Fierce manager in SG restaurant..

Feliz

(Copied from e author)

This incident happens in a Local Swimming Club at Tanjong Rhu, The in-house Chinese Restaurant at its 2nd Floor is run by this lady mananger from China. (As given by Raymond, the assistant manager, her name is Sammi and she is the manager there and fully in charged)

Their buffet dinner is priced at $28 / pax , our company booked 29 pax for our annual dinner.

First their manager (over the phone) insisted that we must order our food in the afternoon because they were "fully booked" and for not doing so, we cannot blame them if they are slow in serving or if they "run out of food".

Obviously, my colleague who made the booking did not know what to order as majority of our colleagues were not in the office.

Reluctantly, she made some order. She was told that we must order at least 3 vegetable dish or "dont blame them if they run out of vegetable" if we do not place the order early. (I suppose vegetable dishes are cheaper in cost).

When we arrived, only 25 of us made it, we were told to pay for 29 pax since we booked for it. After some bargaining, it was settled for payment charge by head count.

We were being sqeezed into 2 tables instead of 3, she claimed that we do not have enough people to occupy 3 tables.

After some struggling as the tables were really cramp, we protested. eventually they agreed to let us have one more table after some unpleasant exchange of remarks and finger pointing (The restaurant manager did most of it and shouted at my colleagues).

I had to fill my hunger with the 3balanced dishes served when i arrived late and when we went over to the newly set up table we placed some orders but it takes long time to be served, some dishes didnt make it either out of stock or the order just vanished.

The table was empty (without food) for at least 20 minutes and i called the assistant manager to remind him of our orders, this was my first experience with buffet dinner where the table is totally empty for such a long time.

We were told that they run out of fish and two small plates of prawns which were ordered were finally served.

My first experience again, for buffet dinner which ends up feeling hungry. I had a packet of instant noodle when i reach home.

They didnt even bother to ask for last order which most if not all restaurant do.

Then came the last straw where the pushing incident which were recorded for your viewing pleasure.

Oh, the manager claimed that we wasted food , it was her excuse for causing such a ruckus.

Her claims were unfounded, how i wish there were an in- house camera that had taken all the events throughout. If the restaurant have one, i will be most happy if they can put it up here for everyone to see how they accuse us of wasting food.

One point to note is that the restaurant was about half empty at any point of time throughout our patronage, those members and guests happens to be there can verify that.

She claimed that we pointed finger at her, can see in the video clips she has been pointing her fingers whiles talking ? Can you trust her statement ?

Is this kind of service attitude we deserve ?

Can we allow this foreigner to tarnish the reputation of Singapore while we are striving for a country with excellence in the service industry. ?

I hope the owner of the restaurant make a thorough
investigation and get to the bottom of this.

EnFlor

wow emotions running high. Both parties should step out separately and take a deep breath of fresh air to clear their tumultous mind.

Lesson learnt : Just go to a normal restrnt (so many of them), i am sure the price will be just as reasonable and food is just as 'delish'...but service will not suck BIG TIME as this restrnt featured in the UTUBE.

chiro

i cannot access the video on my mobile phone lei, got an error message saying that the video is malformed id

cookiez

hmm... but what happened before that video was taken? that man wanted to attack her some more... *gulp* some info/ details are missing....

Feliz

hmm... but what happened before that video was taken? that man wanted to attack her some more... *gulp* some info/ details are missing....

as far as i knw, e food that e cust ordered wasnt out as e manager say their food on e table nt finish yet so she don wan to out e food and say e cust waste food..

but in e first e cust is paying for e food, so if any wastage also they are paying for it.. don understand why e manager so angry about it..

(anyway im not e cust ah..) :001_302:

Ting

honestly speaking, i dun like ppl from that "country".
only a few that i know of r nice...
recently also hv a prob..
went to this china restaurant at my hse there, we ordered 5 dishes.
3 of wish came out in 5 mins.
the other 2 was a fish n a soup..
i tot normally soup shld be the first dish out right??
nvm..
after 45 mins, still haven come, we asked them 2 times also nvr come.
then my sis getting HOT alr, she told the waiter n waitress that we do not want the fish alr, but they INSISTED it is cooking alr.. then my sis say U DUN UNDERSTAND WHAT IS I DUN WAN? then tt toopid china waitress try to pick a fight.. but my dad n mum say NVM to my sis.
the fish came, but the soup still not here yet.. n we ordered the ever so SIMPLE toufu soup.. need 1 hr to cook??
my sis very angry n refused to pay for the fish n soup.. n wanna argue with them..
funny part is she scold them in english n they dun understand! LOL~
end up my dad n mum pay for the rest n my sis just went off angrily.

well, for me, i didnt say much, n my parents too, cos we patronise them pretty often n my parents know the waitresses there quite well.
so thats why they dun wanna create a scene..
but it is pretty obvious that they forgotten our orders.
i would think that if they admit it, my sis wouldnt be so angry.
if for me, if it is a place i wont go again, i definately would make a scene. LOL~

Phoebii Cheng

hi felzdown,

you should write in to complain to the management abt this incident.....I work in the service industry too.....but in the accounts dept, my restaurant manager always says this to his staff, if u r not feeling good today, better dun work.

I think tht manager is not feeling good that day, thus venting out her anger or emotions on the customers.....

The management deserve the rights to know tht he has such staff.....

apollo

as far as i knw, e food that e cust ordered wasnt out as e manager say their food on e table not finish yet so she dont want to out e food and say e cust waste food..

but in e first e cust is paying for e food, so if any wastage also they are paying for it.. dont understand why e manager so angry about it..

(anyway im not e cust ..) :001_302:
wow! i didnt know got such 'law' lehh... she brought this 'law' from her country to SG?? LOL!!

apollo

honestly speaking, i dont like ppl from that "country".
only a few that i know of are nice...
recently also have a prob..
went to this china restaurant at my house there, we ordered 5 dishes.
3 of wish came out in 5 mins.
the other 2 was a fish n a soup..
i thought normally soup shld be the first dish out right??
nvm..
after 45 mins, still have not come, we asked them 2 times also never come.
then my sis getting HOT already, she told the waiter n waitress that we do not want the fish already, but they INSISTED it is cooking already.. then my sis say you dont UNDERSTAND WHAT IS I dont want? then that toopid china waitress try to pick a fight.. but my dad n mum say NVM to my sis.
the fish came, but the soup still not here yet.. n we ordered the ever so SIMPLE toufu soup.. need 1 hr to cook??
my sis very angry n refused to pay for the fish n soup.. n wanna argue with them..
funny part is she scold them in english n they dont understand! LOL~
end up my dad n mum pay for the rest n my sis just went off angrily.

well, for me, i didnt say much, n my parents too, cos we patronise them pretty often n my parents know the waitresses there quite well.
so thats why they dont wanna create a scene..
but it is pretty obvious that they forgotten our orders.
i would think that if they admit it, my sis wouldnt be so angry.
if for me, if it is a place i wont go again, i definately would make a scene. LOL~
i noe hw ur sis feel, esp when the waiter dont even feel tt the pro lies on them..

my fren had such experience at swensen but the manager there v good, not only apologise and offered free drinks to them... u see, that's the difference =)

Feliz

Ting, i also don like this pple.. not to be racist or wat la but the things they do are making me hate them even more! ya ther are nice part of them 'SOMETIMES' but most times they jus irritate me whenever i see them.. :tlaugh: Now in SG, 'they' are everywher.. even in a ang mo restaurant, they cant speak eng den for f*** the boss hire them also i don understand.. ya they are cheap but they bring down SG service standard.. I myself in service industy, i see them i paiseh ah.. :embarrassed:

*Shake head*

Feliz

hi felzdown,

you should write in to complain to the management about this incident.....I work in the service industry too.....but in the accounts dept, my restaurant manager always says this to his staff, if you are not feeling good today, better dont work.

I think tht manager is not feeling good that day, thus venting out her anger or emotions on the customers.....

The management deserve the rights to know tht he has such staff.....
Phoebii, not me la its my aunt fren.. anyway im in e F&B line and working for SIA so to me provide good cust service very impt lor.. no matter bad mood or kena f*** by cust jia lat jia lat also stil hav to fake smile.. Bo bian mus lun.. hehhe...

Oh ya anyway today 04-01-10 this china girl come out in chinese newspaper leh.. I was told but haven read yet.. mayb u all can check it out..

Ting

i know hw your sis feel, esp when the waiter dont even feel that the pro lies on them..

my friend had such experience at swensen but the manager there very good, not only apologise and offered free drinks to them... you see, that's the difference =)
YEAH!! they still think they r right just bcos they alr cooked the food.
then my dad keep defending them say it takes alot of work to cook the fish.. need to debone n etc.
wah piangzzz, it was a weekend, they sure to prepare b4hand...

yeah the other day i went to fish & co, i ordered chips instead of rice, but they made wrong order n gv me rice. then i told them nvm but they gv me free chips... LOL~

Ting

Ting, i also dont like this pple.. not to be racist or what but the things they do are making me hate them even more! ya ther are nice part of them 'SOMETIMES' but most times they just irritate me whenever i see them.. :tlaugh: Now in SG, 'they' are everywher.. even in a ang mo restaurant, they cant speak eng then for f*** the boss hire them also i dont understand.. ya they are cheap but they bring down SG service standard.. I myself in service industy, i see them i paiseh .. :embarrassed:

*Shake head*
yeah not that im racist or anything, i do know some ppl from tt country n r quite ok terms with them..
but majority of them really damn annoying, always give those yaya face, macham they r big F.
hello!!! dont they know they dont belong here!:nah:

diymummy

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

That's all I can say abt people who try to cut costs on staff and staff training.