Full Mth Celebration/Baby Shower - Preparation/Resources/Planning/Venue

stonston

Re: 1st Mth celebration

i have big family...plus happen it was CHINESE NEW YEAR (catering was so exp!!)

for frens n colleagues we had lunch buffet @ my place for 80pax...

then for relatives n v close family frens, we had banquet dinner @ a small restaurant near my parent's place....onli $200 per table for 10 course dinner....we had 11 tables...n dinner was extremely good....i still remember e steam fish, the herbal chicken, drunken prawns n e dessert!!! yum yum!!
restaurant provided AKK n red eggs for us :)

ragdoll

i have big family...plus happen it was CHINESE NEW YEAR (catering was so exp!!)

for frens n colleagues we had lunch buffet @ my place for 80pax...

then for relatives n v close family frens, we had banquet dinner @ a small restaurant near my parent's place....onli $200 per table for 10 course dinner....we had 11 tables...n dinner was extremely good....i still remember e steam fish, the herbal chicken, drunken prawns n e dessert!!! yum yum!!
restaurant provided AKK n red eggs for us :)
Wah! Like mini wedding! Must have cost alot!

LoVeS

Most ppl held it at home?
Headache now la, PIL suggested doing a Hi Tea or buffet lunch style, which I think is good too, coz dowanna clear up the mess at home later.
But, so clueless on where to find venue that costs less than $20/pax.
Go eat chinese buffet lor, i had my ds full mth @ chinese restaurant for buffet, dim sum i tink 15++/pax

Ah Cheng

Hey, baby full month celebration can be 2 days?
Cos got so many friends and relatives, was thinking of spliting it into 2 days. Can be 2 days celebration?

January84

Re: Baby Full month celebration

my cousins all do in a day with 2 timings. . .

eg relatives in the lunch slot and friends/colligs in the evening slot. . .
BB can rest in between too. . .

one of my collig did 2 days, one on sat and 1 on sun, too tiring for bb as keep throwing tramtums on the 2nd day, think too tired...

depends on individual bb and tradition too. . .

DodoTan

Cos got so many friends and relatives, was thinking of spliting it into 2 days. Can be 2 days celebration?
Why not? I'm Chinese and my hubby is Malay so we everything must do double. We had 2 weddings (1 day chinese, 1 day malay) and 2 1st month celebration (1 day chinese, 1 day malay). No choice, both my hubby and I are 1st born, so everything must have. hahaha...:twink:

Last edited:

CanCanMum

2 days are ok, if everything squeezed into 1 day and especially if the house gets too packed and overwhelming then will disturb bb's sleep.

actually they will sleep thru the ceremony oso rite? so as long as dun disturb bb sleeping time is ok.

oso u will need time and space to feed him too (if bf then need more privacy)

serenelm

actually i prefer 2 days... cos for both ds, we had it on 1 day oni, i.e. for both frens, relatives n family (many siblings)... so house was overcrowded... end up i was very tired... couldn't really spend much time talking to ppl cos too busy monitoring the food, topping up drinks, taking care of baby, feeding baby etc...

tis time round, i'm still tinking whether to invite frens or not... if yes, i'll definitely do it over 2 days so tat i can spend quality time wif my family n frens separately... can least can chat wif them, rather than rushing all over the place...

CanCanMum

yup i oso find that, coz my relatives came to my place to cook all the food for me, in the end i got to clean up the whole kitchen myself!!

perhaps can fix a date on the lunar calender and then another on the english date. Maybe friends take the english date one and relatives take the lunar date one. (Coz sometimes they can be quite pantang)

Pwiincess

I think two days is fine. I remb my girl's shower. OMG! I was running all over the place, not taking care of the guests properly.
For her one year old birthday, I will maybe do it on two days or two sessions.

watodo

Alpha Male

yeah, did mine in 2 days too. one at my place and one at my in-law's. simply too many relatives to handle.

Ah Cheng

There are pros and cons for doing 2 days.

Pro - can entertain the guest better, and baby can have some rest.
Con - need to pay 2 transportation charges

I did 2 sessions (lunch and dinner) on same day. Baby was so tired cos didnt sleep in the afternoon, which he slept throughout the evening. Those guests who came for dinner didnt manage to see or carry baby.

lonerjas

Hmm i did mine on 1 day... Cos we decided on buffets so we did it 5 days earlier on a SUn..

Then actual day we send cakes to those relatives who we did not invite. Total damage: $750