First Year birthday - Summary of all events planning/resources/locations for 1st bdae

Re: First Year birthday - Summary of all events planning/resources/locations for 1st

any suggestion where i can get chocolates shaped like mickey mouse head?

Minty Queen

Re: First Year birthday - Summary of all events planning/resources/locations for 1st

Dear all,
I did some some research regarding venues when i was planning for my child's bb shower.
Venues for Baby Shower (Full Month)

Baby shower is a way to celebrate the pending or recent birth of a child by presenting gifts to the parents at a party. The term shower is often assumed to mean that the expectant mother is "showered" with gifts. It also function as a type of initiation into a new state: “motherhood.” Baby shower is usually held when the mum is pregnant. Baby shower games such as guess the sex of the baby are planned for the guests.
However, it is interesting to note that different cultures celebrate baby shower in different ways. For the Chinese: It is held one month after the baby is born. This is due to the high infant mortality rate in the past that prompted families and friends to celebrate if the baby is able to survived after the first month.
I know I was a bit kiasu, before my little Raynor is out, I had already started to plan my baby shower venues. I knew that it would be difficult for me to plan a proper full month baby shower because I would be in confinement. So 1 planned the party date1-month after my EDD.
Initally, we started off thinking that we want to have a chalet to host the baby shower.

Criteria:

• < >It must be fully aircon.

• A living room that is big enough for the guests to hang around
Treehouse Villas

This was my top choice. There are 14 villas with an authentic Balinese setting. You get to choose either 2 Bedroom Villas or 3-Bedroom Villas. It all comes with 2 bathrooms, balcony, living room, dining room, kitchen, backyard, a terrace with outdoor and indoor gas-operated BBQ pit and a Jacuzzi.

Given its size and its beauty, I thought that is such a great place for baby shower. However, the catch is that you have to be a SAF personnel to book this venue. I tried to get my hub friends to book for me but he was not able to get it, especially I wanted it during the weekend. Booking is by balloting. It is just too popular among the SAF personnel.

Address: Sealand Road, Changi

To read more about other venues: pls visit my blog
Venues for Baby Shower ~ Minty Queen

silly1812

Hi all! Anyone did their baby's 1st birthday at their infant/child care centre? Not possible for me to do at home, coz there's only me, hubby, and baby in Singapore. I don't have idea on what to do/prepare if gonna celebrate baby's birthday at his care centre. Can anyone kindly share their experiences, please? TIA!!!

Wadah

Hi Mummys, Just came across this survey done by a young group of polytechnic students that i believe would help us, mothers, understand parenthood better. Would be great if you can help to give your input and spread to others as well as I am sure this would help to benefit us all. Have a nice day. https://sixplusone.typeform.com/to/ds5XX5

ling.er

Any mummy have any ideal for hello kitty birthday cake?? Less than 50 - 60

dwzphotos

We provide photography documentation for life’s most precious moments, birthday parties and special occasions.

Not your ordinary photographer, with our unique style and approach, we believe in capturing authentic emotions and fleeting quiet moments in a clean journalistic style. Timeless captures that brims with the unique personality and character of every individual child, treasured for years to come.

Do consider us for your birthday photography needs. Browse more at www.truphotos.com or drop us a quick message now!

Last edited:

dwzphotos

TP1309WZ05022.jpgTP1307WZ03593.jpgTP1403WZ01653.jpgTP1510WZ09702.jpg
We provide photography documentation for life’s most precious moments, birthday parties and special occasions.

Not your ordinary photographer, with our unique style and approach, we believe in capturing authentic emotions and fleeting quiet moments in a clean journalistic style. Timeless captures that brims with the unique personality and character of every individual child, treasured for years to come.

Do consider us for your birthday photography needs. Browse more at www.truphotos.com or drop us a quick message now! :)

Last edited:

Amy Gan

hello mummies :) has anyone tried Little Spot for baby 1st birthday before? It looks quite cool with activities for children to play. but it is a little expensive... want to check if its worth it :) i also saw more venues here: womensweekly.com.sg/gallery/family/parenting/restaurants-singapore-childrens-birthday-party/

if anyone has tried any of the venues can you PM me please? :) thank u!