Formula for new born

littlesheep

when dear son was around 3-4 weeks old, he was drinking 120ml every 2 hours.. my pediatrician told me for babies who has not start solid food, just feed them on demand (be it FM or breast milk), as long as dont vomit large amount of milk means you did not over feed. or you can try using pacifier, if she is ok with it, means she just need something to suckle, if she still wail for milk, then give her...
ya..giving her pacifier now. :p

mrsmorgan

i stayed both hospital before n i tink normally they will ask your preference of the formular milk brand that you want~ I dont recall Thomson Medical Center or MT A giving me any formula brand they like but instead they asked the parents ~
so they show u a few to choose frm or they hav most of e brands there?

apollo

so they show you a few to choose frm or they hav most of e brands there?
i delivered at TMC. the nurse asked me which FM i wanna gif and i asked which brand they have and the nurse told me they have ALL the brand, just ask me to name out the brand i wan.. haha...

mrsmorgan

ouh i see.. so maybe i shld start researching now! anyway formula for newborn are ard e same price rite? $30-$40??:err:

apollo

ouh i see.. so maybe i shld start researching now! anyway formula for newborn are around e same price rite? $30-$40??:err:

yup the price is ard there... so far i noe, friso gold 1 now is ard $34, similac $41.95, enfalac ard $42 if i not wrong... :001_302:

Pwiincess

both my babies having S26 during nb. No problems with that and they grows well! Haha. Initially i gave my girl similac, but she cant poo also. So i change to s26. And now progress gold at step 3.

LoVeS

so they show you a few to choose frm or they hav most of e brands there?
eh like i say they nv show me or name me any brands ~ Basically normally they will ask the parents for their prefer choice of FM to be given to the bb~ BUT b4 tat they will ask if u wanna breastfeed instead~

My baby girl has constipation since taking solids, till now, we are using friso comfort.. Her constipation is still there, but it's better than last time? Still, she has to take medication to soften her stools as she has anus tear. :( Doc says it's better that she stop straining herself while pooing, so we are trying prunes and frisocrem wheat base, wish us luck! :)

Hi Potato, my mum used to feed my nience wif sweet potato (about 1/2) if its too big or steam 1 small pc to feed her. It resolve the constipation problem. You may want to try...

apollo

Thanks for the info mummy! May i know what fruits is good to relieve constipation? :)
papaya and banana?? but my mil says for babies dont feed too much at a time esp when u 1st intro them that food. lik papaya, she fed ds ard 4-5 teaspoon only..

Ting

not you sotong cos before dear son need friso comfort, i also dont know there is friso comfort, only know got friso gold. HAHA!!!
haha, when i heard of friso comfort, i even thought it is the same as friso gold, just tt they change name or something. :D
but i dun think i saw friso comfort arnd b4..
:shyxxx:

Ting

iirc, banana make constipation worst...no??
i used to think banana helps but actually makes it worst..
can try papaya n dragonfuit, pin always poos after consuming them.
i think apples also can help to relieve.
let your baby drink more fluids too.
depending on the age of your child, honey can also aid in poo-ing.
pin lately started to hv difficulty pooing too, n we gave her honey n she can relieve herself much better!

joycemom

hi,

Any recommended formula for new born?? my gal drink similac but cant poo poo. drink friso comfort and she is having diarrhea...

i'm so puzzled, duno which formula to change to...
Hi

my baby drink Friso comfort as recommend by PD as my baby has reflux & no poo poo ..
when i start give her FM which i not enough BF, she vomit almost all after feeding.

yes, if fully Friso comfort will get diarrhea as u mentioned, happen same to my baby.

PD advise to mix the Frisco comfort with BF or FM (Friso 1) as 50/50, its work well to my baby now. you can give her 30/70 or monitoring by yr self so long yr baby is fine with the feeding & ok to poo poo ..

Not sure its this help you :)

apollo

Hi

my baby drink Friso comfort as recommend by pediatrician as my baby has reflux & no poo poo ..
when i start give her FM which i not enough BF, she vomit almost all after feeding.

yes, if fully Friso comfort will get diarrhea as you mentioned, happen same to my baby.

pediatrician advise to mix the Frisco comfort with BF or FM (Friso 1) as 50/50, its work well to my baby now. you can give her 30/70 or monitoring by your self so long your baby is fine with the feeding & ok to poo poo ..

Not sure its this help you :)
last time ds was on half friso comfort and half friso gold but his reflux worsen. only aft we give him 100% friso comfort then his reflux improved. haha...

Got any parent that are using mamax gold(pink dophin one) for newborn, today i managed to find a shop in the east selling $51 for 1.5kg whereby other shop price is bout $60+. If you interested and wanna save yet giving your baby what's best for them, pm me. Pls do not be mistaken that i'm taking commission...hehe, just wanna share in more detail.

Enfalac - $36.80
Similac - $37.50

Last edited:

shopaholic

I'm giving Enfalac once a day, at night, to supplement my breastmilk. So far so good. In fact, had given Enfalac to all my 3 kids. All took it well.

cmeilim

ouh i see.. so maybe i shld start researching now! anyway formula for newborn are around e same price rite? $30-$40??:err:
hi mrsmorgan, why not breastfeed your baby? saves a lot of money!

hi tangzcandy, breastmilk is a lot gentler on babies' digestive system. mummy's brand is the best!

apollo

hi mrsmorgan, why not breastfeed your baby? saves a lot of money!

hi tangzcandy, breastmilk is a lot gentler on babies' digestive system. mummy's brand is the best!
YES I AGREE!!! though i didnt total bf ds but i still manage to partial bf him for 4mths. can some money! LOL!!!