First time Clomid

Applechen

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, TTC#1 for nearly 8 months now. Started Clomid 100mg D3-D7 this month try to bring ovulation early in the cycle, my normal o day without Clomid varies from D17-D25. It is D17 today, just did ultrasound this morning and found out eggs at 13.7mm, same as D11. Seems eggs not growing!!!:nah:

Started OPK test since D11, haven't see a smiley face yet ( using ClearBlue digital ovulation kit, the one with smiley face). Anyone on Clomid and ovulate that late but got pregg??!! Will I still have a chance to hv mature egg this cycle??!! Really need some good news to cheer up...

Thanks and baby dusts to ALL!!!

diymummy

Did the gynae say why your eggs are not growing? Is your menses regular?

If your eggs are really not growing, you could be having PCOS.

I was on chlomid when I was TTC my baby. I was on it for 3 mths then switched to another drug (I can't remember the name) for another 3 mths at the end of which I got pregnant.

I was also using Clearblue ovulation kit (non-digital) as well as bought some kits from my gynae.

Did you discuss options with your gynae? What did he advise you? Are you also taking BBT?

Applechen

Hi diymummy,

Thank you very much for your reply!

My Gynae @TFC gave me unclear answers as "hormone issue", he is always busy and every session i had with him was about 5-10mins max...

My mense was quite normal before TTC, around 28- 30days, its getting worse these month, like 33-40days. I think maybe due to the stresses.

Yes, I did monitor BBT, it seems normal, I always has 14 days high tem after O before AF.
My Gynae recon me go IVF... I am not ready to do IVF without trying other simple/afordable methods yet, in fact I was the one requested to have Clomid instead of doing IVF so suddently...

Did you used same dosage everytime for the 3months Clomid? You changed to other medicine becoz Clomid was not working, right?

I am thinking to increase to 150mg next cycle if this month fails ( still hoping egg will grow in the next 2-3 days), pray pray!

Thank you again for your reply! :) Have a good day!

Hi, I am new to this forum. I went KK last week and was prescribe clomid 50mg. Haven taken the clomid yet as I was still on pills to induce my very late menses. Besides being patience, there is nothing much we can do I guess.

SleepyJu

Any mummies taken clomid and got pregnant recently?

Just seen gynae and doc ask mi chart bbt temp and see my pattern..if nt maybe can try taking clomid..

Wonder should I consider taking? Any effects or wat to take note?

francessyap

Hi gals,

Wana share my experience on clomid. I've been having irregular cycles. Been TTC since May 2010 till Oct, dats the mth i had my 1st clomid... I started w 100mg straight away fr D2-D6. Didn't ovulate cos only spotted 1 egg at 9mm. Tried 150mg in Nov, but didn't ovulate as well. Finally i ovulated at D18 in Dec with 150mg but didnt get preggy... Decided to take a break cos my gynae said max can only tk for 6cycles afterwhich will be very risky.

Was totally depressed & on top of dat, my hubby went for sperm test in Feb 2011 n morphology was only 4%!!! :( So we just leave it to fate, if its meant to be den it will be. Heard from my frens perhaps my tubes r blocked, dat could also be the reason. So im waiting for my period to come in Mar so i can do the HSG test to chk for blockage. But waited n waited... period just didnt come. Surprisingly I was preggy, somemore conceived on D31!!! I thought i didnt ovulate for dat mth cos i only tested fr D14-D25...It just came when we're least expected... Currently 4mth preggy.

My gynae was saying maybe clomid did help to jumpstart my machine but tk some time...:001_302: Hope to hear more successful stories on clomid!

Good luck & dun give up gals!!!!

elyza

Think it is best to observe your menses cycle and intercourse at the most fertile period. There is a week whereby you are most likely to conceive every month. I has a program to generate the full calendar month for you. Do not do it when you are safe. Keep your energy for that special week. If interested, drop me a email. Just tell me your first day of your period would do the previous month. Would say 90% accurate.Take care.

SleepyJu

Think it is best to observe your menses cycle and intercourse at the most fertile period. There is a week whereby you are most likely to conceive every month. I has a program to generate the full calendar month for you. Do not do it when you are safe. Keep your energy for that special week. If interested, drop me a email. Just tell me your first day of your period would do the previous month. Would say 90% accurate.Take care.
Hi elyza,

It will be accurate for irregular mensus also? I was ploting my bbt temp and ovaluated when egg only 11.5mm. I suppose dats y always never concieve.. Haiz doc say next month mensus if come then ask mi try clomid..

elyza

it is based on the previous month first day of the period. So there would be different projection every month when your memses cycle change . One thing to remember too frequent and regular heats before the most fertile week do trigger or disrupt the start of the period. This may cause the projection to be less accurate. Control yourself and wait for the most fertile week. It is the most common problem of couples trying to conceive by increase the numbers of intercourses. This actually and actually diminish the chances of success.

anabella

Hi. Just wanna share with u guys. I was diagnosed with pcos. Tried clomid 100mg. and I was lucky that at my first time, I got pregnant. I didn't really check when I ovulated. Only go dr to seed if got egg follicles after I took clomid. Then dr say have so he say must try within next few days. The day I found out I was pregnant, I quickly made appt wit dr. He confirmed was pregnant, only a few appt later tat we found out it's twins.