Flu

angbao:825723 said:
Having flu still can breastfeed the baby?
Yes. U can still bf. If u are on medication tell ur doc to prescribe drugs safe for bf. Do note antihistamines may reduce milk supply

Don't think there is any situation where u cannot bf unless u are on medication that will affect bb. Medication like steroids.

diza

If u got flu, fever or even diarrhoea, cont to bf coz ur body produces antibodies wic is gd for ur BF baby. And when doc wants to prescribe u medicine, always tell him/her that you are BF as some medicines are not suitable for expectant and nursing mothers.

Only mothers who have HIV, tuberculosis and undergoing chemo are not advisable to BF.

angbao

If u got flu, fever or even diarrhoea, cont to bf coz ur body produces antibodies wic is gd for ur BF baby. And when doc wants to prescribe u medicine, always tell him/her that you are BF as some medicines are not suitable for expectant and nursing mothers.

Only mothers who have HIV, tuberculosis and undergoing chemo are not advisable to BF.
So I can't bf when I having flu?

yu021984

[h=2]Re: Flu[/h]In my case no, i did not let my baby breastfeed because if i had a sick it will transfer to the baby, much better if you used pump to flow your milk .