Feeling sore throat & heaty... what to eat/drink?

felicity

i'm having this painful sore throat which is really making me feeling very down and sick... and i have been drinking packet milo whenever i feel slight hunger pangs at bedtime... wondering if it's too heaty... but not good to drink cooling things also right? any suggestions on what to take to feel better? thank you!

JuliaKT

Oh Dear.. I also had sore throat before chinese new year.. At first, I tried to gurgle salt water as I don't want to take any medicines. You can also take lozenges. But these kind of remedies are only to make better for minor sorethroat.
But if it is the bacteria infections, gurgle with salt water also could not help. You will even get fever later.
That was the case for me. After sore throat, I've got fever and coughs. So I have to go to nearby clinic and doctor gave some antibiotics which is safe for pregnancy. The best is to go to clinic and get some advice from doctor if you have sore thorat for a few days. Tell them that you are pregnant and they can give you the relevant medicines.

felicity

ya... i coughed out bloody phlergm this morning... throat was feeling very scratching and painful =( i think i'll try gurgling salt water tonight. also taking honey and lozenges...

JuliaKT

ya... i coughed out bloody phlergm this morning... throat was feeling very scratching and painful =( i think i'll try gurgling salt water tonight. also taking honey and lozenges...
Sorethroat and coughing is really bad especially when we are pregnent. it's such an uneasy feeling that I had to deal during the CNY holidays and couldn't enjoy anything :(
The doctor gave me one bottle for gurgling and the sorethroat was gone the next day. But coughing is still left till now... :(
Take care...

Snowgal

i m having sore throat n cough too, sick for the 2nd time during my 1st n 2nd trimester, the feeling is terrible. i cant just take normal medicine on the shelf, must go see doc to get med from them. but in the end, i m the one suffering. doc's med are so mild that cant cure my sickness, those usual normal med i cant take too... really 无药可救!! haiz... :-(

felicity

yea Julia and Snowgal... I really hate being sick, anytime! and now, even worse! Snowgal u r right, 无药可救! =(

thanks Tannie! i wanna try that too... i've read that warm honey with lemon helps soothe the throat... will go get fresh lemons!

ysyishan

Try to cut down on Milo, especially at night as the heatiness would be even worse.
You can try Strepsils extra strong. This is what i always eat when I feel that sore throat is coming. Your throat will feel much better after eating it. But for severe sore throat, it doesn't work. Need to get a stronger lozenges from the doctor or by prescription.

verieying

yea Julia and Snowgal... I really hate being sick, anytime! and now, even worse! Snowgal u r right, 无药可救! =(

thanks Tannie! i wanna try that too... i've read that warm honey with lemon helps soothe the throat... will go get fresh lemons!
felicity, salt water gArgle a few times a day isgood! plus eat manuka honey w UMF grading ;)