Fenugreek?

apollo

any mummies here took fenugreek to enhance breastmilk??
is it really that great, really will have more milk after taking the pills?
is the funegreek consider as medication or supplyment??
any side effect??
how long do you take to see the effect??
have to continue taking for how long then can stop or eat throughout the BF-ing journey?
where to get the pills? from gynae or outside??

Sry for asking so much as my breast milk is patheticly LITTLE!!! And I can't bear to totally stop giving my son breast milk.. have tried pumping regularly, drink more soup etc... but the milk supply ust keep decreasing!!! i've got inverted nipple so most of the time very diffi to latch on my impatient dear son...

Last edited:

chiro

fernugeek does increase milk supply.. I was takin it on and off..

Side effects is it produces a funny stench in urine when i bot it in guardianpharmacy, ithas got a green bottle cap. After tat ichanged to gnc.. Not bad... Doctors will advice u to express regularly, dun bother abt the qty.. My company doc refuse to prescribe me medicine..

Wat brand of breastpump u usin? Think medela haf nipple shieldfor inverted niples
any mummies here took fenugreek to enhance breastmilk??
is it really that great, really will have more milk after taking the pills?
is the funegreek consider as medication or supplyment??
any side effect??
how long do you take to see the effect??
have to continue taking for how long then can stop or eat throughout the BF-ing journey?
where to get the pills? from gynae or outside??

Sry for asking so much as my breast milk is patheticly LITTLE!!! And I can't bear to totally stop giving my son breast milk.. have tried pumping regularly, drink more soup etc... but the milk supply ust keep decreasing!!! i've got inverted nipple so most of the time very diffi to latch on my impatient dear son...

stonston

Fenugreek is a herb. Malays & Indians commonly use it in their cooking (tt's probably why we seldom hear them having milk supply issues!).

There are a few ways to take fenugreek.
1. The fenugreek seed itself. Go to those Indian spice shops to buy. Cook with water or your soup & drink.
2. Fenugreek pills. Most convenient, some brands are more effective than others. I find Nature's Way more effective than GNC.
3. Fenugreek extract. This is potent! I tried it & a few drops a day was more than enough to cause engorgement until I can't take the pain.
4. Tea. I used to drink Organic Mother's Milk tea. It's a blend of herbs for breastfeeding mothers to increas BM. Best part is it is organic & natural, no need to worry that you are taking anything harmful :)

yungkimmy

Hi Stonston,

where i can find this fenugreek exract??
want to try it ler ...
:)

Fenugreek is a herb. Malays & Indians commonly use it in their cooking (that's probably why we seldom hear them having milk supply issues!).

There are a few ways to take fenugreek.
1. The fenugreek seed itself. Go to those Indian spice shops to buy. Cook with water or your soup & drink.
2. Fenugreek pills. Most convenient, some brands are more effective than others. I find Nature's Way more effective than GNC.
3. Fenugreek extract. This is potent! I tried it & a few drops a day was more than enough to cause engorgement until I can't take the pain.
4. Tea. I used to drink Organic Mother's Milk tea. It's a blend of herbs for breastfeeding mothers to increas breast milk. Best part is it is organic & natural, no need to worry that you are taking anything harmful :)

Last edited:

apollo

ya i'm also interested in the fenugreek extract.. and stonston mummy, where u bought the organic mother's milk tea??

GNC sells it too?? i'm thinking if i should buy from GNC or those normal pharmacy... which is better??? how many capsules to take per day??

btw, i gave birth ard 6week ago, now take fenugreek not late??

apollo

fernugeek does increase milk supply.. I was takin it on and off..

Side effects is it produces a funny stench in urine when i bot it in guardianpharmacy, ithas got a green bottle cap. After that ichanged to gnc.. Not bad... Doctors will advice you to express regularly, dont bother about the qty.. My company doc refuse to prescribe me medicine..

what brand of breastpump you usin? Think medela have nipple shieldfor inverted niples
GNC ones is original one or got added other stuffs?? i'm using medela mini eletric.. i have nipple shield but like what i said, when ds is hungry, he cant wait for even a min... as i need to use pump to pump for a few min for the nipple to 'come out' :001_302:

SharonTan

GNC ones is original one or got added other stuffs?? i'm using medela mini eletric.. i have nipple shield but like what i said, when dear son is hungry, he cant wait for even a min... as i need to use pump to pump for a few min for the nipple to 'come out' :001_302:
how about rubbing ur nipple urself... erect le.. can feed le? mine will pop back in when pressed..... tried rubbing it den it stands up.... den oki to latch...

*whispers* sometimes get DH to suck it out for me~~~:001_302:

apollo

how about rubbing your nipple yourself... erect .. can feed ? mine will pop back in when pressed..... tried rubbing it then it stands up.... then oki to latch...

*whispers* sometimes get dear husband to suck it out for me~~~:001_302:
i tried rubbing but by the time i carried ds up to my nipple, it 'hide' in again!!!! *faint*

there was once i successfully latch him on but aft 30min of latch on, he still wants milK! still can finish up 120ml FM! So i wonder izzit my BM really very lil =(

ahpei

i'm on fenugreek..

i latched my on for the first 3 months after he was born, and i didn't expressed my breastmilk at all. then on the 4th month, i need to get him prepared with bottles, as i need to return to work, so i expressed my milk. Then only i realised my EBM was not enough to meet him demand..

then i tried fenugreek. i started with 2 pillls per day (one in the morning, one in the evening). then i could see my supply increased... where i could get abt 120mls in every 3 hours, instead of about 150 in every 5 hours...

but when i returned to work, my supply dropped, and found for the internet that we can take more to boost supply... so i have increased my pills intake to up to abt 6 per day, and i can maintain about only 550ml per day.. (which is still not enough to meet DS's day time demand!!)

stonston, please share with us where to get fenugreek extract and mother's milk..... thanks!

CJmom

reginakoh & yummyking
I'm taking fenugreek too. I find the liquid one is easier to take so don't have to swallow pills. Just few drops into any drink or just direct. So far supply is good that at times it gets engorged and I keep feeding my boy till he totally full cos already got 10 extra packs of milk in the freezer.

If you're interested I have brand New bottle for sale.

Brand: Motherlove
Price: S$35.95 (self-collect at Sengkang)
Please PM me if interested.

apollo

i'm on fenugreek..

i latched my on for the first 3 months after he was born, and i didn't expressed my breastmilk at all. then on the 4th month, i need to get him prepared with bottles, as i need to return to work, so i expressed my milk. Then only i realised my EBM was not enough to meet him demand..

then i tried fenugreek. i started with 2 pillls per day (one in the morning, one in the evening). then i could see my supply increased... where i could get about 120mls in every 3 hours, instead of about 150 in every 5 hours...

but when i returned to work, my supply dropped, and found for the internet that we can take more to boost supply... so i have increased my pills intake to up to about 6 per day, and i can maintain about only 550ml per day.. (which is still not enough to meet dear son's day time demand!!)

stonston, please share with us where to get fenugreek extract and mother's milk..... thanks!
i even worse! i used to only pump out the most 200ml... then drop to 100 and the pass 2 days dear son was in hospital, didn't pump for 1 day nia it drop to 20ml!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm now very desperate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my mum asked to to stop pmumping cos i can only give him so lil of BM but i just can't bear to stop... =(

apollo

reginakoh & yummyking
I'm taking fenugreek too. I find the liquid one is easier to take so dont't have to swallow pills. Just few drops into any drink or just direct. So far supply is good that at times it gets engorged and I keep feeding my boy till he totally full cos already got 10 extra packs of milk in the freezer.

If you're interested I have brand New bottle for sale.

Brand: Motherlove
Price: S$35.95 (self-collect at Sengkang)
Please PM me if interested.
wow 10pack extra! so good!!!

CJmom

wow 10pack extra! so good!!!
Last time I was kinda "stingy" saving every drop of my bm. Now I just let it leak until time to feed my boy. Actually I can express the milk but really don't know how to cope if I continue to put the extras in my freezer. To manage this, what I did was to secretly add some of the extra bm into my elderboy's formula milk. Cannot add too much as he can taste the difference. So each time put 100ml only.

Satellite

I am also interested to know where to get fenugreek extract. Right now I take fenugreek tablets from GNC (2 tablets a day, morning and afternoon) and when I express, only get about 50ml-60ml. Sometimes even less than that so something more potent would be good!

stonston

I just ordered a new batch of fenugreek & Organic Mother's Milk tea for my friends. Shipment just arrived at my house. I have only a few bottles & boxes extra, so it'll be first come first serve.

Traditional Medicinals Organic Mother's Milk Tea: I'm selling at $7.50 (my cost, excludes local postage charges) - Expiry should be around April 2011
Traditional Medicinals, Organic Mother's Milk, Caffeine Free Herbal Tea, 16 Wrapped Tea Bags - iHerb.com
100% Fenugreek extract: I'm selling at $14 (my cost, excludes local postage charges) - There is no expiry date for this, but it is alcohol extract (not suitable for Muslim mummies)
Herb Pharm, Fenugreek, 1 fl oz (29.6 ml) - iHerb.com

Pls EMAIL ME

You can get from me or gather your own orders and purchase on your own from iHerb. Use YAF688 for US$5 discount off your first purchase. Shipping is quite reasonable and they ship direct to SG using DHL, no need vPost/BDL/CGW :)

If you dont have credit card but want to place order directly sent to your house, I can help you :)

I also buy toothpaste, creams, shampoo, vitamins for my son from iHerb :) Cheaper than SG & more convenient :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ahpei

I just ordered a new batch of fenugreek & Organic Mother's Milk tea for my friends. Shipment just arrived at my house. I have only a few bottles & boxes extra, so it'll be first come first serve.

Traditional Medicinals Organic Mother's Milk Tea: I'm selling at $7.50 (my cost, excludes local postage charges) - Expiry should be around April 2011
Traditional Medicinals, Organic Mother's Milk, Caffeine Free Herbal Tea, 16 Wrapped Tea Bags - iHerb.com
100% Fenugreek extract: I'm selling at $14 (my cost, excludes local postage charges) - There is no expiry date for this, but it is alcohol extract (not suitable for Muslim mummies)
Herb Pharm, Fenugreek, 1 fl oz (29.6 ml) - iHerb.com

You can get from me or gather your own orders and purchase on your own from iHerb. Use YAF688 for US$5 discount off your first purchase. Shipping is quite reasonable and they ship direct to SG using DHL, no need vPost/BDL/CGW :)

If you dont have credit card but want to place order directly sent to your house, I can help you :)

I also buy toothpaste, creams, shampoo, vitamins for my son from iHerb :) Cheaper than SG & more convenient :)
Hi, Stonston,

I wish to place order. i pm you.

apollo

Last time I was kinda "stingy" saving every drop of my breast milk. Now I just let it leak until time to feed my boy. Actually I can express the milk but really dont't know how to cope if I continue to put the extras in my freezer. To manage this, what I did was to secretly add some of the extra breast milk into my elderboy's formula milk. Cannot add too much as he can taste the difference. So each time put 100ml only.
ya breast milk is VERY precious!!! whenever my ds cant finish, even left only 10ml, i also feel very very heartache leh!! so do u think those capsules helps?? cos i \;m thinking of taking capsule to try 1st... more convenient hehe

apollo

i'm on fenugreek..

then i tried fenugreek. i started with 2 pillls per day (one in the morning, one in the evening). then i could see my supply increased... where i could get about 120mls in every 3 hours, instead of about 150 in every 5 hours...

but when i returned to work, my supply dropped, and found for the internet that we can take more to boost supply... so i have increased my pills intake to up to about 6 per day, and i can maintain about only 550ml per day.. (which is still not enough to meet dear son's day time demand!!)

where did u get ur fenugreek from?? GNC or pharmacy?? i'm looking for those 'original' ones which means, no added other things inside...

can anyone show me the pic of how the packaging looks like and where u get from?? thanks in advance :001_302:

ahpei

where did you get your fenugreek from?? GNC or pharmacy?? i'm looking for those 'original' ones which means, no added other things inside...

can anyone show me the pic of how the packaging looks like and where you get from?? thanks in advance :001_302:
Hi, regina,

I bought from GNC, think now got sales, where if 2nd bottle half price... can see the pic from their website : GNC ~ Helping You Live Your Best Life - A-I

hope it helps...

apollo

i'm nw having cough and sore throat, under medication, so can i take the fenugreek or have to wait until i finish the medication??