Employing maid

marylim571

Hi all, I am new here, I have a good helper at home so that I can focus on my work. If you need a maid you need to find an agent who can do a good match on your expectation and requirements, express your need openly so that the agent can understand you. So far I do not any bad experience with my agent. The advantage of working with her is that she herself is a boss and a responsible person. You can call her at 98573533 (Yvonne) if you need her service.

sporemaid

Hi All , was trying hard to read through everyone's post to find out what was happening in this forum group.
If any of you thinking of hiring a transfer maid. Feel free to contact me, I personally screen the maids and will display only the best on my website.
I will ensure their employment histrory is good and that they have completed their contract .
Maids on Transfer - Singapore Maids
I am Banu , my Handphone number is 93867212. Thanks !

littletwinstars

I am transferring my maid out to another employer and my maid's agent is handling all the paperwork. I read from MOM's website that as the current employer, I should also receive an IPA (in-principle approval) to state that the application for transfer is approved and it will state the transfer date. However, I have not received anything in my mailbox. Anyone have any experience to share? As I am aware that the maid is still under my responsibility until the wp is issued under the new employer's name. Anyone can advise please?

mfo222

I am transferring my maid out to another employer and my maid's agent is handling all the paperwork. I read from MOM's website that as the current employer, I should also receive an IPA (in-principle approval) to state that the application for transfer is approved and it will state the transfer date. However, I have not received anything in my mailbox. Anyone have any experience to share? As I am aware that the maid is still under my responsibility until the wp is issued under the new employer's name. Anyone can advise please?

Hi are you sure ? so far i have been transferring maids I never got any letter, what I got is that the person liability has been discharged. So i normally just check from online

Anniston

I transferred my maid years back but I dun remember receiving IPA. What is do received is from MOM on when my levy stops and when my maid officially transferred.

milkmybaby

recommended maid agency

Go to faith employment agency.
Getting a good maid is not guaranteed.
But engaging a reliable agency is more important. Thats why I use faith employment agency.

mfo222

Re: recommended maid agency

Go to faith employment agency.
Getting a good maid is not guaranteed.
But engaging a reliable agency is more important. Thats why I use faith employment agency.

I would like to recommend Raffles Employment, you can check their transfer rate also extremely low, the lady owner is happy also to suggest to me which maid to take, and compared to all agencies which i called , she is very friendly, made me feel like I was talking to a friend. Anyway coming back to maids, she always take in maids with good record. But I ended up taking a fresh maid, and 2nd maid also from her.

jsia

Hi Mummies,

I m helping my maid to find employer here before sending her back to agency. I have to let her go due communication problem with my MIL as she speak very little English. She is 31 YO Ex-Sg Indon Maid. Can cook simple dishes and do general house works. Her pay is $500 (no off day - off day compensation included). She still have outstanding loan with me. For more details, please contact me at 90694483. Thank you.

Hi, I am new to hiring a maid and my maid is scheduled to arrive in another month's time. Can anyone share with me if there are any essential questions or house rules that I should communicate to the maid on her first or second day of arrival so that we expectations right from the start? Thank you.

Anniston

Hi, I am new to hiring a maid and my maid is scheduled to arrive in another month's time. Can anyone share with me if there are any essential questions or house rules that I should communicate to the maid on her first or second day of arrival so that we expectations right from the start? Thank you.
The key thing is to be patient with the new maid since she is new to you, your culture, your environment. But make sure you don't pamper her (i pampered my first maid and I regretted totally)... give her what's needed i.e. (1) proper meals (whatever your family eat, she eats, she cannot be choosy over food. Some friends I know tell their maid if I haven't eat, you cannot eat also. But I adopted the "time to eat, you eat. Don't have to wait for me" approach. They work whole day and I am sure they get hungry. If I eat late means my maid gotta wait!), (2) enough sleep (8 hours a day... enough rest and sleep is a must), (3) daily routine (gives her a set of daily routine chores - sweep floor, mop floor, wash clothes etc etc and then tell her after routine chores completed, go around the house and open drawers or cabinets and clean etc etc).

Tell her other than the routine chores, she can take her time to complete but must find something and get herself busy. Don't give the maid opportunity to rest too often or too much as very quickly, she will become lazy.

My agent's FB page got an article about first time hirer - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=538501982891014&set=a.409261659148381.94714.386757891398758&type=1&theater (www.facebook.com/eelitpa)... Read it before, very helpful!

Good luck!

Nichinsm

Hi mummies! I'm looking for Indonesia or Myanmar (can speak simple mandarin) transfer maid in Dec or Jan. We are small household, 3 adults plus 1
child (15 months). I'm looking for a helper who is very patient and experience in taking care of child. If you have good transfer maid to recommend, pls PM or email me at nichinsm@yahoo.com. Thanks

mummy0001

Hi anntan,

Have you found good confinement nanny agency already? Just wanna ask if you hear or you know PEM employment nanny agency, i am one of their costumer my nanny is from there, makes me happy because my girl she teach as well, and she do good also in house holding, their nannies have the ability and skills to take care of their responsibilities. I never regret by choosing them.. :) :)

mummy0001

Hi anntan,

Have you found good confinement nanny agency already? Just wanna ask if you hear or you know PEM employment nanny agency, i am one of their costumer my nanny is from there, makes me happy because my girl she teach as well, and she do good also in house holding, their nannies have the ability and skills to take care of their responsibilities. I never regret by choosing them.. :) :)

hubbylovesme

Thinking of employing a maid after I give birth.
Any agency to recommend and how much is the cost?

It depends on you where you choose, in every agencies have different attitude. But when i confine before, i get a maid from Pem confinement nanny agency, i like there agency because they train well, and their maid/nanny are very presented. The decision is in your hand, so take it.

Flor123

I having a transferred indo maid from my aunt and she is 34 yrs old. She does the housechores quite slow and not so clean. She hopes to work with me for about 4 to 5 yrs. She just came to my place on 8 Feb and telling me that she might want to go back in July next yr. The previous maid was from myanmar and she was very young and can cleans my house "superclean". Myarmar maid was with me for 3 months as she always like to take my charger with out my permission. Sometimes give me black face when ask to do additional work. Regretted to let go the myarmar maid..

forever1090

Thinking of employing a maid after I give birth.
Any agency to recommend and how much is the cost?

Hi anntan, have you heard PEM confinement nanny agency? my nanny is from there, going so far she is pretty good working with me, the cost is affordable :)

mummylovehubby

You have the right to choose, anyway not in all agency have the good attitude, sometimes mixed. but i have nanny from PEM. so far she is good, and she do all around the house old chores. :) :) Thanks god i'm given the right choice.