Epidural?

Ting

wahahhahahaha~~~~~~is it like farting smell??????????? :p:p:p

actually i did consider epi but when i want it, its too last minute oredi lOlsssss cannot inject anymore lOlzzz

so its no turning back for me whahahhahaha

sO if you dddink you want to tahan childbirth pains, then GO FOR IT

if you hav all along been the kind who cannot tahan pain, dont hesitate, just take EPI

IF you dont know want or dunn want, then by 2cm MUST decide or it will be TOO LATE hahahah~~~
haha i think its like rubbery smell or something.. so long ago liaos.. i dun rmb.. only know its smelly!:nah:

Ting

for me horr, its my water bag leaking water then i admit into hosp.
but i stay in the labour room for total of 13 hrs.. slping mostly.. n end up contractions was for 1 hr plus nia.

Right from the start I already told myself that I need epidural since my threshold for pain is damn low. I was injected with epi shortly after I was admitted, the injection was bearable but due to the contractions, my epi ran out just before my baby was born. I can feel my gynae stitch me and all but the pain was bearable cos the epi has not wear off yet and I was still feeling partially numb.

After the delivery, I felt abit nauseous but didn't puke...so far so good :001_302:

Btw, the epi @ Eastshore cost about $500+

stupidyeye

I did nt tk epidural too..i was havin cramps since e day b4 I labour...Frm e beginning i told myself nt to tk...so all e way till labour time..e pain is bearable fr me..UNTIL...my water bag was burst by doc...and there comes my nite mare..LOL..coz my age dat time still 18..so nd parent consent..and well..my mum was back HOME!!!...so i ring her up..told her i BTH...so she rush down..but i hvnt tok at...till doc came in n check me..and was told 7cm dilated liao...T.T...so end up also nvr tk...hahas....n also nt laughin gas..is reali damn smelly..n dat stupid nurse kep push to me n hold tight to my nose!!!!!!!!!!super angry lor..i no energy to tok..nor push her hand away...bt i still manage to push..coz can die ahhhh!!!!
BUT..wen doin stichin..i did tk laughing gas...coz..wen doc insert anesthetic..i BTH...e needle was freakin thick sia...n dn noe poke how mani times!!!ZZZ...bt stiches wasn't dat pain..jz can feel e PULLING~~~~

All of you mummies out there are so brave!
I alreadi cannot tahan the nurse checking my dilation! So rough and painful!
The uncontrollable shivering during contractions and vomitting really scares me but if really no choice and labour is long, i think i will ask for Epi. :(

nancy

All of you mummies out there are so brave!
I alreadi cannot tahan the nurse checking my dilation! So rough and painful!
The uncontrollable shivering during contractions and vomitting really scares me but if really no choice and labour is long, i think i will ask for Epi. :(
I agreed with you that the checking of the dilation was indeed very painful.. like gana violated by the nurse! ha ha!

But after taking epidural, the checking is no longer painful!! Initially I thought of saving $$ so I didn't want to take epidural. However, when I started having my 2nd contractions (for 2 days somemore!! win already!) and the nurse finally checked me into the delivery ward, I was given epi quite early.. hence I could only feel the tightening of my tummy during the contractions and I could read my mag, watch HBO, sms and talk on the phone throughout the process! Epidural is indeed a GOD sent invention!! But one negative pt is that I could not eat anything after given epi and I was famished!! Imagine I didn't eat from 5 plus a.m. till 6 plus p.m.!!! I couldn't even drink lots of water.. can only sip a bit at a time. Faint!! During the process of my waiting for the baby to come out, I was asking nurse when I could eat!! But by the time the baby came, I had no appetite cos I puked a "fountain' all over my hospital gown! Reason was that I gulped down a bottle of water str after delivery cos too thirsty! Sigh!

The real pain came after the epi wore off... my wound hurt and I could not move. Plus the bleeding from the vagina made pee-ing hurt! I even had to purchase a float to sit on it!

So dun save the money... Take epidural.. you will not regret it!!

shiyi

haha when i was awarded to the labour ward i ask hubb buy mac for me cos i was so hungry.. but the nurse say canot! cant even drink the coke.. i was damn sad tat i teared hahahha

annie

for me horr, its my water bag leaking water then i admit into hospital.
but i stay in the labour room for total of 13 hours.. sleeping mostly.. n end up contractions was for 1 hr plus nia.
i think u same as me.. my waterbag burst n i went to hospital but lie down there under drip 8hrs no pain though contraction is regular. i just felt a bit backache but very very mild only.then after 8hrs contraction becomes irregular so doc induce me then the pain comes n total last about 20mins i guess..

CanCanMum

haha when i was awarded to the labour ward i ask hubb buy mac for me cos i was so hungry.. but the nurse say canot! cant even drink the coke.. i was damn sad that i teared hahahha
i oso asked hubby buy Mcnuggets lOlsssssss!!!! same same~~~

CanCanMum

i still remembered tat time my contractions were during the night, and middle of the night many mummies delivered and can hear the babies cry~~~lOlsss

tat time i was so super duper envious and keep thinking when will be my turn??? lOlzzzzzzzzzzzz

baber was born early morning hahahahah~~~~~ i spent 20mins pushing him out lOlssssss

ping26

haha when i was awarded to the labour ward i ask hubb buy mac for me cos i was so hungry.. but the nurse say canot! cant even drink the coke.. i was damn sad that i teared hahahha
hahaha... I think I must break all records.

My labour lasted 33 hrs. My hubby only remembered I ate & ate... let me think, I had 1.5 bowl of wanton mee (b4 checking into Mt A), 2 bowls of porridge, 1 sandwich in labour ward...

YUMMY

All the nurses were in disbelief at the amt of food.

My gynae okayed food cos he said a starving mummy is too weak to push. he also asked me to take epi right fr the start cos it was v difficult to check cervix dilation. think he knew it would be a long long labour. he was fairly confident of vaginal delivery.

The vomitting was due to that sip of water that I drank post-delivery!!!

I think after the 5th vial, the epi started to lose effect. I could feel my legs slowly. :eek: But I didn't feel anything during delivery.

I took the DBS package, so 1st vial was free. Subsequent vials cost abt $200/300 per vial.

pepperphibs

I took epidural once i got admitted coz my contractions started 6 hrs before. Wanted to experience what being in labour was like but by the time i reached the hospital...cannot tahan liao.

I did throw up and have uncontrollable shivering but its not so bad. Just prepare a plastic bag for hubby to pass to you when you feel like throwing up...that's what i did. Coz my fren said that the hospital charged her for the container that she threw up in. haha!

It will be good to adjust the 'dosage' of the epi as you go along so that when it's time to push, you can feel it.

I'm not so brave like all the mummies here. I'm all for epi even for no. 2 although its likely to be a caesarean...coz i ended up with one after a 12 hr labour for no.1

iwan2noe

agree, if you have low threshhold, then take epi.
laughing gas is useless imo.
i didnt take epi though, but they nurse reco laughing gas to me n i took one puff n threw the mask back at her. damn smelly!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dun renb it yo be smelly buti do remb that the laughing gas mask which I inhaled fr is not v clean & sticky?? Mayb I was then in great pain that I've forgotten wat is smelly... Hahaha!!!

My hubby's tried smelling fr it and said it was smelly n told me I was like, I was so in pain to tell ... Haha!!

Last edited:
I dont renb it yo be smelly buti do remb that the laughing gas mask which I inhaled fr is not very clean & sticky?? Mayb I was then in great pain that I've forgotten what is smelly... Hahaha!!!

My hubby's tried smelling fr it and said it was smelly n told me I was like, I was so in pain to tell ... Haha!!
I will never forget the laughing gas smell..it smells like insecticide and i felt like a cockroach when the nurse pushed me the mask! :err:

shiyi

lol b4 delivery i heard bout the stench of the laughin gas from mummies here tats y i din even thought of taking it

Verona's

Was induced , contractions came in around 1 hour after gynae burst my waterbag , took epi because i can't stand the shiverings & backaches somemore cervix open 2 cm only after lying there for 2 hours never thought of other pain relief other than epi haha ! :p I think its damn painful when needle was insert lor , i think 2-3 times at different place leh .. but lie there 6 more hours still no progress still 2 cm , tummy also not enough fluid liao so no choice c-sect .. Was half awake during c-sect but after that shivers till cannot take it very cold also for 3 hours plus then i can control . After that my jaw also sore like this , cannot forget that feeling . Still cannot believe i cannot stand the pain at 2 cm :( Does epi affects cervix progression ?

sugarcookie

I'm pro-epidural.

I opted for epi and never regretted it. Yes, there are side effects like trembling (lasted for about 10mins for me) and nausea (but nothing compared to morning sickness).

But I guess whether you have a good experience with epi also depends on the anaesthetist who administers it. If he/she is good and able to adjust the dosage appropriately, you should have a relatively easy and smooth delivery with few long-lasting side effects.