Face Problems

missymic

Hi..any mummies have the same problems as me...?I'm in my 22 weeks already and my face have alot of clogged pores/whiteheads..Before my pregnancy i do not have all these problems eg oily skin and clogged pores.I'ved tried diff facial wash,mosturisers but doesnt seems to works.Seeing my face like this makes me very depressed(at nite will cry when thinking abt it) and does not feel like going out..Have thought of going to facial...but heard old folks saying cant go..Pls advise..thanks..:tsad:

Hi..any mummies have the same problems as me...?I'm in my 22 weeks already and my face have alot of clogged pores/whiteheads..Before my pregnancy i do not have all these problems eg oily skin and clogged pores.I'ved tried diff facial wash,mosturisers but doesnt seems to works.Seeing my face like this makes me very depressed(at nite will cry when thinking about it) and does not feel like going out..Have thought of going to facial...but heard old folks saying cant go..Pls advise..thanks..:tsad:
Hi missymic

I too facing the same problem. I think its the hormones that is to blame.

Before that I too didn't have any of these problem. I still go for my facial and I will always remind my theapist that I'm pregnant and the treatment I'm doing is the very basic cleaning and unclogging and moisturising of the face. From what I know is, as long as no machine is used on you and they don't anyhow message the accupuncture point on your face, facial shouldn't be much of an issue.

Drink lotsa of water and keep cool and avoid foundation.

Keep your hair away from the face and try using luke warm water to wash your face.

Facial is a temp solution only. Cos the clogging comes back 3 days later.

I'm also hoping that my skin will clear up after labour.

Stay positive and happy. It will help a bit.. :)

DELvy

Hihi, I heard that if you are carrying a girl, your complexion will be more beautiful. Otherwise if you are carrying a boy. Is it true for your case?

siongnelly

its kind of change of hormone,
so your skin will produce more oil, therefore you need to do a good cleaning.
i had been using artistry for more than 5yrs. I started when i am pregnant.
my intro to me, cos she said its very safe, all natural ingredients.
let me know if you need more info.

Hihi, I heard that if you are carrying a girl, your complexion will be more beautiful. Otherwise if you are carrying a boy. Is it true for your case?

ya thats what ive been hearing too.

some ppl asked me if i was carrying a girl (that time) then i said ya. they replied, "oh, no wonder u look so radiant n pretty!" :err:

then i went to the mirror and stared at myself for a long time..... :shyxxx:

:001_302::tlaugh::001_302::tlaugh::001_302::tlaugh:

WHERE GOT RADIANT WHERE GOT PRETTY??
SAME LAA!! all in the mind wahahha

DELvy

ya thats what ive been hearing too.

some ppl asked me if i was carrying a girl (that time) then i said ya. they replied, "oh, no wonder you look so radiant n pretty!" :err:

then i went to the mirror and stared at myself for a long time..... :shyxxx:

:001_302::tlaugh::001_302::tlaugh::001_302::tlaugh:

WHERE GOT RADIANT WHERE GOT PRETTY??
SAME LAA!! all in the mind wahahha
Hahaha!!! So funny. I'd prob do the same if I were you. But, people around me are all guessing that I am carrying a boy though I have not known the gender yet. Should I cry? :eek:10: Whatever la, so long as baby is healthy can liao.

Hahaha!!! So funny. I'd prob do the same if I were you. But, people around me are all guessing that I am carrying a boy though I have not known the gender yet. Should I cry? :eek:10: Whatever , so long as baby is healthy can .

wahhahahhaahhaha! *pats* :001_302: ~pardon me~

they probably said that based on your tummy shape?? .... wait a min, if u dont know the gender yet, means.... your in early trimester?? also means no expanded tummy yet??

boys - "pointy" tummy
girls - more FATS on the sides of the back

indeed i had 2 CUSHIONS at the back

:wong10:
is it true??bt im carrying a girl..not radiant..in fact dull skin...:tsad:
maybe your just moody at that time so when u look in the mirror, u find it dull? :tlaugh:

ive seen some extreme cases on preggie mummies. face all covered with dark blemishes and acne!

so sad right?:wong10: being preggy is such a wonderful thing but yet we must deal with the hormones that can make us go ding dong at times, acne, blemish, big nose, swollen leg, stretch marks, saggy breasts, hair lost, etc.

some ppl will get it all and some almost nothing! :07:

iwan2noe

Not so true for my case. My face still got pimples n white/black heads. But there r pple who say I m pretty when Im in my 2nd trimester :) hehe

iwan2noe

they probably said that based on your tummy shape?? .... wait a min, if you dont know the gender yet, means.... your in early trimester?? also means no expanded tummy yet??

boys - "pointy" tummy

for me when I'm expecting my gal I do not have more fats at the side of my stomach during pregnancy. My hair used to drop badly before pregnancy n surprising after I got pregnant my hair drop problem improved alot.

The problem of darkening of skin happen to me not on my face or neck but under my ARMPITS! so irritating. Guess it's due to hormones. I hope
it slowly resume to normal v soon. I feel embarassed to wear sleeveless now..
OH NO!!

DELvy

they probably said that based on your tummy shape?? .... wait a min, if you dont know the gender yet, means.... your in early trimester?? also means no expanded tummy yet??

boys - "pointy" tummy

I am into my 16th week, still cannot tell from the back. Got a little bump, not so big yet. People around me are just guessing, which I thought by random, but it doesnt seem so now...hehee...My cousin commented that my skin is duller and my nose expanded :embarrassed:

DELvy

for me when I'm expecting my gal I do not have more fats at the side of my stomach during pregnancy. My hair used to drop badly before pregnancy n surprising after I got pregnant my hair drop problem improved alot.

The problem of darkening of skin happen to me not on my face or neck but under my ARMPITS! so irritating. Guess it's due to hormones. I hope
it slowly resume to normal very soon. I feel embarassed to wear sleeveless now..
OH NO!!
For me no darkening of skin, but I just developed lots of rashes on my feet, hand, back and tummry area. They are so itchy and affect my sleep at night. Someone told me it's UPPP and I read from some websites that it usually occurs during 3rd trimester and affect 1st prenancies. 70% of UPPP mothers give birth to boys. Dunno how true it is though.

koala82

I am into my 16th week, still cannot tell from the back. Got a little bump, not so big yet. People around me are just guessing, which I thought by random, but it doesnt seem so now...hehee...My cousin commented that my skin is duller and my nose expanded :embarrassed:
All those are NOT true.

I got a very ROUND tummy, face super radiant, super pretty. no moisturiser needed, complexion just like baby skin and everyone are so certain, it is a girl. and in fact, i went for the detailed scan trice and confirmed that it is a girl, bought a lot of girls stuff, everything is pink pink and pink.

few months down the road, i lie on the bed in the ward after a c-sect, when i first open my eyes after the operation, my hubby told me, i had delivered a BOY.

so to say all the myths are not true. just be happy, relaxed and enjoy the whole journey of pregnancy, had all sort of demands from your hubby, rest more before the no-sleep, not-enuff-sleep stages comes.:Dancing_wub:

DELvy

All those are NOT true.

I got a very ROUND tummy, face super radiant, super pretty. no moisturiser needed, complexion just like baby skin and everyone are so certain, it is a girl. and in fact, i went for the detailed scan trice and confirmed that it is a girl, bought a lot of girls stuff, everything is pink pink and pink.

few months down the road, i lie on the bed in the ward after a c-sect, when i first open my eyes after the operation, my hubby told me, i had delivered a BOY.

so to say all the myths are not true. just be happy, relaxed and enjoy the whole journey of pregnancy, had all sort of demands from your hubby, rest more before the no-sleep, not-enuff-sleep stages comes.:Dancing_wub:
Woah koala82, how did you feel exactly when you got to know it's actually a boy? I cannot imagine my reaction if I were in your shoes.

Pamper

Hi..any mummies have the same problems as me...?I'm in my 22 weeks already and my face have alot of clogged pores/whiteheads..Before my pregnancy i do not have all these problems eg oily skin and clogged pores.I'ved tried diff facial wash,mosturisers but doesnt seems to works.Seeing my face like this makes me very depressed(at nite will cry when thinking about it) and does not feel like going out..Have thought of going to facial...but heard old folks saying cant go..Pls advise..thanks..:tsad:
it's normal to experience this.. and those myths are not true at all!.. haha.. it will definitely go away after giving birth.. like my friend who was preg at the same year as me.. her face became very dull, dry even got flakes and her nose looks bigger.. before that she was those pretty pretty type.. she also recovered after giving birth.. don worry.. like they say.. drink more water n keep urself happy.. do facial.. at home do mask/pore pack to maintain.. there is no immediate solution.. at least don worsen ur cond.. n after u give birth everything will jus fine.. ^^

Last edited:

allycat

All those are old wives tales. I'm the same for all my preg and my friends said I'm a pretty preggy :tlaugh:

Delvy - I had the same prob (for my first and recent preg) and the use of aloe vera helped to relief the itch.

Iwan2noe - There's a stoppage of growing of new hair during preg thus the old ones are not being pushed out. As a result, u noticed u have lesser hair drops. But once u have delivered and the body adjusted to recognised that it can grow new ones, u will be upset bcos of the higher hair drops. All these are transitional and u will be better off after 6-9 mths thereafter. So dont worry when the time comes ya.

koala82

Woah koala82, how did you feel exactly when you got to know it's actually a boy? I cannot imagine my reaction if I were in your shoes.
My reaction...i cry and scolded my hubby, telling him not to pull such a prank on me. after seeing my child, i tot to myself is this MY child? dun mixed up wor. mine is a gal not a boy, went to confirm with my gynae if he carried out a boy or a gal.:wong19:

DELvy

All those are old wives tales. I'm the same for all my preg and my friends said I'm a pretty preggy :tlaugh:

Delvy - I had the same prob (for my first and recent preg) and the use of aloe vera helped to relief the itch.

Iwan2noe - There's a stoppage of growing of new hair during preg thus the old ones are not being pushed out. As a result, you noticed you have lesser hair drops. But once you have delivered and the body adjusted to recognised that it can grow new ones, you will be upset bcos of the higher hair drops. All these are transitional and you will be better off after 6-9 mths thereafter. So dont worry when the time comes ya.
allycat, I just bought a tube of aloe vera gel. Will try that out, thanks!:001_302:

DELvy

Iwan2noe - There's a stoppage of growing of new hair during preg thus the old ones are not being pushed out. As a result, you noticed you have lesser hair drops. But once you have delivered and the body adjusted to recognised that it can grow new ones, you will be upset bcos of the higher hair drops. All these are transitional and you will be better off after 6-9 mths thereafter. So dont worry when the time comes ya.
My reaction...i cry and scolded my hubby, telling him not to pull such a prank on me. after seeing my child, i thought to myself is this MY child? dont mixed up . mine is a gal not a boy, went to confirm with my gynae if he carried out a boy or a gal.:wong19:
Oh..it must have been an emotional surprise for you.