Feeding Amount

Both my PD and the instruction on the milk forumla suggest that my 3 weeks old newborn should be drinking 120ml. but my baby only drinks about 70-80ml. after that, she will be too sleepy to drink more. i always try to wake her up but to no avail. if she is awake, she will pout and refuses more milk.

so with that feeding amount, she wakes up every 2hours instead of every 3-4hours. PD says that shouldn't be the case if she is eating the right amount.

anyone facing this issue?

Bearygum

My 7 week old baby only drink 60-80 ml. Sometime she fall sleep before finish the milk, i will let her sleep and feed her again when she is hungry. Anyway, you can't force them to drink if they don't want.

venussnow

My 1 month old baby is drinking 90ml and she drinks every 2 to 3 h and she can stretch up to 5 h in the night but she's clearing her bowels normally as mentioned in breastfeeding booklets. as long as ur baby is clearing his/her bowels as recommended, he/she should be feeding enough so dun worry

Shirix

My 3 months baby also only taking 90ml every 3 hours... As long as she's happy and clearing her bowels and had wet diapers.. Think should be fine.. Some babies had small appetite.. :)

Hi everyone, thanks for the assurance. I guess it is the correct amt for her then cos the number of wet diapers is right. But is there a reason why she wakes up every 2 hrs. It is quite taxing and i am not having enough rest.