Full Mth Celebration/Baby Shower - Preparation/Resources/Planning/Venue

ragdoll

Hi mummies.

How did you celebrate your babies' 1st month and where was it held?
Whats the overall cost?
Did you give away cakes as well?

Was hoping to do a buffet thingy at his parents place, coz hubby dowanna mess up our own hse. FIL suggested we hold it at some resturant instead and just invite immediate family members. However, we'd like to invite close frds as well, so at a lost now.
Dun really like the idea of a chalet too. :embarrassed:

yen

Re: 1st Mth celebration

We cater buffet at our house for my gal full mth celebration... I only give cakes to relatives and afew close friends... Think overall plus cake spend around 1k plus minus....:rolleyes:

vodkager

held buffet at mil's place.. we din cakes to friends at all.. just immediate family members..

LoVeS

For me we had lunch buffet @ chinese restaurant wif close relatives n sum of my really close gfs.

Agnes Josephine

I had buffet for my ds's baby shower... I invited my friends, mummies from other fourm, both side's relatives & dh's friends... Didn't give out any cakes... Red eggs done by mil...

CynCyn

I held a buffet at my place , invited my friends & family members . For the buffet is minimum 30pax . So $10/pax . Buffet $300+ .
Cakes I can't remember how much it costs . We ordered 20 boxes and given only to family members .

Ting

food was cooked by my auntie...gv one of them 100 as hongbao, another aunt don wanna accept...packet drinks oso she paid...but we ordered many cakes..thnk abt 70-80 boxes.

xiaodaisy

don tink chalet is a gd idea cos 1mth is way too small for tis kinda places i did at hse wif buffet n of cos wif cakes to give out afterall abt 1k pls like tat loh but don worry sure get back e money de lah haha

Agnes Josephine

don tink chalet is a gd idea cos 1mth is way too small for tis kinda places i did at hse wif buffet n of cos wif cakes to give out afterall abt 1k pls like tat loh but don worry sure get back e money de lah haha

I agreed... Cuz most people will give ang pows & on that day, my ds's the richest person... :tlaugh:

CynCyn

Ya lo most ppl give ang baos so can recoup the expenses spent .
Chalet for full mth dont sound ideal . Maybe I pantang .
If 1yr old bday at chalet still can consider .

cendrine

we had buffet at home with close frens and relatives.
and we also gave away 150 boxes of cakes to both side.

XiaoXue

For my DS 1st mth celebration is buffet @ his parent house.. invited are almost all his relatives & frds and my mum & sis.. we gave out cake / kueh & egg set to both side of relatives, friends & neighbour.. I can't recall how much we ordered le.. cos it like almost 5 yrs ago.. =X

ragdoll

Most ppl held it at home?
Headache now la, PIL suggested doing a Hi Tea or buffet lunch style, which I think is good too, coz dowanna clear up the mess at home later.
But, so clueless on where to find venue that costs less than $20/pax.

xiaodaisy

Most ppl held it at home?
Headache now la, PIL suggested doing a Hi Tea or buffet lunch style, which I think is good too, coz dowanna clear up the mess at home later.
But, so clueless on where to find venue that costs less than $20/pax.
we do at hm cos bb too small for outdoors.. :tlaugh::tlaugh:

wilcris

I celebrate it at my home. Seperate to 2 days. Cause too many ppl and house not that big..haha.Buffet for both.. den DIY the red eggs and order Ang ku kueh..

CynCyn

There's ppl who hold their child full month with high tea / lunch buffet .
My relatives did that , book half of the place 30pax and held their full month there .

Chalet is very unlikely people hold full month there unless is 1yrs old bday .

At home hold buffet is much more convenient & at the comfort of yr home .

lisa_ng

u may want to consider namly lounge from kriston catering. very nice air con sit down place for celebration. my rom celebration was done there. very nice food & atmosphere. the venue is free as long as u cater their buffet as they own the lounge. free parking also. but the location a bit diificult to get in if no transport. everything else was gd. u may want to check ore detail on kriston website or call michael he's in charge of namly lounge 64651208.
Kriston Food & Beverage Pte Ltd

my baby full mth was done at the linkway below my block. food from neo garden. they give discount for baby full mth. food was good though still prefer kriston.

i also don't like the idea of chalet. pantang for one reason & some chalets looks quite run down.

angbao receive from friends & relatives were more than enough to cover the cost of buffet for both my rom & baby full mth.

hope this helps

ragdoll

There's ppl who hold their child full month with high tea / lunch buffet .
My relatives did that , book half of the place 30pax and held their full month there .

Chalet is very unlikely people hold full month there unless is 1yrs old bday .

At home hold buffet is much more convenient & at the comfort of yr home .
Cyn, where did ur relative hold the celebration?