Episiotomy (no epi)

Ain1707

Will the dr apply any local anaesthetic before its being done?? How about during the stitch, will they apply as well?? I guess these two are my biggest fear :(

shermyn

Hi there, 5 years ago I had episiotomy. Seriously I ccould only feel the cut but not the pain as I was pushing my girl out and it was done at the very moment before my girl popped out.

As for the stitching,u could feel urself being poked,but that was bearable. :) whether there's any anesthesia or not I'm not very sure as everything happen so fast and I was really tired during the stitching up.

Dont think about all the pain all these cos it'll only make you nervous. When the time comes,you'll be amazed with the amazing pain threshold you had. ^^

breadgal

Before perform episiotomy, doc give an injection to numb e area.. It's nothing compare to e contractions so no worries.. I can feel when he cut but no pain.. But stitching I can feel e pain maybe is e injection worn off le.. But I juz grab e laughing gas n it's a great relieve too..

marshmallows

Yes doc will give injection to numb the area before cutting and before stitching. I only felt abit of pain during cutting cos contraction pains are far worse. And for my case, my tear was quite bad and it was really painful for me during the stitching up. I kept closing my legs til my gynea asked the nurse to give me the laughing gas again haha!

bertrande

Thank you for this - I intend to go without epidural if things go well and was wondering about stitching if there is a tear / episiotomy as well!

engravedx

I didnt have any epi. Doctor cut when I was pushing my girl. I dont rmb her giving me any injections when she cut. I couldnt feel the pain but i could feel the cut. After i gave birth, she gave me an injection (shld be anesthesia if i rmb correctly) before stitching up. I didnt ask for the injection though. When she was stitching up, it wasnt pain for me. Just very very very uncomfortable cos i can feel the thread whenever it reach the ends. -.-"