Full Month Buffet

GlynnisBaby

Hi,

I have attended a buffet party for baby first month where both vegetarian and normal food are served. The vegetarian is very lousy but the other food is great. I think sometimes it will be good if you order the vegetarian separately as the caterer are usually not specialize in cooking vegetarian food so does not produces high standards.

stonston

Continental Delights almost destroyed my wedding. I will nvr go back to them, even for my workplace's functions, we order from others.
Another bad experience is Four Seasons Catering for my son's full month. Food was expensive and not worth the price and some dishes (vege and meat) were sour before we even started our buffet!

Good caterers I've tried so far (not sure if they hv vegetarian food):
CJS catering
Manna Pot
Smiling Orchid
Select Catering/Stamford Catering (halal branch of select)
YLS
Elsie's Kitchen
Neo Garden
Peng's Catering (This is the best, but not halal so only get them for family events)

These are tried and tested caterers for small and big company functions in my office and even personal functions in my family.

jal

Continental Delights almost destroyed my wedding. I will never go back to them, even for my workplace's functions, we order from others.
Another bad experience is Four Seasons Catering for my son's full month. Food was expensive and not worth the price and some dishes (vege and meat) were sour before we even started our buffet!

Good caterers I've tried so far (not sure if they have vegetarian food):
CJS catering
Manna Pot
Smiling Orchid
Select Catering/Stamford Catering (halal branch of select)
YLS
Elsie's Kitchen
Neo Garden
Peng's Catering (This is the best, but not halal so only get them for family events)

These are tried and tested caterers for small and big company functions in my office and even personal functions in my family.
Wow, what did Continental Delights do?

redjn

try below also not bad :

1) Deli Hub
2) Food Talks
3) Purple Sage (this is good but they are quite costly)

Last edited:

maybebaby

Re: Full Month Buffet - BabyFirstMonth.com

Can try Baby First Month.

They provided Free Full Month Favours for guests for my goog friend's baby full month party.. Very interesting.

I lwas quite impressed cos thay have dishes which are not so common like the regular caterers. I really liked their prawns in Singapore chilli crab sauce. It was served with Man Tou. Vey yummy!

My sis catered their food for her housewarming - their Assam Fish was surprisingly good - I was hoping to tabao some home but all finished. Haha..

Not sure if they can do vegetarian but their tofu dish was good too so maybe you call them to enquire.

Their website www.babyfirstmonth.com

ohstrawberry

I agreed with stonston, Continental Delight really cannot make it.
Few yrs ago, I ordered tea reception for my wedding customary day to serve my relatives who came to my house, in the end most commented the food is so little and already cold when arrived. And they were late too. Somemore i ordered for 30pax while my guests that day only about 25 i thought got leftover, in the end so pai seh, not enough la.
From then onwards, i really discouraged all my friends to order from them.

Had tried Chilli Padi Nonya and Elsie Kitchen, food portion alot and service are good and punctual.
Had also tried Neo Garden at my friend's house warming, also good.

iwan2noe

Neo Garden is not bad.
I second you! The food from Neo Garden is nice and tasty! Portion enough for the no. of pax ordered :)

Ordered from them for my customary wedding reception and wow! the taste is Superb! =P

Been a avid fans of my family for buffet catering

SunShine07

I second you! The food from Neo Garden is nice and tasty! Portion enough for the no. of pax ordered :)

Ordered from them for my customary wedding reception and wow! the taste is Superb! =P

Been a avid fans of my family for buffet catering
yah, got a lot of comment from my relative that their cereal prawn and curry and also the fish very nice....almost all nice, they decor the food nicely also. I used this for my son's first month. Then for first birthday i use the other one, food not very nice, and disappointed also.

kohym

Alpha Male
The food from Neo Garden is nice and tasty! Portion enough for the no. of pax ordered :)
so if i have 100 guests, i should order for 100? Is there a buffer?

i dun want a situation not enough food, nor too much leftovers, how should i tackle?

thks :)

adelynn

so if i have 100 guests, i should order for 100? Is there a buffer?

i dont want a situation not enough food, nor too much leftovers, how should i tackle?

thks :)
My mum's method of 'calculating'... order 5 pax for every 7 and funnily, it seems to work every single time, i wld have very minimal left overs or no left overs. :)

kohym

Alpha Male
My mum's method of 'calculating'... order 5 pax for every 7 and funnily, it seems to work every single time, i wld have very minimal left overs or no left overs. :)
that will be 71%.

i called up Neo Gdn and they insist that they go for quality and that each guest will have just enuf to eat. the staff told me order 9 for every 10. my mum feels should order 8 for every 10.

TANZHENZHI

Yeah Neo Garden the best! I also order for my son 1st birthday celebration which is this coming Sunday! :) Their food and decorations is nice!! I've try Select Catering for my wedding day also nice. :001_302:

xicloudix

Anyone can share what "package" they took for neo garden??? so many too choose from, and not really have pic to show what exactly the dish is... so a bit confusing