First Year birthday - Summary of all events planning/resources/locations for 1st bdae

pinkytham

First Year birthday location

hi mummies out there any advice on how to celebrate dd 1st birthday party and any nice cake reccommendation?

was thinking of celebrating at home or at chalet organise a bbq and buffet?

Last edited:

diymummy

Re: Need advice on dd 1st bdae party

Hi pinkytham,

I celebrated my boy's birthday at a chalet at NSRCC. I ordered a BBQ buffet menu from Mum's Kitchen. I also hired 2 people to do the barbequing for us so that we can entertain guests.

Cake, you can try Pine Gardens. They have a website under construction. You can google it. You can email to them and they will send you a catalogue of their cakes.

Personally, I ordered from Jack's Place and bought my own cake decorations.

just the question i had in mind.... hee hee

I won't have many ppl turning up on actual day, so gonna do something simple at home with family members...

as for friends, just small group meet ups at cafe lor... it's the thought that counts I guess.

During the first month celebration, really felt like its more for the adults than the bb... so for his bday, think will only do a fancy one when he knows how to appreciate

hahahha

pinkytham

=D
i like the nsrcc design!
but its expensive
u have the member ah?
hw much did u pay for it?

Hi pinkytham,

I celebrated my boy's birthday at a chalet at NSRCC. I ordered a BBQ buffet menu from Mum's Kitchen. I also hired 2 people to do the barbequing for us so that we can entertain guests.

Cake, you can try Pine Gardens. They have a website under construction. You can google it. You can email to them and they will send you a catalogue of their cakes.

Personally, I ordered from Jack's Place and bought my own cake decorations.

pinkytham

=D
hee hee
dunno leh but for me wanna celebrate it
cus wan show people my little princess off
@_@
no la wan everyone to share my princess joy and offer her good wishes so she will stay happy always!

but also cant dun celebrate cause at hubby side, little princess is the first grand daughter as hubby is the eldest grandson of the family....

just the question i had in mind.... hee hee

I won't have many ppl turning up on actual day, so gonna do something simple at home with family members...

as for friends, just small group meet ups at cafe ... it's the thought that counts I guess.

During the first month celebration, really felt like its more for the adults than the baby... so for his bday, think will only do a fancy one when he knows how to appreciate

hahahha

MaMa_P

In fact, i am celebrating my boy's birthday this coming Snday. 17th Jan 2010 @ NSRCC. BBQ and buffet. Cake @ Pine Garden. Got lots of good review on it.
Really looking forward to it. :Dancing_tongue:

So when's the big day?

jxmummy

i've booked aloha loyang garden bungalow for dd 1st birthday. as for cakes selection, still choosing in between pines garden or yiling confectionary =)

pinkytham

=D

haha still long la april =D
i kiasi wan than dun like last min stuff so will plan early =D

btw hw much u paid for the nsrcc chalet?
u gt member?

In fact, i am celebrating my boy's birthday this coming Snday. 17th Jan 2010 @ NSRCC. BBQ and buffet. Cake @ Pine Garden. Got lots of good review on it.
Really looking forward to it. :Dancing_tongue:

So when's the big day?

pinkytham

=D
hubby friend also did that but not sure where he gt the cake =D
mi no wan same =(
scared later invite them they say copycat =(

i've booked aloha loyang garden bungalow for dear daughter 1st birthday. as for cakes selection, still choosing in between pines garden or yiling confectionary =)

jassmine

hi pinkytham, as a advise, pls do not order buffet from YLS and cake from cakencraving, i regretted to choose YLS as their food doesn't taste nice at all, and for the cake, most of my guest will telling me the cake was too sweet as i have told the baker to do make the cake less sweetness haiz..

diymummy

=D
i like the nsrcc design!
but its expensive
you have the member ?
hw much did you pay for it?
Hi pinkytham,

Sorry I just checked back this thread.

Because I booked in Dec, it was more expensive. It was super-peak prices that time. Min booking is for 2 nights and I paid $570+

First yr birthday location

Anyone have any suggesstion?
Am starting to plan my budget for darius's first yr birthday
check a few places and m rather out of budget
I've about 15 children and 40 adults
am thinking of just hosting a 2hr party.

jxmummy

Anyone have any suggesstion?
Am starting to plan my budget for darius's first your birthday
check a few places and m rather out of budget
I've about 15 children and 40 adults
am thinking of just hosting a 2hr party.
hi mummy pprincesslynn, i've booked the aloha loyang garden bungalow chalet for ard $300 for 3d2n thru civil servant rate, erm if you have friends or relatives who are civil servant, you can ask them to book for you? the chalet is quite spacious =)

My budget is abt $1k and age group of the kids varies frm 1yr-12yrs.
Did think of my place before. But cuz of the cleaning all n
realli put mi off cuz kids may drop food in some hidden corner

diymummy

You can rent a function room and cater a buffet.

Function room can be either at country clubs or friends' condos.

camom

My budget is about $1k and age group of the kids varies frm 1yr-12yrs.
Did think of my place before. But cuz of the cleaning all n
really put mi off cuz kids may drop food in some hidden corner
Ya, condo function rm is a gd option if you have relatives or friends who can help you book. I don't really like to have so many ppl at home too. It was a nightmare cleaning up and still finding food scraps and biscuit pieces everywhere (& I really mean everywhere, from beds to crevices in sofa to under the sofa).

I guess the main bulk of your budget will be on food then, cos catering is not cheap. If you are catering at $10/pax for 40 pax, then you expect to pay like $450 for the food alone, incl tpt charges.

Cake will take up another $100- $150, depending on the size and which bakery you go to.

Are you looking to decorate the place? Any party favours? U'll need to factor this in. I spent approx $100 on helium foil balloons, banner, etc even after DIYing quite a bit.

Ting

Re: First Year birthday - Summary of all events planning/resources/locations for 1st

i booked a chalet for pin, at aloha loyang (using civil servant rates) n so far i estimated we will spend abt 1.4-1.5K including, chalet, food, cake, deco, party favours,
actually i rented a few extra like cotton candy machine, choco fondue, n also it is a themed party, thus the deco is more expensive.
but if my aunt gg to sponsor the food, then i think i can save abt $200-$300 on the BBQ food.

bcos your kids range is 1-12 yo, quite a big range, so abit difficult to find suitable for all ages.
my uncle actually booked a BBQ pit at his hse area (TPY)for his daughter n there is a playground there.
so the kids get to enjoy playing while the adults can eat n chat.

at home is quite a nightmare esp if u have kids, if adults still can consider.
if not chalet, i think function room would be a good choice. :)