Going to funeral or wedding dinner during pregnancy

Excited hubby

Alpha Male
Hi all,

Anyone heard anything on these. My wife is due next month and we have been avoiding any "red" or "white" events except for one during her 1st 2 weeks of pregnancy which we do not know.

Even if we avoid, can we still give condenlence money and red packets?

kenxf_03

Hi Excited Hubby,

For me, I only try to avoid the "white" events. I attended my ex-boss's wedding when I'm 4 mth preggie. I guess all this depends on individual ba.

If u are not attending any of the events, the giving of an ang bao for weddings or condenlence money for whire events shld be alrite.

apollo

try to avoid funeral.. for wedding i suppose can, unless ur are super pantang.. i didnt attend wedding when i was preg but i attended ROM ceremony..

Gem2505

hmm.. so far, i avoid funerals... wedding wise, there's 1 coming up in Oct. so was asking if the bride n groom ok anot. if they ok, i will attend. afraid that some couples will mind..
when i had my wedding last yr OCt, there are at least 3 pregnant ladies around lor. we're ok, they're ok also.

hmm.. think other people's baby full month we cannot attend right? esp cannot go into confinement room.. cannot go hospital and home to visit newborn+mummy.

igal_76

I attended weddings but not funerals. I wasnt pantang and wanted to attend 1 funeral but it's more like others may mind eg the other party's family members

apollo

hmm.. so far, i avoid funerals... wedding wise, there's 1 coming up in Oct. so was asking if the bride n groom ok anot. if they ok, i will attend. afraid that some couples will mind..
when i had my wedding last yr OCt, there are at least 3 pregnant ladies around . we're ok, they're ok also.

hmm.. think other people's baby full month we cannot attend right? esp cannot go into confinement room.. cannot go hospital and home to visit newborn+mummy.
for full mth, i think just dun enter the confinement room will do.

ehh i rmb my hub's fren's wife was preg when they attended our wedding, tt time her tummy was v big alrdy, haha..

chiro

its up to the individual actually .i attended at least 2 funeral wakes when i was heavily pregnant hehe.but again, you can pass money to people for red or white events if you are not comfortable

shopaholic

I avoided funerals, but giving condolence money is alright. That's still my gesture to the family although I cant be there physically.

As for weddings, I will attend unless it's very late in my pregnancy where I feel discomfort in walking or even going out, then yes, I will try to rest at home instead. As for red packet, it's a must even if I'm not attending.

redjn

Based on understanding :

White - must totally avoid but condolences token is ok.

Red - only avoid when before 3mths old & last mth of due delivery date.

cmeilim

hubby and i have no such superstitions nor inhibitions. our main concern is always the other party - our relatives or friends who are the subject of the event, be it red or white. we attend the events becos we want to show concern for our relatives and friends, and we believe our relatives and friends will appreciate it. however we will also check with them if they are comfortable with us coming. if not, then we won't go because our whole point is to have their interests at heart and we will respect their wishes.

so far, not encountered any white event during my pregnancies. but we did bring our newborn to attend a good friend's father's funeral wake when he was just five few days old. attended one wedding when pregnant and didn't go for another three because the couple had elderly relatives who would mind.

Jacelynling

Hi all,

Anyone heard anything on these. My wife is due next month and we have been avoiding any "red" or "white" events except for one during her 1st 2 weeks of pregnancy which we do not know.

Even if we avoid, can we still give condenlence money and red packets?
Hi,

better totally dont participate of the funeral(white) even condolence money.

For wedding should be ok , i'm was pregnant 7 months.
I will going to atted my friend wedding on this sun.