Ex husband delays on maintenance every month

Hi,

I just like to check, anyone of you can provide advises on what I can do?

My ex husband delays on maintenance for my daughter every month. Base on the last legal letter, its appointed that he has to transfer the maintenance to me on the 1st of every month, however, for the past few years, I have to chase for it every single month.

If I don;t chase, I doubt I will ever get it. Its really getting frustrating for me having to chase him every single month.

Anyone can advise what I can legally?

Ting

hmmm, i thought if u remarry, then your ex hubby dun hv to pay u maintenance fee alr??
or isit just alimony?

wawa

u r not alone. I have to chase every month for my kids' maintenance as well. if i dont, i doubt i will ever see a cent in my account. i am so sick and tired of "reminding" him to transfer the money into my account. Is it so difficult to do it without asking?

Ting

Eh, I stated maintenance for my daughter?
yup thats why i asked is it only applicable for alimony (that he dun hv to give)since u remarry.
your daughter not sharing the same surname as your current hubby?
as in, his name not in her BC?

reason me asking is bcos:
i wanted to claim maintenance for my girl from my ex.
but someone (who knows this kinda procdures well), told me that IF i were to remarry n my girl is taking my future hubby's surname (his name to be on her BC) then i cannot claim maintenance anymore.

vinder79

yup thats why i asked is it only applicable for alimony (that he dont have to give)since you remarry.

but someone (who knows this kinda procdures well), told me that IF i were to remarry n my girl is taking my future hubby's surname (his name to be on her BC) then i cannot claim maintenance anymore.
Go to Family Court ask them procedures.Give them the actual facts they can guide u.

yup thats why i asked is it only applicable for alimony (that he dont have to give)since you remarry.

Ting, yup. If change surname in bc den cannot get maintenance anymore. But ur ex needs to consent b4 can change sirname as in he will have to disown ur daughter. N ur next partner will have to adopt her.

you r not alone. I have to chase every month for my kids' maintenance as well. if i dont, i doubt i will ever see a cent in my account. i am so sick and tired of "reminding" him to transfer the money into my account. Is it so difficult to do it without asking?
I chase till I really like loan shark.

MsKoh1973

my ex-BIL oso din pay for about a year, two months ago, my sis went family court, then they sent him letter.

when he came to the court, he claimed that he din pay becos my sis won't allow him to see the kids (like real), and he loss interest in work and life. So the court told my sis must let him see the kids and allow him to pay the outstanding by instalment. My sis told him, if he wanted to see the kids on sat (visitation right), to call her to make arrangement.

he paid the apr one, then may no pay again. when my sis called, he said he no see kids, so he not going to pay. But truth is, he never said he want to see kids, he never called, he is not interested, just want to use tat as an excuse.

told my sis to go family court again to hamtam him. that time they did say, every time he delay, we go FC, he will leave black record, then we can use it on him to ensure his compliance in future.

I told my sis if possible, make life difficult for him and sent him to jail......

vinder79

My uncle is like that tii one day his wife made him sit in jail.I feel that men 4get that they still have responsibility 2wards their kids even if the husband and wife have divorced.

mag_huiling

my ex-brother in law also did not pay for about a year, two months ago, my sis went family court, then they sent him letter.

when he came to the court, he claimed that he did not pay becos my sis won't allow him to see the kids (like real), and he loss interest in work and life. So the court told my sis must let him see the kids and allow him to pay the outstanding by instalment. My sis told him, if he wanted to see the kids on sat (visitation right), to call her to make arrangement.

he paid the apr one, then may no pay again. when my sis called, he said he no see kids, so he not going to pay. But truth is, he never said he want to see kids, he never called, he is not interested, just want to use that as an excuse.

told my sis to go family court again to hamtam him. that time they did say, every time he delay, we go FC, he will leave black record, then we can use it on him to ensure his compliance in future.

I told my sis if possible, make life difficult for him and sent him to jail......
what the........................ Even if he never see the kids, be it whether he took the initiative or not, he still have to pay mah!

Guys ah.. realy f up leh.... i also facing about the same situation as ur sis... just that i havent go to FC and make enforcement...

Some people are so toopid that they didnt know that they will be jailed or still have to pay if the they default payments... Just like my ex and his "mother"... LOL~

MsKoh1973

My X-BIL again delayed payment for another 2 mths, my sis going to family court again on her next off day........

hope tat F.idoit finally go to jail becos of that....

Avrinmom

if the lady remarrry then the ex hubby need not pay for her alimony but he still have to continue to pay for the children's
. hope this helps

MrZQ

Im a guy too but i despise guys that purposely dont want to pay every month maintenance fees for kids. However I would give them a chance if they really for whatever diffculties unable to earn enough $ etc but they still need to pay by instalment. I would encourage woman to go to court if they failed to pay maintenance fees for kids every month. Children are father by them too, so shouldnt they bear the responsibilities even after divorce???