Fashion Stylist on Maternity Wear

VivChow

Just want to share with everyone that I was reading this article by Peter Lum recently and i cant agree with it more! I had a 2 year old and had really like what he said taken leave for 9 months during pregnancy. Now i am bearing my 2nd child and I definitely dont want to look dull anymore..LADIES - get dressed up even when you have a baby or you will be so struggled to take out photos taken in the best part of your life!:wong29:

I recently came across esprit ( on their facebook page)...I found a dress i quite like..you think i can have that? I am now 4 months pregnant.

Article by Fashion Stylist Peter Lum: ParenThots - Features

Esprit facebook: Esprit SG | Facebook

Pinkliciouz

Just want to share with everyone that I was reading this article by Peter Lum recently and i cant agree with it more! I had a 2 year old and had really like what he said taken leave for 9 months during pregnancy. Now i am bearing my 2nd child and I definitely dont want to look dull anymore..LADIES - get dressed up even when you have a baby or you will be so struggled to take out photos taken in the best part of your life!:wong29:

I recently came across esprit ( on their facebook page)...I found a dress i quite like..you think i can have that? I am now 4 months pregnant.

Article by Fashion Stylist Peter Lum: ParenThots - Features

Esprit facebook: Esprit SG | Facebook

I totally agree with you. Even when we are pregnant, we should take the effort to dress up. Why should we look dull just because we are pregnant, in fact, with our bump, we should be proud and dress ourselves up. Bringing life to another being is not a chore, it is a process to be enjoyed.

I have colleagues who told me, I should wear only dull color clothes and shouldn't wear loud clothes because I am pregnant and I find that a total b*llsh*t. Why should I change my style completely just because I am pregnant. And that comment came from a guy.

VivChow, If you like the dress, and you think you can carry it off, just buy it! Being pregnant shouldn't be too much of a different from not being pregnant, enjoy it just like you have always enjoyed your life~

Ashbaby

Its easier said than done. I was completed exhausted out everyday and to make things worse I had MS thru out my pregnancy. So I didnt bother to dress up unless I have events.

Pinkliciouz

Its easier said than done. I was completed exhausted out everyday and to make things worse I had MS thru out my pregnancy. So I didnt bother to dress up unless I have events.

Hmmm... Actually it's not really that hard, at least for me... I still dress up and make-up everyday and go for my monthly manicure/pedicure and my facials... Fatigue do set in but as long as I make sure I only go out during days when I feel that I have the energy, it's not really that bad...

I was vomiting everywhere I go during my 1st trimester... In the car, in the toilet, after eating etc. But I didn't want to suddenly change my lifestyle so I still hung out with friends and colleagues...

I heard from a friend once, she told me to continue enjoy doing what I was doing pre-pregnancy. So that when a day comes and I want a second child, I won't feel that being pregnant is a chore because I enjoyed myself during the process. And I won't shun from the idea of having more children. Just to take into account not to do things that will harm our child like drinking and smoking.

I guess Mood Swings we all get it... There will be days when I feel ugly and fat, and 1 minute I was laughing at a joke, the next minute suddenly I am feeling this misery inside me for no apparent reason. I just wait the feeling off...:001_302:

VivChow

Hi Pinkliciouz, I am so happy to find someone with the same voice! i had this exact feeling of not wanting to go anywhere because i felt this horrible misery inside me. I was supposed to be a happy women with a lovely husband and a baby but this thought about my terrible appearance made me feel even more exhausted than expected.

Pregnant women in my mom's generation were completely not into this dressing up concept but i think the atmosphere has changed. Now I can see more and more women with big bumps walk down the street shining with radiance.

recently i have been researching on maternity wear ( and of couse kids wear too) will let you guys know later if there's good options out there.

And you are right i am definitely going to get that dress from Esprit :)

Pinkliciouz

Hi Pinkliciouz, I am so happy to find someone with the same voice! i had this exact feeling of not wanting to go anywhere because i felt this horrible misery inside me. I was supposed to be a happy women with a lovely husband and a baby but this thought about my terrible appearance made me feel even more exhausted than expected.

Pregnant women in my mom's generation were completely not into this dressing up concept but i think the atmosphere has changed. Now I can see more and more women with big bumps walk down the street shining with radiance.

recently i have been researching on maternity wear ( and of couse kids wear too) will let you guys know later if there's good options out there.

And you are right i am definitely going to get that dress from Esprit :)

I think we all get Mood Swings, 1 of the cons of being pregnant I guess... But it is only 9 months in exchange for a lifetime of joy(our little ones). So looking at ratio, it is still worth it!

You know initially when I look into the mirror, cos I had outbreaks due to the sudden change of hormones, and the tummy that can't be hide, I broke down in tears. I even shun from my husband but gradually, I learnt to accept that as part and parcel of having a baby... Luckily my husband very supportive too, keep consoling me. My friends were all also very supportive.

So, anytime you feel down, and need a listening ear.. PM me!! we shall gossip about why we shouldn't feel depress! :001_302:

Maternity wear hor, I saw from www.taobao.com, there's some nice pieces there, but it're order from China, so see whether you're comfortable with that or not... Shipping is a week I think... I have ordered some stuffs, waiting for it to come. Let you know about the quality when I receive it because the stuffs are just sooooooo cheap.

^are they available here in SG?

I'm currently on my 6th month already and been playing with some of my pre-pregnancy clothes, good thing I have lots of empire cut dresses that I can still wear up to now. Even before I got pregnant I always admire those who look radiant and great during their pregnancy.

Just want to share some tips that I learned (and also discovered somehow on my own) on dressing up while pregnant:
- leggings will be your bff if you can still fit your pre-pregnancy tunics.
- make sure to invest on maternity pants. Those black legging jeans or cigarette type of maternity pants can give you a sleek silhouette & putting all the curves in the right places.
- Aside from tunics, dolman tops are one of this season's must have --- and also a chic mum to be's must have :D
- instead of your usual ballet flats, pointy ballet flats can elongate your silhouette
- play with scarves and long cardigans to streamline your silhouette.
- for body hugging tunic tops, wearing a tummy band can make your silhouette sleeker --- sans those muffin back & sometimes also VPL's.

summertime

totally agree... i still put on make up n dress up, i still wanted to put fake eye lashes juz that my hubby worry the glue for lashes is not gd for bb. but when i go work those aunties will comment preg still wear like go shopping.

cocotan

yes, of course you can.why Pregnant women can't wear beautiful clothing ?women have the right to enjoy beauty in different historical periods.so enjoy your beautiful

and you can search your like from online shop.because you don't be convenient for you if you go out alone.so you can try to find from online .there are many kinds of produces on online shop .you can find you want

do you buy from china? i always buy from taobao in china.it is very beautiful and the quality is very good. don't afraid of your joke,i don't understand chinese,but i also buy form china,do you know why?because i buy from taobao via taobaobuying,it is a experienced, professional and efficient group

so if you are interested in buying from taobao,you can find them help you.but if you can read chinese,you can try your first trip from taobao

have a good trip:Dancing_wub:

DevonSchilling

Well, not only you but all pregnant women these days wish to look beautiful even in their pregnancy time. During pregnancy, dressing up in a stylish manner is not a big deal as there are lots of fashion houses like the one you have shared with us and the one my wife has used i.e. Leelach.com which has created a great buzz in the market.

missyqiqi

I still dress up when pregnant or after pregnant although sometimes i do feel lazy. But i feel that it keeps me happy about my body shape when I'm pregnant.. haha.. nobody will bother about your stomach is it got abs or flat lol.,...

I wear mostly non maternity clothes coz most maternity clothes are not really fashionable or nice. By the way my clothes are affordable all below $30. >.<
instagram.jpg