Fenugreek?

stonston

really?? dont scare me, i got asthma!! anw, i just went for checkup at gynae's clinic this morning, she prescribe me a medi which can increase breast milk but the side effect is nausea... hopefully i can overcome the nausea and more breast milk to come PLS...:001_302:
I personally have severe asthma for many years. No issue with asthma when I took Fenugreek. In fact, thinking back, I have not had any attacks while I was on fenugreek.

As with all herbs/supplements. There are bound to be ppl who are ALLERGIC. & their reactions can vary from mild rashes to asthma attacks.

You can try small amounts first & observe. For me I tried the natural seeds brewed in water first, no problem then I start to increase gradually.

Regina, not everyone responses to the medication. My gynae said that some of his patients did not respond to the medication at all.

isabelandrew

ya. i agree with stonston. herbal supplement apply to every individual differently. some documentation says it cannot help to increase BF. so, up to u, u know your body best :)

btw, stonston, i think the extract helps . my breasts gets heavy after 2 dose. so happy :) not sure if this is mentally or not. but the taste beri not nice :p

stonston

The taste is definitely not nice, but if it gives our baby more milk, it's definitely worth it!
The increase is gradual, do try to latch/pump frequently also as it'll help to increase BM even more!

isabelandrew

ya. pumping and latching more helps.

sometimes i stretch till 6hrs to pump. office nursing room full la, meeting la, travelling home la.

ping26

My god, I feel dumb.

I followed instructions & took only 2 pills per day. Max amt was 60 ml.

Nothing worked for me. I started taking milk to boost supply, despite being lactose-intolerant. Just switched to soy powder cos of gas & cramps.

BTW anyone know of milk for lactose-intolerant mums?

thanks,
Liew Ping

stonston

For lactose-intolerant ppl, usually you are recommended to either take soy milk or goat's milk. Another alternative is yogurt :)

stonston

isabelandrew

My god, I feel dumb.

I followed instructions & took only 2 pills per day. Max amt was 60 ml.

Nothing worked for me. I started taking milk to boost supply, despite being lactose-intolerant. Just switched to soy powder cos of gas & cramps.

BTW anyone know of milk for lactose-intolerant mums?

thanks,
Liew Ping
hi liew ping,

im also lactose-intolerant :(
also remove my gall bladder after confinement, fatty food cannot eat, else lau sah big time.

im trying magonlia choc milk slowly, one packet per couple of days. i just bouht cheese to try out.

soy bean milk - i cant digest :(

Spiralng

From what I know fenugreek is to increase the breast milk. Can we take together with the multi vitamins and the DHA fish oil as well?

issit too much ?
It's best to take the multi vit and other supplements 2 hours after u take fenugreek cos after taking fenugreek, it prevent your body from absorbing other supplements.

stonston

Actually even for multivits & fish oil, I take at seperate meals cos taking them together will also decrease absorption.

ping26

hi liew ping,

im also lactose-intolerant :(
also remove my gall bladder after confinement, fatty food cannot eat, else lau sah big time.

im trying magonlia choc milk slowly, one packet per couple of days. i just bouht cheese to try out.

soy bean milk - i cant digest :(
I'm so sick of cheese after 2 mth. i bought different brands of soy milk. Only 1 brand seems to be safe. Even expensive organic ones can cause discomfort. I think u have to buy a few brands, unless u also can't eat all soy products like toufu.

Why is there milk for lactose-intolerant babies, not mummies?:nah:

will try goat's milk when my new organic black bean pwd runs low. very ex... thks, stonston.

isabelandrew

I'm so sick of cheese after 2 month. i bought different brands of soy milk. Only 1 brand seems to be safe. Even expensive organic ones can cause discomfort. I think you have to buy a few brands, unless you also can't eat all soy products like toufu.

Why is there milk for lactose-intolerant babies, not mummies?:nah:

will try goat's milk when my new organic black bean pwd runs low. very ex... thks, stonston.
I thought that lactose-intolerant is passed fm mummies to babies, like inherit. I'm not sure if my bb is cos BM protects her against it. hee

JazN

can i check where are the products produced from? I'm particular about the country of origin. THks!

I just ordered a new batch of fenugreek & Organic Mother's Milk tea for my friends. Shipment just arrived at my house. I have only a few bottles & boxes extra, so it'll be first come first serve.

Traditional Medicinals Organic Mother's Milk Tea: I'm selling at $7.50 (my cost, excludes local postage charges) - Expiry should be around April 2011
Traditional Medicinals, Organic Mother's Milk, Caffeine Free Herbal Tea, 16 Wrapped Tea Bags - iHerb.com
100% Fenugreek extract: I'm selling at $14 (my cost, excludes local postage charges) - There is no expiry date for this, but it is alcohol extract (not suitable for Muslim mummies)
Herb Pharm, Fenugreek, 1 fl oz (29.6 ml) - iHerb.com

Pls EMAIL ME if keen (my PM box very fast full!)

You can get from me or gather your own orders and purchase on your own from iHerb. Use YAF688 for US$5 discount off your first purchase. Shipping is quite reasonable and they ship direct to SG using DHL, no need vPost/BDL/CGW :)

If you dont have credit card but want to place order directly sent to your house, I can help you :)

I also buy toothpaste, creams, shampoo, vitamins for my son from iHerb :) Cheaper than SG & more convenient :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiralng

how long after taking fenugreek can i feed my baby?
Hmm....sometimes i feed my baby immediately after taking fenugreek cos my baby choose to wake up for a feed just after i take fenugreek.

But if u r worry that it will affect your baby, best take fernugreek after u feed your baby. That way, by the time the next feed come, the effects of the fernugreek won't be tat strong.

stonston

can i check where are the products produced from? I'm particular about the country of origin. THks!
It's all from USA. you can go to the website to check it out yourself or make the purchase direct if you are suspicious of the source of origin. :)

dcs_81

I gave birth to my boy on 10th july .. from the day onwards he is semi on formula and breastmilk .. coz I produce only 50ml every 3 hrs :Dancing_sad:.. but my boy drinks abt 90- 100 ml .. so everytime I have to supplement him with FM also ..
I am giving him Friso gold 1 , for past few days he is having constipation everytime he drink formula .. Any recommendation on different brand? His milk tin is going to finish so thought of trying a different brand .. Does shops sell samples of milk powder rather i try the whole tin? :swoon:
Does fenugreek extract helps to expel wind and cause loose stools?
After taking fenugreek extract, how fast were u able to establish a good quantity and stop FM ? How much quantity has it increased for you ?
Sorry for so many questions .. Quite blur blur now .. :bconfused:
Stonston I have PMed you :Dancing_wub: