First Month Vaccination

Cheyenne

So angry today. Make a fruitless trip to Paediatrican and was told can jab baby at 6 weeks.

The new practice is that can jab baby at 6week (instead of 1 month) for this 6 in 1 jab, then another at 6mths and 1 year. Instead of the old practise of monthly jab. Eventually, save them 2 jabs pain in total (by 1 year old).

And polyclinic offer some of the Jab free (sponsor by government).

Is this true ? Can anyone share ?

Also any relliable GP to recommend me in Pasir Ris area.

stonston

There are some COMPULSORY jabs by SG govt which is 3-in-1. it is FREE at polyclinics.

However, most parents would wanna pay more for 5-in-1 or 6-in-1.

if u choose to pay more, it is jab at 6wks. it is common practice for quite some yrs le (my son who is 2+ this yr was jabbed at 6weeks 2 yrs ago).

going to GP is definitely more exp. polyclinics now offer the same 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 as GPs and PDs :)

wawa

Was told that 6-in-1 jab has to be taken later when i brought my boy to Paediatrican during the first few days of his birth. But he gave me a date to visit when his 1mth old.

But decide to switch to polyclinic as the price is cheaper. I called the polyclinic nearby last week and was informed to bring baby over for nurse to see first before they will make an appointment for his immunisation. Going this friday and shall let you the price of 6-in-1.

The standard injections are free of charge but you still have to pay for 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 if you choose to take the package. As far as I know, you have to pay the whole amount in polyclinic while private you pay every time you go for the 6-in-1 jab.

stonston

actually most of u will have CDA acct. u can use ur CDA acct to pay for the jab at polyclinic. for private clinics, it gotta be an approved clinic and they need to display this letter stating they can claim from CDA for u :)

apollo

Was told that 6-in-1 jab has to be taken later when i brought my boy to Paediatrican during the first few days of his birth. But he gave me a date to visit when his 1mth old.

But decide to switch to polyclinic as the price is cheaper. I called the polyclinic nearby last week and was informed to bring baby over for nurse to see first before they will make an appointment for his immunisation. Going this friday and shall let you the price of 6-in-1.

The standard injections are free of charge but you still have to pay for 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 if you choose to take the package. As far as I know, you have to pay the whole amount in polyclinic while private you pay every time you go for the 6-in-1 jab.
eh i'm confuse alrdy.. i called up polyclinic last week and they just let me make an appt for 1st mth jab... so nw wat am i going to do?? :embarrassed:

Cheyenne

here are my findings after whole morning of calling around :

- not all GPs have the new vaccine of 6 weeks, followed by 3mth,then 5 months (3 jabs) . Many are still sticking to the old/standard schedule behind the health booklet of 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 mths (5 jabs).

I only manage to find 2 GP clinic out of 10, that i've called. Charges is about $110 for a 6 in 1 jab at 6 weeks.

- for poly clinic : they do 3, 4, 5, and 18 mths. For each month, parent can have a choice of going for the :

A) 3 in1 jab + oral feed liquid Poliomyelits medicine, before the jab - Free
B) 4 in 1 jab (mean Poliomyelits is in a form of jab) - pay abt $75
c) 5 in 1 jab (as above + 1 more, I forgot) - pay abt $85

pls share with me more info.

stonston

cheyenne, which polyclinic is tt? the info they give u is different from wot me n my fren got at hougang polyclinic.

she's bringin her baby in at 6weeks for 6-in-1. and they called in for appt. jus give details over the phone. no need to bring baby down to see first or anything.

wawa

eh i'm confuse alrdy.. i called up polyclinic last week and they just let me make an appt for 1st month jab... so now what am i going to do?? :embarrassed:
I am confused too.. Was thinking to walk-in on friday to see what the nurse want to see. My polyclinic say no need make appt for jab until walk-in. I told them my boy is 3 weeks old when the other party asked me how old is my boy.

wawa

actually most of you will have CDA acct. you can use your CDA acct to pay for the jab at polyclinic. for private clinics, it gotta be an approved clinic and they need to display this letter stating they can claim from CDA for you :)
i think my boy's cda account wont come in time to pay for it, i only mailed out the application forms last week. :tlaugh:

apollo

I am confused too.. Was thinking to walk-in on friday to see what the nurse want to see. My polyclinic say no need make appt for jab until walk-in. I told them my boy is 3 weeks old when the other party asked me how old is my boy.
today my hubby called up National Healthcare Group (those Poly clinic at Hougang, AMK, CCK, TPY....) and the person say book appt can just go for the jab don't hav to go separately like what stonston mentioned..

I think is becos diffe polyclinic under diffe management.. should call up the polyclinic you wish to go and ask =)

wawa

today my hubby called up National Healthcare Group (those Poly clinic at Hougang, AMK, chua chu kang, TPY....) and the person say book appt can just go for the jab dont't hav to go separately like what stonston mentioned..

I think is becos diffe polyclinic under diffe management.. should call up the polyclinic you wish to go and ask =)
ACtually i called the polyclinic i wish to go and ask the whoever picked up the call that day.

Think i will call again tomorrow but at a different timing.

wawa

I went to polyclinic yesterday and realise not all polyclinics have 6-in-1 vaccine. Mine doesnt has that, only has 5-in-1 so I decided to go private to get all the vaccine and checkup instead. *sigh

Cheyenne

Sorry for the late reply. Anyway, was Pasir Ris polyclinic, as I'm staying here for the time being.

I brought baby to a private clinic here for 6 in 1 jab @ $105 (ex. consultation). Next jab is at 3mth and 5th mth.

Gave up on polyclinc unless for minor problem. I'm afraid what happen if baby did not drink enough of the medicine before the 5 in 1 jab. You never know, baby can spit out some of the medicine if they don't like it. Jab is still better, no chance for them to reject.

november

I called Hougang Polyclinic and their 6in1 starts when BB 3mths old. And it doesn't include 2nd dose HepB. So I have to go separate for Hep B first.

Is that right?

apollo

I called Hougang Polyclinic and their 6in1 starts when baby 3mths old. And it doesn't include 2nd dose HepB. So I have to go separate for Hep B first.

Is that right?
i tot the 2nd hep b is not included de? only 3rd hep b in included in the 6in1?? cos i once asked my ds pd's clinic and the price of 2nd heb p and 6in1 they gave me is seperate...

At 1 month, my Boy had his 2nd hep B jab only (by appointment at Jurong polyclinic). During his visit, the nurse then only allow me to make appointment for his 6in1 jab at 3 month. Cost is ~$326. Cost for 5in1 is $290 (diff from 6in1 : require 1 more visit).

november

i thought the 2nd hep b is not included ? only 3rd hep b in included in the 6in1?? cos i once asked my dear son pediatrician's clinic and the price of 2nd heb p and 6in1 they gave me is seperate...
The sengkang polyclinic nurse, says its included! That's why i never bring bb for injection during first month. Now BB coming 7 weeks le, so have to quickly bring him down foe HepB tomoro

apollo

The sengkang polyclinic nurse, says its included! That's why i never bring baby for injection during first month. Now baby coming 7 weeks , so have to quickly bring him down foe HepB tomoro
actu so far, the clinics i asked, all NOT included 2nd dose but the 3rd dose.. hep b 2nd dose is seperate from 6in1... correct me if i'm wrong :001_302:

Cheyenne

As per my GP (the one who jab baby at 6 weeks with 6 in 1 from GSK), the next visit is at 3mth month and then 5th month. She also confirmed that this new schedule will safe baby from 2 more jab.

I was calling around the clinic in Pasir Ris area last 2 weeks to see which clinic is on which schedule ie, the old or the new. Most Padietrican is already on the new schedule. So best to ask them first before you rush down.

Can't they update the health booklet ? or update the MOH website to avoid these confusion and scare ?

euchye

Alpha Male
I submitted an online enquiry and received the following reply:

1) Baby at birth receives BCG and Hep B (1st dose).

2) NHG Polyclinics offers the 6-in-1 vaccination package at $326.10 (inclusive of 7% GST).

Package includes:
3rd month DPT+Polio+HIB
4th month DPT+Polio+HIB
5th month DPT+Polio+HIB+ Hep B (3rd dose)
18th month DPT+Polio+HIB

* 2nd dose Hep B to be taken at 2nd month as a separate jab. The cost is S$20.00 for Singapore residents & PRs, and S$26.00 for foreigners.

3) Our 5-in-1 vaccination package is priced at $290.40 (inclusive of 7% GST).

Package includes:
3rd month DPT+Polio+HIB
4th month DPT+Polio+HIB
5th month DPT+Polio+HIB
18th month DPT+Polio+HIB

* The package does not include 2nd and 3rd dose of Hep B, which should be taken separately at 2nd and 6th month.