epidural or oxyen gas...

Is epidural really dat painful when inject to the spinal.
or
Shld i chose oxygen gas... does it really help to relieve painfulness...

Pls advise.

TQ.:err:

tinkerball

or

Pls advise.

oxygen gas didnt help at all that i requested for epidural instead cos i was in too much pain from the contractions. its s bit pain of course but compare to the huge relief that came afterwards, its worth the jab.

norfen

or

Pls advise.

Oxygen gas does NOT relieve any pain. Trust me. Been there, done that.
While I opted for a no-pain relief during labour, the midwives kinda talked into me to take the oxygen gas.(After I insisted NO epi for me). Reason cos my cervix wasnt dilating, since every time the pain came, I tensed up. Sort of anticipating the pain and tensed up my body to counter the pain. which shouldn't be the case, cos the cervix wouldn't open up.

Inhaling the oxygen gas helped me to be 'disengaged' from anticipating the pain. My body relaxed by itself while I can still feel the pain throughout.

Epi, on the other hand, if you decide to take, is done by an injection through the spine. that one, totally NO pain from the waist down. But i heard the side effects can be quite 'cham'. But if u're a person who really can't stand pain, then go for it. No point resisting and in the end, get complications. esp. so for baby, cos baby will be in distress. Hope this helps!

Oxygen gas does NOT relieve any pain. Trust me. Been there, done that.
While I opted for a no-pain relief during labour, the midwives kinda talked into me to take the oxygen gas.(After I insisted NO epi for me). Reason cos my cervix wasnt dilating, since every time the pain came, I tensed up. Sort of anticipating the pain and tensed up my body to counter the pain. which shouldn't be the case, cos the cervix wouldn't open up.

Inhaling the oxygen gas helped me to be 'disengaged' from anticipating the pain. My body relaxed by itself while I can still feel the pain throughout.

Epi, on the other hand, if you decide to take, is done by an injection through the spine. that one, totally NO pain from the waist down. But i heard the side effects can be quite 'cham'. But if you're a person who really can't stand pain, then go for it. No point resisting and in the end, get complications. esp. so for baby, cos baby will be in distress. Hope this helps!
is the epi injection beri painful>>

norfen

is the epi injection very painful>>
I didn't take epi, so I don't really know how it feels like.
But based on friends' accounts, the visual is quite scary. ;p what with the needle being so long and that u must really, really keep still when the procedure is taking place to ensure correct insertion to the spine.
But the pain/fear is short lived cos u'll literally NOT feel pain at all, waist down. good thing is, u can reserve ur energy for the later pushing. =)

kams

I had epi 4 times & didn't feel any pain during the needle insertion coz they will apply some cooling liquid on the injection site to sterilise the area. The cooling sensation helps to eliminate any injection pain I guess. Love epi!

lilcactus

Agree that gas has not much impact, I think having gas makes me feel worse, cos there are side effects like i felt giddy (maybe its light headed) and nauseous. And it made me feel weaker and no strength left to push. Heard epi is really painless, so agree that for those who is scared of pain, should just opt for it from the beginning.

TANZHENZHI

I will opt for epi again for my #2. A relief when you're in great pain. . I think the oxygen gas really no help for me. It's good to have epi hahaha... Thumbs up..

pepperphibs

hi,

I heard a lot of 'horror' stories about epi before i delivered and i was so afraid.

But because the pain was so bad, i went for it. I DID NOT FEEL ANY PAIN AT ALL.
So i think it is depending on the individual and of course, the skill of the doctor administering it.

Now, i think Epidural is the best thing ever invented!!

I had epi 4 times & didn't feel any pain during the needle insertion coz they will apply some cooling liquid on the injection site to sterilise the area. The cooling sensation helps to eliminate any injection pain I guess. Love epi!
u make me feel more relax.. keke

hi,

I heard a lot of 'horror' stories about epi before i delivered and i was so afraid.

But because the pain was so bad, i went for it. I DID NOT FEEL ANY PAIN AT ALL.
So i think it is depending on the individual and of course, the skill of the doctor administering it.

Now, i think Epidural is the best thing ever invented!!
ya lor.... say until is so pain.. sad... sad.
I guess wat u say is right, still depend on individual + the skill of the doctor....

u made oso make me feel better now... lolx....:nah:

lila

epi yes !!! :D
didn't feel pain during the injection and about 10 minutes all the pain of contractions gone :D

NIisme

I don't like edi...
I only took the gas during labor. Ppl always say about the side effect, I don't want those happen to me in future, so I nv take.
And one more thing is money, when I was in pain, the nurse keep ask me take edi, but when I think of I have to extra money just to stop 50% pain, I rejected it. Lol

vinder79

For both my pregnancies i took EPI(MEDICAL SCIENCE GIFT TO WOMEN)I fully salute women who do not take it even with many hours of labour and inducing.My first one was 25 hrs labour with inducing after 14 hrs i begged the doc for it.Well not much effect.The 2nd one it was also induced and EPI from beginning till end.Then ice pack to relief my hips while pushing.

Ting

hmmmm the laughing gas doesnt work, imo. n i think it seriously stinks.
well, i went thru w/o epi. :) its not tt pain actually, or perhaps i hv a high threshold of pain.