Fenugreek?

sheeroxen

hi

try to massage your breasts first. Pump every 3 hourly should be ok. At first there will be less milk, then after 1 or 2 weeks milk will increase.

I wanted to stop BF after my first month, my milk supply dropped gradually when I pump less frequently to slowly cut down the milk supply. After 2 weeks my milk supply was almost left 5ml only! I read around and found out actually BM is very very good, so I t took green life fenugreek and my milk supply gradually increased. (",) Now I no longer need the fenugreek.

By the way, I still have a bottle, only consumed 2 tablets. Anyone interested, do let me know

stonston

how freq should i pump?would every 2 hours help? And should I also wake up in the nite to do it too? and how to stimulate my nipples to get letdown reflex. Do advise...Thanks so much
I used to latch followed by pump every 2 hours. I have 2 sets of the pump funnel so that I do not need to keep washing & sterilising. I only wash & sterilise after 2 sets are used.

Stimulate your nipples will be like pulling them gently in a motion similar to baby's sucking. Or you can ask hb to help you with it :p

I'm not sure what pump you use but I used Avent Duo. I could adjust the pump rhythm till quite fast & it helps to stimulate letdown. Once there's letdown, you'll actually see the milk SPRAYING out without much effort. My friends who borrowed my set also had good experiences with it & managed to get very good supplies (but they all stopped after ML cos they dun wanna pump at work).

Amulet

how freq should i pump?would every 2 hours help? And should I also wake up in the nite to do it too? and how to stimulate my nipples to get letdown reflex. Do advise...Thanks so much
maybe u can try, one side pump, thn the other side, u place ur palm on ur nipple, thn gently goes round and round while closing ur eyes to think or baby or imagine baby sucking.. should work..

Shirix

Hi all,

I have recently started to take fenugreek from GNC. I eat 1 tablets 2 times daily so this means 2 tablets of about 610mg each tablet.
How many tablets can we eat in total in a day??
From this website, some pple are taking up to 6 tablets of about 610mg each tablet daily. What are the side effect if we eat too much??

And how can i increase my milk production when my baby only want one side of the breast each time. He does not like me to change side. And he want feeding every 2hrs and he reject bottles..
How should i pump??

isabelandrew

Hi all,

I have recently started to take fenugreek from GNC. I eat 1 tablets 2 times daily so this means 2 tablets of about 610mg each tablet.
How many tablets can we eat in total in a day??
From this website, some pple are taking up to 6 tablets of about 610mg each tablet daily. What are the side effect if we eat too much??

And how can i increase my milk production when my baby only want one side of the breast each time. He does not like me to change side. And he want feeding every 2hrs and he reject bottles..
How should i pump??
辛苦你了 !! - 2 hrs ??!!!

Im taking GNC. The bottle says 2 tablets. Well I am taking more than that. I take 3 capsules twice a day. So far, no side effects. :)

PinkDiamonds

I started taking Green Life fenugreek last week but until now I still don't notice any improvement. I pump after every feeding but it still seems that my girl is not satisfied.

What's more, i think because my milk start to flow slowly she will reject and want to unlatch. yet that is the most creamy part of the milk that she needs. there is only so much i can do to force her latch on as she will struggle to unlatch.

It seems that the only time she is satisfied with only my breastmilk in during her first feed in the morning, as she now sleeps 12hours straight at night. I also assume that because the hours are longer i got more milk stored.

could this be the issue? should i also wake up in the middle of the night to pump?

Shirix

I just ordered a new batch of fenugreek & Organic Mother's Milk tea for my friends. Shipment just arrived at my house. I have only a few bottles & boxes extra, so it'll be first come first serve.

Traditional Medicinals Organic Mother's Milk Tea: I'm selling at $7.50 (my cost, excludes local postage charges) - Expiry should be around April 2011
Traditional Medicinals, Organic Mother's Milk, Caffeine Free Herbal Tea, 16 Wrapped Tea Bags - iHerb.com
100% Fenugreek extract: I'm selling at $14 (my cost, excludes local postage charges) - There is no expiry date for this, but it is alcohol extract (not suitable for Muslim mummies)
Herb Pharm, Fenugreek, 1 fl oz (29.6 ml) - iHerb.com

Pls EMAIL ME (my PM box very fast full!)

You can get from me or gather your own orders and purchase on your own from iHerb. Use YAF688 for US$5 discount off your first purchase. Shipping is quite reasonable and they ship direct to SG using DHL, no need vPost/BDL/CGW :)

If you dont have credit card but want to place order directly sent to your house, I can help you :)

I also buy toothpaste, creams, shampoo, vitamins for my son from iHerb :) Cheaper than SG & more convenient :)
Hi Ston Ston, are you still ordering?? I want to try the Traditional Medicinals Organic Mother's Milk Tea....

Last edited by a moderator:

dcs_81

I am taking fenugreek extract for 2 weeks + ..
Previously I had to supplement with FM for my dear son atleast 5-6 times in a day ..but now my BM supply went up .. I supplement him only 1-2 times a days ..rest of the time only breastfeeding ..
But I find the difference in my supply only after 3 days .. and its really worth it ..

stonston

I am taking fenugreek extract for 2 weeks + ..
Previously I had to supplement with FM for my dear son atleast 5-6 times in a day ..but now my breast milk supply went up .. I supplement him only 1-2 times a days ..rest of the time only breastfeeding ..
But I find the difference in my supply only after 3 days .. and its really worth it ..
CONGRATULATIONS! Continue to pump/latch often & soon it'll be 100% BF :)

mGurl

I remember reading the answer somewhere but I cannot find it now.. the fenugreek extract has alcohol content mentioned. Is this safe for breastfeeding? No side effects for the baby?

i am so stressed... my boy is now 19 days old... and i have been giving him BM all the way.. but recently my supply dropped as i stopped latching him on... i dun have enough for him... i am so reluctant to give him FM.. how??

i tried to latch him on.. but seems like he dun get enough... he can latch on for 1 hours for both breast but after 30mins,... he cries for milk again.. then when i give him my breast he just suckle a while n fall asleep... no matter how i wake him .. he won;t take it.. so i put him down on his bed to sleep... but he woke up immediately n wants my breast again.. the cycle goes on for hours... then i gave him my last reserve bottle of milk and he still not enough.. omg...

previously when i pump out.. i gave him 90-110ml per feed and he can sleep for 3 hours b4 waking up for next feed.. but today i tried to latch him on and the pattern goes haywire... help help help... i dunno wati should do...

=(

PinkDiamonds

i am so stressed... my boy is now 19 days old... and i have been giving him breast milk all the way.. but recently my supply dropped as i stopped latching him on... i dont have enough for him... i am so reluctant to give him FM.. how??

i tried to latch him on.. but seems like he dont get enough... he can latch on for 1 hours for both breast but after 30mins,... he cries for milk again.. then when i give him my breast he just suckle a while and fall asleep... no matter how i wake him .. he won;t take it.. so i put him down on his bed to sleep... but he woke up immediately and wants my breast again.. the cycle goes on for hours... then i gave him my last reserve bottle of milk and he still not enough.. omg...

previously when i pump out.. i gave him 90-110ml per feed and he can sleep for 3 hours before waking up for next feed.. but today i tried to latch him on and the pattern goes haywire... help help help... i dont know wati should do...

=(
If you are sure your supply is running low, the only thing is to constantly allow your son to latch up, even if you have just fed him an hour ago. If he fell asleep but didn't finish the milk, maybe you want to pump out? Empty breasts will produce milk faster.

You might also need to make sure that he is not using you as pacifier and that he is really hungry.

My girl used to latch on me until she fall asleep, especially in the evenings (colic takes place). Initially I thought it was my milk supply, but it's just her wanting to use me as pacifier. So we bought her a pacifier and she was fine.

BUT if you are sure it's a milk supply problem, just have to keep latching on! For the whole of 1 month I was literally being a cow.

Sadly, I am also facing low milk supply problems now. But am not giving up even till the last drop of milk I have!

Also, try not to be so stressed and get a lot of rest. Ur body produce milk when u r resting

M&M

stonston, i would like to try the fenugreek extract. are you still ordering?
how many drops to take? cos from the link you posted, it mention 30+ to 40+ drops right? that's a lot wor... will it affect the bb cos there is alcohol content?:shyxxx:

Hi Stonston,

Can the fenugeek extract take wif the pills? I also need to order. My BM seems to be less lately my bb nw 2mths seems to be waking up very often in the nite making me lack of sleep and even day time he latch on it seems like no flow so got to feed him formula.

When will you be ordering and wads the procedure of payment and delivery. You can email to me at elainesoh07@yahoo.com.

stonston

I should be placing another order on Monday. Email me your orders if you are keen

vivikool

I should be placing another order on Monday. Email me your orders if you are keen
I am keen to order, but dunno whether is one bottle enuff since gotta take 30-40 drops per drink and 3 drinks a day!!

stonston

hi stonston, have sent you my orders by email.
Noted. I will be confirming my orders tomorrow. Expected to arrive 1 week later (might have delay as US side having long weekend).

Anyone else needs anything else? Got organic shampoo/body wash, children's toothpaste, adult's organic products, children/adult vitamins, etc.