Friso vs Enfa

AngieTan

Hi mummies,

I need advice on whether I should change from Friso to Enfa cos I noticed that there is a HUGE difference in terms of the value of DHA and AA/ARA between the two, Enfa being the one with a higher value...

Also, what should I look out for to see whether the FM I am feeding my boy is suitable or not? Is it to look out for the poo that it should not be too hard or too runny? What else to look out for?

My boy used to be on Enfa when he was a newborn but he regurgitated often on that so someone suggested that I try Friso which is "thicker" and true enough, the regurgitation did stop... My only concern however now is the DHA and AA/ARA value and it seems to be that I should be feeding a FM that is highest in value as compared to all other FM available here just so that my boy can benefit from it...

Would appreciate your advices... Thanks... :001_302:

aahdorr

my bb was on friso . birth was on nan but suddenly not eating the whole day n i change to enfa , end up too heaty got style eye dunno is allergic also n still feeding is too little like 60ml when she was 3mth .. den i change to friso till now is fine she feedin ar 6oz now i hope she can drink more but she beri playful she even lie down drinking if not the head will turn here n there ...

AngieTan

my bb was on friso . birth was on nan but suddenly not eating the whole day n i change to enfa , end up too heaty got style eye dunno is allergic also n still feeding is too little like 60ml when she was 3mth .. den i change to friso till now is fine she feedin ar 6oz now i hope she can drink more but she beri playful she even lie down drinking if not the head will turn here n there ...
I think really depends on individual babies hor? Sigh... So hard to decide...

How old is your girl? My boy gets very distracted when drinking milk too and will turn his head a lot... So hard to feed! =.="

aahdorr

She goin to b 6mth on the 28th . Ya true I oso wish to feed her enfa but she dislike n unfit .. Mayb for next bb lol

AngieTan

She goin to b 6mth on the 28th . Ya true I oso wish to feed her enfa but she dislike n unfit .. Mayb for next bb lol
Wah... 6 months and drinking 6 oz already! You go, girl! Haha... My boy already 8 months plus and only recently increase his feeding to 6 oz... I was quite worried intially cos since birth, he did not take much milk but people tell me as long as he is growing and putting weight then I should not worry... So I lessened the worry but of course sometimes still will lah... Haha...

Enfa and Friso I think Friso smells nicer and it tastes sweeter and richer... I am worried about the regurgitation problem again if my boy is back on Enfa cos it's very "watery" and someone told me that cos watery that's why will be easy to travel back again unlike Friso which is thicker... I don't know how true but the regurgitation did stop after my boy was on Friso... But then again, that was when he was in the early first 3 months so regurgitation seems common? Gonna try again see how... Now gradually doing the change-over...

How come you also want your girl to take Enfa? And what you mean by "unfit"?

AngieTan

I am feeding my baby Nestle Nan.. Tried Fisco, but the baby ended up not pooping.. Didn't try the other brands..
Ya, I guess depends on individual again hor? Cos my boy's pooping was fine with Friso... Like most people say that brands like S26 or Similac are heaty so many babies end up being constipated but then again, there are mummies who said their babies pooped just fine when on those 2 brands... So ya... Can't compare hor? Hehe... =P

How many days has to lapse before the baby is considered constipated? My baby poops once every 2 days.. I think it's ok as the poop is not hard, and is quite a lot.. But, my mother in law thinks that once in 2 days is considered too little, and should poop once a day..

Any comments?

AngieTan

How many days has to lapse before the baby is considered constipated? My baby poops once every 2 days.. I think it's ok as the poop is not hard, and is quite a lot.. But, my mother in law thinks that once in 2 days is considered too little, and should poop once a day..

Any comments?
I think 3 to 5 days? Not quite sure cos once my boy did not poop for 3 days and I got worried but I guess if the poo is still okay in texture, then it should be fine...

My boy poops once everyday now or once in 2 days so it really depends... As long as each time his poo is not hard, it doesn't matter bah...

aahdorr

My gal poo poo was 1-2 days oso .. Unfit like poo is hard n gt blood n she caught a style eye ( yan zhen ) after she drink enfa .. :(

aahdorr

Wow u goin hav n #2 ..if I can afford I sure want lol but my this gal is so handful x.x n jus 6mth .. I will b a crazy women to hav 2 now

I think 3 to 5 days? Not quite sure cos once my boy did not poop for 3 days and I got worried but I guess if the poo is still okay in texture, then it should be fine...

My boy poops once everyday now or once in 2 days so it really depends... As long as each time his poo is not hard, it doesn't matter bah...
Yap, that's what I think too.. As long as the poop is not hard or bloody...

AngieTan

My gal poo poo was 1-2 days oso .. Unfit like poo is hard n gt blood n she caught a style eye ( yan zhen ) after she drink enfa .. :(
I see I see... Ya Friso is sweet and it tastes good to me! Haha... But my friend told me breastmilk is also sweet (I think she tasted hers?) so many babies take to Friso really well... Don't know how true... Hehe...

Ya I know Enfa is really taxing on the pocket, compared to Friso and with 2nd one on the way, it's gonna be even worse... But I just feel that if it's really good, we just have to spend less on other things...

Yes, I know it's crazy to have another one right now... Your girl is 6 months old, not much different from my boy now... I think you can imagine... =P But what to do? It just happened so I guess it's fate bah... Hehe... It took us 2 and a half years to conceive my boy wihout taking any precautions so we never thought it will happen so fast... Is it true that women after giving birth more fertile?

At first I was worried and stressed but right now, I think I am looking forward to it... Another thing is, I am not getting any younger so faster produce close factory also good! Haha... Like people tell me, it's gonna be real tough lah but at least one time 辛苦 then after that will be better le... I guess bah... =)

Last edited:
i have just recently switched my son to similac. he was previously drinking enfalac stage 1 and had no problems. however when we switched him to enfapro stage 2 he had bad constipation and he forced his poopoo so badly that his anus area got injured and we discovered blood in his stools! had to bring him to the PD to insert supporsitory to allow him to poopoo smoothly. now since putting him on similac he seems to be doing much better. at least poopoo is softer and he don't cry when trying to push out his poopoo anymore.

sept2980

BabyandMilk Supply (facebook web page)

Please like the page to get latest updates!

Below is the latest price list for the milk. Let me know if you wish to place order. Delivery will be done by external courier to your doorstep (cheaper and more reliable than Taqbin).

Thanks for taking time to read this email.

Prices are fixed and is for self collection only.

Similac 1 900g $55
Similac 2 1.8kg $93
Gain iq 1.8kg $72
Gain kid 1.8kg $65

Total comfort series for Abbott also available. Isomil too.

Enfa 1 1.8kg $100
Enfa2 1.8kg $92
Enfa 3 1.8kg $74
Enfa 4 1.8kg $67

Friso 1 900g $47
Friso 2 1.8kg $75
Friso 3 1:8kg $65
Friso 4 1.8kg $55

Pediasure vanilla 1.6kg $72.5
Pediasure sachets strawberry , choco, vanilla $2 each

Mamil milk available too!

All sg stock (same as ntuc)

What's app 91290316 to place order

Collection venue:
1. Bl 47 Ayer Rajah Crescent

2. Blk 606 clementi west st 1

3. Blk 54 Toh Tuck (Signature Park Condo)

4. Blk 7223 Jurong West Ave 5 (weekends only)

5. Blk 124 Jurong east st 13 (Ivory Heights) (weekends only)