George Mariamma @ KK Hospital - Feedbacks anybody? Maternity experiences?

Rashmikalburgie

Hello Everybody,

I am 24 pregnant and previously I was seeing Dr Shamini Nair from Raffles. Recently she gave me her delivery package which is costing me a bomb so i decided to look for another doctor. Now I have decided to go with Dr Mariamma George. Could any mummy's please share their experience with Dr Mariamma George? I have to book an appointment with her soon. Any piece of advise on her will be good. Also please do share her delivery package.

Looking forward for the info.

Thanks,
Rashmi

Hi Rashmi,

so did you go ahead with Dr. Mariamma?
How is she?

I am thinking to refer her too, so would appreciate your feedback or thoughts.

Lady Kin

Hello Everybody,

I am 24 pregnant and previously I was seeing Dr Shamini Nair from Raffles. Recently she gave me her delivery package which is costing me a bomb so i decided to look for another doctor. Now I have decided to go with Dr Mariamma George.Could any mummy's please share their experience with Dr Mariamma George? I have to book an appointment with her soon. Any piece of advise on her will be good. Also please do share her delivery package.

Looking forward for the info.

Thanks,
Rashmi

Hi Rashmi,

May I know how much is the delivery package with Dr Sharmini in RH? Tot of getting her too but I want to know wat the cost like? My 2nd option is Dr Marriamma George too. Have you seen her? Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Syikin

oh, so 7 weeks only. then i guess you most probably would have an early scan, once u go there.
and if your baby is big enough, u might even be able to see it :)

so how are u feeling these days?

Lady Kin

Yeah.. Hope so. Im feeling sick. Nausea the whole day & nite. Hope it will go off when I reach 12 weeks.. How about u?

Oh, Ive heard morning sickness is really awful, sp when u dont have a fixed time for it!
but yeah, u are right, it would go off after 12-13 weeks.
So uve already covered more than half of the journey :)

Thankfully, i didnt have regular nausea, just maybe a couple of days.
though i have been having short breath & heart palpitations quite often. which dr. george said is okay since our hearts are working extra now!

how is ur hunger these days?
Do you feel hungry often?

Hi Rashmi,

so did you go ahead with Dr. Mariamma?
How is she?

I am thinking to refer her too, so would appreciate your feedback or thoughts.
so i saw this doctor recently and below is my experience. i would warn anyone before seeing her. unfortunately, i got unlucky and saw her as my first doctor in kk hospital.

She was bad when i visited her in april 2017 and may 2017
she seemed to brush me off when i visited her , wasn't too interested in my case
i had to get her opinion on whether or not to remove an cyst next to my ovary
i had visited two doctors before her in other hospital who recommended surgery but came only to KK as my insurance had more coverage for public hospitals in singapore
the previous doctors recommended removing the cyst
this doctor george said it was 'upto me"
I had a feeling she was bad since the first time i saw her, so i stormed out of the room with this despicable excuse for a doctor's opinion and said i will get another doctor's opinion in the hospital
when i was leaving she asked whether i needed to get a referral letter to see another doctor
i mistakenly said no, as i'm an expat here didn't realize i need it for my insurance
when i followed up on this case later, she and her nurse both had the audacity to deny my request for the referral letter
they both know im going into surgery to remove this cyst with another doctor in the same hospital and needed this referral for insurance claim
they both had the audacity to lie and say that the doctor didn't offer to write one at the end of my consultation too
it's a simple referral letter
she's given a wrong consultation telling me it's upto me to remove the cysts when 2 doctors before her and one doctor after her in the same hospital recommended me to do the surgery
and she's lied about writing the letter and denied a very normal request of writing one knowing that i need it for claiming the surgery on my insurance
so what else can i say about my consultation with this "doctor"? it's s shame as she makes the whole of KK women's hospital look bad and is a bad egg in the nest. I had a reason for changing doctors and I hope she doesn't stay being a doctor for long so others don't have to come across such a bad, but more sadly, wrong service too.

kikaytrekkie

I am sorry to say that I cannot recommend doctor George to anyone.

I have had a really terrible consistent experience with her and I am not the only one.

Just read here on this expat forum:
http://www.expatsingapore.com/forum/index.php/topic,13410.0.html

I began my journey with her in 2015. You'd think by now she can calmly sit me down and explain her side to an irate patient considering how she handles women giving birth.
This feedback will echo the more recent horrible experiences.
She is rude and uncaring. I went through colposcopy 3x with her. It hurt and was really painful each time. all she said, i dont understand why you say youre in pain, it's not supposed to hurt you know. and am like, dude, will i have my legs spread open and act like i'm in pain when i could be somewhere else??? i told her flat out well i am not acting doc!
then i booked her yesterday, so if i did go through a procedure with her, i had her time for another 30mins to an hour. but while i was on the phone with my hr to make sure i am in the room with the doctor to get the right worded messages for my hr and her, this rude doctor said go do that outside while i see another patient then come back in when youre done.
and i'm like, i have you for at leasts 30mins because i have an appointment with you. else this should be on queue to begin with and no need for a text from kk hospital confirming my appointment.
she is rude and cold and no longer deserve to be that position of consultation. people go to her while vulnerable and she is cold and rude.

Krishbav

so i saw this doctor recently and below is my experience. i would warn anyone before seeing her. unfortunately, i got unlucky and saw her as my first doctor in kk hospital.

She was bad when i visited her in april 2017 and may 2017
she seemed to brush me off when i visited her , wasn't too interested in my case
i had to get her opinion on whether or not to remove an cyst next to my ovary
i had visited two doctors before her in other hospital who recommended surgery but came only to KK as my insurance had more coverage for public hospitals in singapore
the previous doctors recommended removing the cyst
this doctor george said it was 'upto me"
I had a feeling she was bad since the first time i saw her, so i stormed out of the room with this despicable excuse for a doctor's opinion and said i will get another doctor's opinion in the hospital
when i was leaving she asked whether i needed to get a referral letter to see another doctor
i mistakenly said no, as i'm an expat here didn't realize i need it for my insurance
when i followed up on this case later, she and her nurse both had the audacity to deny my request for the referral letter
they both know im going into surgery to remove this cyst with another doctor in the same hospital and needed this referral for insurance claim
they both had the audacity to lie and say that the doctor didn't offer to write one at the end of my consultation too
it's a simple referral letter
she's given a wrong consultation telling me it's upto me to remove the cysts when 2 doctors before her and one doctor after her in the same hospital recommended me to do the surgery
and she's lied about writing the letter and denied a very normal request of writing one knowing that i need it for claiming the surgery on my insurance
so what else can i say about my consultation with this "doctor"? it's s shame as she makes the whole of KK women's hospital look bad and is a bad egg in the nest. I had a reason for changing doctors and I hope she doesn't stay being a doctor for long so others don't have to come across such a bad, but more sadly, wrong service too.
sad to hear the bad experience. We thought to consult her for ovary cyst. so now dropped the plan. May I know your status after cyst removal? Mine is 3.7x3.2mm right ovary cyst.

Krishbav

Hi Rashmi,

May I know how much is the delivery package with Dr Sharmini in RH? Tot of getting her too but I want to know wat the cost like? My 2nd option is Dr Marriamma George too. Have you seen her? Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Syikin
May i know is she ok to consult for ovary cyst issue?

Arcz

sad to hear the bad experience. We thought to consult her for ovary cyst. so now dropped the plan. May I know your status after cyst removal? Mine is 3.7x3.2mm right ovary cyst.
Hi Krishbav, please let me know which Doctor are you consulting. I am suffering from Endometriosis Cyst as well and looking for reliable Doctor for laproscopy. Any suggestions from the group here. Please help !

Krishbav

Hi Krishbav, please let me know which Doctor are you consulting. I am suffering from Endometriosis Cyst as well and looking for reliable Doctor for laproscopy. Any suggestions from the group here. Please help !
We consulting Dr.Hemahree from SGH. our appointment is coming week. Heard she is good.