Foreigner Mommy Eligibility to give birth in Singapore

JaneMoo

Hi mommies! I am currently a Malaysian, who is going to register as a PR after my confinement. My bf (also husband-to-be) is a Singapore PR already and so after solemnisation, he will apply for me as well.

The question I want to ask here is, I am expecting to due on 30 Sept (yes that's soon!) so I am entering Singapore by this weekend, hopefully, as he is going to Singapore for work very soon. His idea is to get me into Singapore via visitor pass when we reach the JB border. So I enter Singapore using the visitor pass.

We had not much ideas about the regulations and documents needed to pass the immigration of Singapore. We need guidance. All the time we thought that all we need is our visa and passport. Now that my friend who is also a Singaporean told me that according to the ICA website, rules are extremely strict and we need alot of documents to pass the immigration.

What I worry the most is am I able to pass the immigration since my due date is very soon (less than 6 weeks), and my bf kept telling me it's easy, no hassle. But Im really worried and I need to make sure from reliable sources.

Anyone can help me here? Will I get deported? I dont have any crime history though, just pregnant at 9th month.
Help ?

Thanks everyone for taking time to read, hugs
Jane

lovepixie

Hi Jane,

Congrats on ur baby n solemnisation
I guess now u have given birth. Hmm a bit tricky ur situation. Ur hubby can apply long term visiting pass for u?