Fenugreek from GNC 610mg/capsule

isabelandrew

mummies,

actually how much should i take for it to take effect to increase my breast milk?

I bought mine from GNC and it says 2 capsules daily 610mg *2. But I read KellyMOMS website, the dosage should be >3000mg.

Who is taking GNC fenugreek, can share with me how much you guys are taking? how fast can i see the result of increased BM?

chiro

i just bought 1 bottle last sunday. Was advised by the lady to take 1 tablet each time and increase to 2 tablets each time after a week if there is not much increase. I started by taking 2 capsules immediately. The milk supply will increase after 2 days. Feedin time have dropped from 1.5 hours to 1 hour there about. I not sure whether this is due to the 3 months jab which he took yesterday.by the way, how heavy is your baby now ? When is your baby born? Mine born on 1 feb and is 5.3kg now, born at 3.74kg
mummies,

actually how much should i take for it to take effect to increase my breast milk?

I bought mine from GNC and it says 2 capsules daily 610mg *2. But I read KellyMOMS website, the dosage should be >3000mg.

Who is taking GNC fenugreek, can share with me how much you guys are taking? how fast can i see the result of increased BM?

ochklk

i just bought 1 bottle last sunday. Was advised by the lady to take 1 tablet each time and increase to 2 tablets each time after a week if there is not much increase. I started by taking 2 capsules immediately. The milk supply will increase after 2 days. Feedin time have dropped from 1.5 hours to 1 hour there about. I not sure whether this is due to the 3 months jab which he took yesterday.by the way, how heavy is your baby now ? When is your baby born? Mine born on 1 feb and is 5.3kg now, born at 3.74kg
Mine bought from Pharmacy, recommend by my Gynae to take 2 capsule to have more BM, 1 or 2 days can see result lor, it did increase but not much too maybe 50ml or less, if nv eat only 10ml or 20ml...Haiz, Boh Bian, stop BF after my boy boy 1 mth, now he take NAN 1, my boy boy born 24 Feb, 2wks ago, weight is 5.984kg liao, height is 61.5cm. Born at 3.8kg.

chiro

wa, your boy very big baby! Hehe
Mine bought from Pharmacy, recommend by my Gynae to take 2 capsule to have more BM, 1 or 2 days can see result lor, it did increase but not much too maybe 50ml or less, if nv eat only 10ml or 20ml...Haiz, Boh Bian, stop BF after my boy boy 1 mth, now he take NAN 1, my boy boy born 24 Feb, 2wks ago, weight is 5.984kg liao, height is 61.5cm. Born at 3.8kg.

Phoebii Cheng

I took fenugreek from GNC too, tht time the KKH lactation nurse told me to take 3 times = 9 capsules per day to increase BM......that is the max u can take per day. After ur BM has increased, Im told to decrease my intake of fenugreek to may abt 3 caps per day to maintain it......hope this helps :tlaugh:

Spiralng

I have been taking fenugreek for almost 3weeks. Every morning i take 2 capsule so one day only 2capsule. I notice the milk do increase however, those who have low blood pressure have to refrain from taking it cos this supplement will lower the blood pressure.

chiro

did you experience a strong stench in urine?noticed that the stench not that strong when i switch to gnc, was using another brand carried by guardian pharmacy, it comes in a green cap.
I have been taking fenugreek for almost 3weeks. Every morning i take 2 capsule so one day only 2capsule. I notice the milk do increase however, those who have low blood pressure have to refrain from taking it cos this supplement will lower the blood pressure.

chiro

i put on 12kg and lost them in less than 2 weeks after delivery. I big size also :) my baby look very rugged. I always got scolded by dh not to handle ds so roughly as he was a few weeks old. He does not look like 1 month baby back then. Now at 3 months, he is very active, yesterday at pd make me so malu, one little girl was crying after a jab and was entering an empty consultation room, carried by her mum. My ds make noise like 'herhh herhh' as the girl and mummy walked past us. He like saying 'you cry for what?! So noisy!'
Dun noe whether is it same like me... me abit overweight, but only put on 8kg thru out my pregnancy... wahaha... From yr picture I find our boy look quite alike leh...

Spiralng

did you experience a strong stench in urine?noticed that the stench not that strong when i switch to gnc, was using another brand carried by guardian pharmacy, it comes in a green cap.
Yep, there is a stench in urine:nah:. Fenugreek seeds is said to have a kind of maple favour. It is used to make candy, curry and other things. Therefore, all of us who consume this supplement, smell like maple...ha ha ha no need perfume liao.....:001_302: I didn't know Guardian pharmacy is selling, I bought the one in GNC. But recently, I feel a bit faint that is why i went to the internet to find out more about this supplement.

Spiralng

i put on 12kg and lost them in less than 2 weeks after delivery. I big size also :) my baby look very rugged. I always got scolded by dh not to handle ds so roughly as he was a few weeks old. He does not look like 1 month baby back then. Now at 3 months, he is very active, yesterday at pd make me so malu, one little girl was crying after a jab and was entering an empty consultation room, carried by her mum. My ds make noise like 'herhh herhh' as the girl and mummy walked past us. He like saying 'you cry for what?! So noisy!'
Aiyo baby so CUTE and smart....guess your weight loss must be becos you must supply loads of milk to your baby:Dancing_wub:

chiro

that explainsuie smell :) no wonder la:) hehe
Yep, there is a stench in urine:nah:. Fenugreek seeds is said to have a kind of maple favour. It is used to make candy, curry and other things. Therefore, all of us who consume this supplement, smell like maple...ha ha ha no need perfume liao.....:001_302: I didn't know Guardian pharmacy is selling, I bought the one in GNC. But recently, I feel a bit faint that is why i went to the internet to find out more about this supplement.

isabelandrew

so i can try to take 2 capsule in the morning and maybe another 2 in the afternoon until supply is up. then drop it back to 2. else i will smell like maple syrup or develop low blood pressure right? haha

chiro

think so, suggest you take 1 capsule, 3 times a day and after a week adjust to 2 capsules in the morning or you can check with gnc lady.most important of all,fenugreek is not suitable for diabetics.
so i can try to take 2 capsule in the morning and maybe another 2 in the afternoon until supply is up. then drop it back to 2. else i will smell like maple syrup or develop low blood pressure right? haha

chiro

hehe:) but still cannot match his appetite until now hehe. Maybe its because he very active, he cannot wear pants that cover his feet, esp if the pants are bigsize, can be pulled near to his chest. He can kick until the elastic band go down to bikini area haha!
Aiyo baby so CUTE and smart....guess your weight loss must be becos you must supply loads of milk to your baby:Dancing_wub:

Spiralng

Ehhh....if you take the capsule, you will smell like maple syrup and your blood pressure will drop....:001_302: so take it when someone pissed u off or when u received your bills....:tlaugh:

Spiralng

hehe:) but still cannot match his appetite until now hehe. Maybe its because he very active, he cannot wear pants that cover his feet, esp if the pants are bigsize, can be pulled near to his chest. He can kick until the elastic band go down to bikini area haha!
:shyxxx:..........sexy, so young already hv designer mind "how to wear BIG PANTS in different ways"

chiro

Haha! That is a good one! Come to think of it, thinknow i more relax than before, must be the fenugreek haha
Ehhh....if you take the capsule, you will smell like maple syrup and your blood pressure will drop....:001_302: so take it when someone pissed u off or when u received your bills....:tlaugh: