Good, Caring and Professional Female Gynae In Thomson Medical Centre

dragonfly

I'm looking for a lady gynae for a friend who is not pregnant but needs a regular checkup. She needs to be reassuring, calm and caring towards nervous first time patients. Someone who is kind and does not rush and not too money-minded/prescribe too many unnecessary tests. My friend is on a budget but does not mind spending a bit more for a gynae she is comfy with so please share your knowledge of the fees. She is able to tolerate long waiting times if the doctor is good.

Thank you!

jadeite

not sure if you're still looking - the female docs at ACJ clinic at Thomson Medical Center are both good. I'm seeing the male doc at the clinic, Dr Adrian Tan, but heard v good things about his colleagues too. Dr Tan is the most expensive of the three docs if I'm not wrong, paying about $120 for basic checkup each time

not sure if you're still looking - the female docs at ACJ clinic at Thomson Medical Center are both good. I'm seeing the male doc at the clinic, Dr Adrian Tan, but heard v good things about his colleagues too. Dr Tan is the most expensive of the three docs if I'm not wrong, paying about $120 for basic checkup each time
Hi jadeite, what do u mean by basic checkup? I want to go for a pre pregnancy checkup. Doing the blood test n scannings, usually how much does it cost? I want a female gynae ? Is Dr Jocelyn Wong gd? or any other female dr from this clinic? thks in advance.

jadeite

basic checkup is consultation + ultrasound. I did pre-pregnancy checkup with Dr Tan too but without blood test, those would be extra.

you can read the reviews for Dr Caroline Khi here: http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/dr-caroline-khi-from-tmc.4402/

and Dr Jocelyn Wong here: http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f37/jocelyn-wong-acj-clinic-283/

both highly recommended by others and some friends of mine, but personally I don't know as I'm seeing Dr Tan the male doc in the clinic.

for pre-pregnancy, I had ultrasound to scan the womb and ovaries to see if everything is ok. I had cysts on my ovaries... anyway now that I have conceived I am still seeing Dr Tan for checkups. The receps and nurses are v friendly and helpful, ACJ clinic queue is not v long too, I have never waited more than 10 mins for my turn as long as you are on time. Just that the parking at TMC is a bit troublesome.

jadeite

vaginal scan. can't do abdominal scan unless you're pregnant. even when I was pregnant, first few months got to do abdominal scan cuz there is not enough liquid in the waterbag in your womb to see thru ultrasound from outside. so when not pregnant, will do vaginal. it's not v uncomfortable don't worry. the first checkup also will do PAP smear.

jenny2011

vaginal scan. can't do abdominal scan unless you're pregnant. even when I was pregnant, first few months got to do abdominal scan cuz there is not enough liquid in the waterbag in your womb to see thru ultrasound from outside. so when not pregnant, will do vaginal. it's not v uncomfortable don't worry. the first checkup also will do PAP smear.
Hi jadeite, May I kw when u went for pre pregnancy checkup, did yr gynae do the AMH blood test for you?

I think the female docs at ACJ clinic are slightly more exp than Dr Tan. Dr Adrian Tan was my gynae during my last pregnancy. His charges are fairly rated. He is very friendly and chatty. Always made my visits very enjoyable and calming.