First time making eggettes!

tammysow

had hong kong withdrawals, so i got myself a cornell egg waffle maker. quite easy! i followed this recipe Egg Puffs tasty for my first try! but next round will be even tastier, hehe

Debra Foster

• 1 cup (5 ounces) (140 g) flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 g) baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon (14 g) custard powder
  • 2 tablespoons (28 g) tapioca starch
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup ( 220 g) sugar
  • 2 tablespoons (28 g) evaporated milk
  • 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons (28 g) vegetable oil
  • Optional: 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped in fine bits + 1/2 cup cacao nibs
  • Optional: 1 1/2 teaspoons matcha powder + 3/4 cup toasted black sesame seeds

• Whisk the flour, baking powder, custard powder, tapioca starch, and salt together in a small bowl and set aside.
  • Combine the eggs and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk together until smooth.
  • Add in the evaporated milk and water and whisk to combine.
  • Add in the flour mixture and whisk to combine, making sure that all the lumps are whisked out and the mixture is very smooth.
  • Add in the vanilla extract and vegetable oil and whisk to combine.
  • Cover the mixture and refrigerate for an hour to let thicken.
  • Spray each eggette plate with nonstick cooking spray and heat on a stove burner at medium until just hot - you don't want it scorching or the batter will cook too quickly when it hits the pan.
  • You can stir in any add-ins like the ones I listed above at this point, right before cooking the batter.
  • Pour about 3/4 cup of batter on one plate, spreading as evenly as possible. Place the other plate on top. Flip the pan over to let the mold fill evenly.
  • Cook for about 2 1/2 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 1/2 minutes. After the first trial eggette, you can adjust the heat and cooking time to get the doneness you want.
  • Turn the eggette out onto a wire rack to let cool slightly before eating.