Flu

apollo

May i know hw long ur baby takes to recover from flu? i mean fully reccover with no musuc dripping from his/her nose..

ds has been down with flu since tues and the 1st few days aft taking medi his condition improve very fast.. but for the past 2-3 days, he still have those watery 'musuc' dripping from his nose...

he has been taking zyrtec for 6days alrdy... i dunno whether to continue him with the medi until he is fully reecover, or just stop it and let him recover the rest on his own or bring him to a pd..

ping26

May i know hw long your baby takes to recover from flu? i mean fully reccover with no musuc dripping from his/her nose..

dear son has been down with flu since tues and the 1st few days after taking medi his condition improve very fast.. but for the past 2-3 days, he still have those watery 'musuc' dripping from his nose...

he has been taking zyrtec for 6days alrdy... i dont know whether to continue him with the medi until he is fully reecover, or just stop it and let him recover the rest on his own or bring him to a pediatrician..

*hugs* how is he now?

your boy seems to get flu or cough quite often...

I'm not too experienced in taking care of sick children cos Christine has seen PD 3 times.

She recovered from runny & blocked nose quite quickly after seeing PD. I think she took abt 3 doses of Zyrtec. I didn't give her the other meds as she was only 6-7 mth old then.

I requested for a baby-safe saline nose drop to "clean" her nose as she often rubs her nose & eyes.

I bought extra bottles from pharmacy. We use it to clean her nose regularly as she has quite a bit 'pi-sai'. Salt water rinse is good for adults with sensitive nose (ie a lot of pi-sai or mucus). Babies tend to ingest the saline water, so u hv to balance the risks vs taking medication.

every child is different. how long does your boy usu take to recover completely?

If the mucus affects sleep (breathing) or appetite (maybe irritated throat), then I think you may wish to consider visiting the PD earlier.

Justina

May i know hw long your baby takes to recover from flu? i mean fully reccover with no musuc dripping from his/her nose..

dear son has been down with flu since tues and the 1st few days after taking medi his condition improve very fast.. but for the past 2-3 days, he still have those watery 'musuc' dripping from his nose...

he has been taking zyrtec for 6days alrdy... i dont know whether to continue him with the medi until he is fully reecover, or just stop it and let him recover the rest on his own or bring him to a pediatrician..
Hi apollo, regina?
poor baby, yes, taking zyrtec is important, rule of thumg is that if you started zyrtec 'late' e.g. few days after running nose starts, then, it'll take longer for full recovery and vice versa.

did you start zyrtec once you notice the running nose?

by the way, it's been cold at night lately, be sure he's is not too cold when he sleeps at night because that will prolong the running nose. dress him quickly after shower. anyone with the same flu system at home?

did you give the correct dosage? because the dosage should increase as baby weight increase. Visit my blog mumsafari - Stop before the nose runaway!-

Take care and get well soon :)

apollo

mummies, thks for the reply.. just called up the clinic, the nurse told me to bring ds down in the afternoon..

yup he fall ill easily.. as for flu, this is the 2nd time, thus i'm not v experience in dealing it as the 1st time, just 3 days, he recovered from flu.. now, i just hope his flu will recover soon and PLEASE, cough dont come at all...

and i notice he has some rashes.. the rashes is there 1 week BEFORE he was down with flu, but ytd i notice, quite a few more came out..

btw justina, yup regina here =D i didnt give ds medi right aft he sneeze cos i tot is just normal sneezing until i see his pi ti and all coming out... i heard that too much of zyrtec is not good also?

sigh~ can all the babies be healthy, PLEASE!!

Phoebii Cheng

Do u let ur bb sleep in air con?

If so, then mayb it might take longer time for ur bb to recover. You might oso want to give him more water to drink

For my son, that before he is 1 yrs old, whenever he has flu, it will take a long time for him to recover

apollo

Do you let your baby sleep in air con?

If so, then mayb it might take longer time for your baby to recover. You might also want to give him more water to drink

For my son, that before he is 1 yrs old, whenever he has flu, it will take a long time for him to recover
yes he slp in aircon room.. hmm i'm thinking of getting a humidfier to put in our aircon room at night cos i realise his skin was quite dry recently..

anw i just brought him to his pd today. his pd said his flu is actu okay, not as bad as i tot and on his way to recovery. he said actu we can just leave it and let him recover the rest on his own if we want.

but at the same time, pd found out that ds has fungal infection, cos we didnt dry his butt b4 wrapping his diaper for him. =(

diymummy

My son usually takes one week to fully recover. The worst would be the 1st 3 days.

He usually has blocked nose instead of runny nose. I only use Zyrtec when the nose is runny. If the nose is blocked, I won't use Zyrtec. I would switch to either nose drops Otrivin/Illiadin. The nose drops must be used 3 days in a row with a break of a day after that if you decide to continue using it.

Yes, agree with Phoebii mummy that sleeping air con room does slow recovery. I bought a air purifier and a humidifier for my son. I bought Maier brand. It's a pretty worthwhile investment.

sylviang

My son usually takes one week to fully recover. The worst would be the 1st 3 days.

He usually has blocked nose instead of runny nose. I only use Zyrtec when the nose is runny. If the nose is blocked, I won't use Zyrtec. I would switch to either nose drops Otrivin/Illiadin. The nose drops must be used 3 days in a row with a break of a day after that if you decide to continue using it.

Yes, agree with Phoebii mummy that sleeping air con room does slow recovery. I bought a air purifier and a humidifier for my son. I bought Maier brand. It's a pretty worthwhile investment.
You can relieve running nose naturally, without taking any medication. To know more, you can call me at 97226844 to discuss further :)

apollo

dearie, i'm consider the same brand humidfier u bought.. but the mini one which can use in car/room/travel.. just saw it few days ago, ard $65.. but himidfier is use in aircon room right? will the floor be v wet aft tt? or the aircon will 'absorb'?? :001_302:

btw what's the diffe btwn purifier n himidfier?? when to use a purifier??

camom

dearie, i'm consider the same brand humidfier you bought.. but the mini one which can use in car/room/travel.. just saw it few days ago, around $65.. but himidfier is use in aircon room right? will the floor be very wet after that? or the aircon will 'absorb'?? :001_302:

btw what's the diffe btwn purifier n himidfier?? when to use a purifier??
Purifier is to clean the air. Humidifier is to moisten the air.

diymummy

No the floor won't be wet... :)

Yes I bought the small one... The travel one.. Good enough for my son coz his room is small...

apollo

Camom, thks for explaining! =)

diy dearie, so ONLY in e aircon room u will on the humidfier? my fren say humidfier will spoilt the furniture, esp wooden ones if use for long term?? anw did u just on humidfier or on both purifier n humidfier??

think i gonna get the humidfier soon :001_302:

Justina

Hi diymummy,

Or apollo or any other mummies? How do you feed medicine to your little ones? Fuss or fuss-free? Would like to share the way I do http://mumsafari.webs.com/apps/blog/show/2774486-feeding-elden-medicine-