Full Mth Celebration/Baby Shower - Preparation/Resources/Planning/Venue

diymummy

Why not have it the weekend before the actual day? That's what I did.

Usually I'd prefer holding it the weekend before actual day than the weekend after. My reasoning is that I'd like to celebrate a birthday or christmas days before rather than after.

Ting

many ppl r pantang, can only hold b4 the actual day n not after..
i also held it on the weekend b4 the actual day cos was a weekday. :)

TANZHENZHI

Yes i heard from my MIL that birthday or full month cannot hold after the actual so i hold my baby full month on weekends before his actual day as it falls on weekday too. So it's better you celebrate before the actual day. ;)Not sure if you pantang anot...

apple_san

my MIL is a super traditional ppl. And for her, full month celebration party can hold aft the actual day. Only tat praying and send gift to relatives cannot aft actual day.

Feliz

Can i hold the full month about 10days before?? for example bb born on 22nov09 but den full month do on 12dec09??

diymummy

I feel is can. If your baby is not easily scared by noises and stuff like that, should be ok. Just scared baby cannot tahan. Because 10days before means baby is only 3 weeks?

Why don't do on 19th dec?

Feliz

I feel is can. If your baby is not easily scared by noises and stuff like that, should be ok. Just scared baby cannot tahan. Because 10days before means baby is only 3 weeks?

Why dont't do on 19th dec?

Reason y i wan to do it eariler its becos hubby will be flying to china on 13th dec for work training so i tot wan to do it before hubby fly on e 13th and also i don think i can handle alone if hubby not around with me to do dd first month.. :eek:11:

diymummy

Ooooo.. I see I see...

Ok... Then no choice bah.. I think it's ok to do earlier lar... Also coz I not pantang type.

Maybe keep it small.. Better for baby (Less germs going around), and better for you (Less organising headache). That time my baby full month I only invited family and relatives. My baby 1 year old then invite friends.

Feliz

Ooooo.. I see I see...

Ok... Then no choice bah.. I think it's ok to do earlier ... Also coz I not pantang type.

Maybe keep it small.. Better for baby (Less germs going around), and better for you (Less organising headache). That time my baby full month I only invited family and relatives. My baby 1 year old then invite friends.
Yup.. will discuss with in laws n hubby den.. cant do small small cos hubby side alot of reletives den if i wan to invite, must invite everybody one lor.. Si beh mah fan.. :we3goofy:

yyt47

Thanks for all the replies...just curious so whats the "pantang" thing that will happen if decided to hold it after....

We are not pantang type & it's for us as parents to decide on the full mth celebrations...MIL & parents side ok with our decision...

helenlee

Good Buffet To Recomand

Hi, I am thinking of celebrating my baby full month but don know which buffet is good. Anyone can share

camom

Re: Good Buffet To Recomand

I used Angeli's & ordered extra finger foods like satays, fishballs, otah, chicken wings, etc, for the kids from another supplier. The food went fast!

Ottermum

I had Neo Garden during my son's full month...food not bad but portion is pathetic...we had to send my brother go buy some food outside...quite embarrassing...:shyxxx:

my sister in law ordered from 美好99... food is delicious i couldn't stop eating! their dessert Almond Bean curd with Longan's very good :001_302:

Hi mummies

I am planning a b'day do for my boys too..

How about e-creative, is their buffet good too? Pricing wise i find they are more affordable as compared to neo garden...

Your comments is highly appreciated!