Fresh milk like HL suitable for 17 month baby?

bendi

As above, my elder sis told me not to give as baby stomach is still growing and may have diarrhea.
Is it true? Anyone give their baby fresh milk like HL before?

ast0212

It's fine. I gave my baby fresh milk when he was 12 months. only after weaning at 18 months then it replaced breastmilk. Otherwise, cows milk is fine from 12 months.

pixie

I started giving my girl fresh milk when she was around 13 months. So long it is not skim milk it should be fine. Kids at this stage, does not need skim or low fat milk.

pixie

I just take out the fresh milk from the fridge and served it to her. She can stomach it and no diarrhoea, so I suppose she is fine with it.

bendi

Hi I bought the Dutch lady kids milk in small ready to drink packets.
Do I need to store them in fridge? Or leave it outside will do? I notice supermarkets they do not keep them at the chill section unlike other milk.

Amulet

Fresh milk is okay, but HL is not okay coz it's low fat.. Young children need their fats so only give fresh milk instead of low-fat milk.. anything 'low-fat' or skimmed is not suitable for them..

The Dutch Lady u bought is UHT milk.. dont buy those coz many enzymes have been kill through the Ultra Heat Treatment process.. Just still to fresh milk, those that need to keep in fridge..

Wen my girl was so young, i warm it up in a bottle for her.. Sometimes during middle of a hot day, thn i serve it to her cold.. Now she is 4+, she had been opening the fridge and drinking it straight from carton since 1 yr ago..