First Time Moms (FTMs)

Tannie

My suggestion is u din have to get anything so early but u can start doing some comparison. Decide what kind of stroller, carrier, car seat, play pan or cot etc... These are costly investment range from 100 n above, so u might wana think carefully... Then u can keep a look out for sales for the items u wanted.

Beside look arnd what kind of bottle n breast pump that is available n compare. There are a lot of list available for the items to prepare for new born, print out n decide what u wana get.

felicity

Hi all, I buy from this seller called babyhub I think, on qoo10.com.sg... Reasonable price n many designs to choose from and have size too!! So far I can fit nicely in all the maternity clothes I bought from this seller so I'm quite happy... Besides that I get preloved from my friends who have given birth in the past couple of years :)

I agree w tannie can do comparison first. Don't worry abt rushing to buy.. I went taka bb fair to get things but bear in mind I'm 35 weeks tmr! Ok I admit I'm quite late to start shopping but hubby n I see no point buy early only to leave them in the spare room to collect dust over the months or weeks.. So up to u.. Luckily hv this fair b4 my edd ^^

Purple - YES! I was exactly in the same boat! Haha, my first child too. I'm STILL experienceing lethargy even though I'm on my 2nd trimester, it's supposed to fade away for most, guess it's payback for not having Morning sickness for me.

Don't worry about your baby not having enough to eat. Mostly, babies get their nutrients from you. So if you have enough folic acid, vitamins and calcium in your system, the baby should be fine. Take care of yourself more as exhaution and morning sickness can really drain a person, eat what and when you feel like, dont force yourself to eat when you don't want to. Some say it's your body's way of telling you what it needs and what it doesnt.

In 2nd trimester, your appetite should increase... dramatically. My stomach's been real loud and embarrassing... in the middle of a meeting it growled. real loud. everyone laughed :) HAHA.

So don't worry, your baby will be fine, like my doctor calls them "perfect parasites". Take care of the host's body.
thanks melanie!

i'm feeling the morning sickness now.. when on train/bus to work.. i really feel like throwing up..
i had a small container of preserved fruits (sng buay) with me in my bag.. in case i really feel like throwing up..

i can be hungry and next moment, i'm not..

lizasaifi

Hi mummies. I had gone to the taka baby fair over the weekend. Lots of things from strollers to baby cots to breast pump. There were quite a few gd deals but I didn't buy anything as I am still comparing prices for certain items. Still kinda early too for me to buy anything as I'm not due till early December. :) for those who wanna get diapers get ur stock from there. Huggies are quite cheap compared to when u buy at say NTUC. I also heard there's gonna be another baby fair at expo ard october. Will be buying more then. Have a great week mummies!

LeeTham

hi purple, my edd is in early jan..and my hub hopping that our baby will be born same date as his too.. can celebrate together :)
and from then on..daddy will not have any cake cos...will share the cake with our kid :)

felicity

haha LeeTham that's nice :) but tell u a secret... i hv grown up friends same bday as parents n they dun like it... esp when they wanna celebrate w their bf/gf or organize chalets go out w friends etc but cannot cos need to go home/restaurant celebrate papa/mama's bday... or need to invite parents n relatives etc over to chalet to celebrate together so as young adults they find not so enjoy... most prefer exclusive bdays to celebrate... but depends also la if v family type ppl will love celebrating tog i guess :)

babyjade

Hello mummies ! Im 8 weeks preggy! Nice to meet u all :) hope to make more mummy ftiends. morning sickness hits me real bad! I so wanna shop but think its too early to do so? Have no idea what to buy too... I can't wait to see bb again but that will b in end August for next visit and Oscar scan.

Dragontail

I kinda agree on the same birthdays thingy... my sis (who is very close to me) said she hopes my baby wont born on the same day as her birthday in January. If so, no one will remember her birthday anymore. Haa~

babyjade

Haha.. Oh ya. :p

Im eating alot junk food. Need to start exercising but im worried at times
Whether how to exercise!

LeeTham:677802 said:
Hi jade hold on ur shopping..wait til u find out ur baby gender then start buying :)

crystal060

Hi babyjade, I'm a FTM too. Edd in Oct. I started my pre natal class since week 20 at mother and child, tanglin mall. I find the lessons not bad as I'm already practicing yoga before pregnant. :) Link: http://www.motherandchild.com.sg/yoga.php.

babyjade:678116 said:
hehe any recommendations when and where i should join :)
?

Join pre natal yoga, heard its good and aid in delivery!

niidu

Dear All,

we r currently having a promo on infant/toddler's socks and mittens. also we have the best and latest japan/korea maternity fashion at unbelievable prices!! even if u r not preggie or just given birth, add a belt, and u r ready to go! noone will believe its a maternity dress!

so hurry to Niidu Mother's Wear offers mums-to-be an extensive range of maternity clothing. We carry the largest collection of imported maternity clothes and nursing wear that any maternity shop in Singapore has to offer. We also stock baby/ toddler shirts, dres while stocks last!!

friedalcraft

Hi babyjade, I'm a FTM too. Edd in Oct. I started my pre natal class since week 20 at mother and child, tanglin mall. I find the lessons not bad as I'm already practicing yoga before pregnant. :) Link: Mother and Child - Singapores Prenatal and Postnatal Education Centre.
Hi Crystal, am sourcing for places where my wife can go for pre-natal yoga. May I know,
1) what the charges are like for M&C?
2) is the class suitable for yoga beginners (zero yoga background)?
3) did anybody else in your class drag their husband to join them? :embarrassed:

Hi mummies! I am a FTM too. Feeling excited and clueless at the same time especially cos I have to keep mum about it till the 2nd trimester. May I know when can we use medisave to help with our expenses?

My MS has been pretty horrible at times and I can't stand so many smells. I am so dependent on my sour plums until my throat feel do sore and I start to have phelgm. Can't wait for my first trimester to be over! :D

cn naz

I gave birth to my daughter on may. I am a ftm, she just had her 3rd month jab. Now obsessing whether she has fever or not. Keep on checking her temperature. Any idea how to keep myself sane?