Get sick easily after giving birth

PTB7476

is it just me or wat. I notice my immune system has become weak since giving birth. Prior to pregnant and during pregnancy I dun catch flu /cold easily but since giving birth and after cofinement I have flu that come with fever easily and it is monthly event. Wonder what can I do to build up my immune system cos if I sick.. Very hard to take care of bb and I also worry he catch the bug from me sob sob. Every time I have flu he will show sign and symptom of cough etc poor thing .

Any advice ?

Edwinie

i think it's just you.. during pregnancy, i had a flu. i was told by the doc that the immune system is weaker during pregnancy.

maybe u can see a doc and ask for vitamins and supplements to build your immune system?

Mummy to Baby V

I feel healthier since pregnancy and delivery, most likely because took the extra effort to eat well and take good care of myself. I keep reminding myself that I've to be healthy to be a full-time mother.

You may seek help from a dietitian? Or read up on building immunity system.
All the best! :)

apollo

i often fall ill during pregnancy and 1st few mths of motherhood. i think the 1st few mths was becos i was lack of rest. My immunity become better aft ds slp thru the night. Becos i;m not having very good immunity in the 1st place so if i dont fall ill for ard 2-3mths, consider very good alrdy. =D

PTB7476

I eat well and most of time sleep well that's I dun understand mayb the only diff is I dun exercise haha guess need to start that

Priya Diva

Hi

I take fish oil , drink plenty of water and take indian herbal medicine to boost my immunity as well as to breasfeed. I try my max to eat well and on time. Resting is also essential...:)

diymummy

I make sure I rest enough, eat well and drink enough water. I also take fish oil when still breastfeeding, vit c as well as colostrum capsules.

Mummy to Baby V

Another thing is if hubby feels a little unwell, he would wear mask and sleep in another room to prevent passing the bacteria to baby and I. He understands that I cannot afford to fall ill, else he'd have to take leave and help out.

Narhs, dont worry u r not alone..
Before i got pregnant, im the kind who fall sick like only once or twice a year. Get drenched in the rain shower cold water also nth kind.
During my pregnancy, ultra healthy with no morning sickness or any other problem except for water retention in the later stage. Was still able to run n jump abt, worked till my 39th week.

However, after delivering my boy n starting work, kept falling ill very often. Usually he is the one who pass the bug to me. But i guess th cause is, confinement never do properly, never eat well balance diet, never rest enough.
So... I think its still up to individual. =))

znljubica

If you want to strengthen immunity, I suggest you to eat healthy. Signs, onion, garlic, chili peppers, meat, oranges, tangerines, lemons, fish, tuna, etc.. Stay away from chocolate. Shun away from energy and forest **** tablets. Yogurt is also a good thing. In the morning you can drink green tea.