Good & expereinced confinement lady??

shln168

Hi all

Just wanted to post my confinement lady's contact here since I have received numerous emails asking for her contact. Have to apologise to all who did not get a prompt reply from me. Hope it helps!

Aunty Bi Ai cell: +60 16 761 0768
Alternative is to contact her daughter (Mdm Zeng) at +60 16 754 2385

Cheers

Hi all

Am currently into my 3rd week of confinement and thought i'd thank my confinement lady for her help so far by recommending her services. She's called Aunty Bi Ai from Malaysia. Communicates mostly in Mandarin, Teochew or Cantonese. While she can understand English, she isn't too fluent in it.

The pertinent points below:
1. Supportive of breastfeeding. Willing to bring me baby every 3 hours, even at night if i ask for her. Helps with feeding baby formula milk as supplement after that.

2. Handles baby lovingly, gently and patiently. Can see that baby feels secure when she handles her. Sometimes, she has to carry baby till 3+am when baby is fretful! No complaints!

3. Cooks for my family of 5, lunch and dinner. Granted she doesn't do much housework like mopping of floor in baby room as we have a domestic helper. But it does show that she's a give and take person, which is quite important for me! I'd not want to have a confinement lady who's very calculative!

4. While she has her own practices, she is willing to adapt to my request for certain things (which may not be the best afterall since it's mostly textbook teachings from TMC which can't be applied wholesale).

5. I have several dogs at home - she's not one who's afraid of them and will sometimes play with them. This may be helpful to dog owners?

No nonsense of getting to work during her first day before receiving an ang pao etc. Neither did she make unreasonable requests like having to charge extra for climbing up and down the stairs many many times a day, an extra fee i was quoted by some CLs when they heard it's a double storey place!

As she's going to be with me till 28 Oct, feel free to PM me or drop me an email at wywyatwork@yahoo.com if you'd like to speak with her/meet up with her before that.

And no, i am certainly not earning any commission from this! Just thought potential mummies might find it helpful to have one more reference.

Cheers

Hello!

I just had twins late February 2012 and engaged a super nanny! Her name is Ya Mei.

I am very thankful to have her as my confinement nanny and I highly recommend her. Ya Mei has been a great source of support and took good care of my needs as well as my babies. Do give Ya Mei a call if you want someone reliable to care for your babies and yourself. She's in high demand so it's best to book her early! Ya Mei: +60 16 612 3115

Have a wonderful confinement!

malibu

Hello!

I just had twins late February 2012 and engaged a super nanny! Her name is Ya Mei.

I am very thankful to have her as my confinement nanny and I highly recommend her. Ya Mei has been a great source of support and took good care of my needs as well as my babies. Do give Ya Mei a call if you want someone reliable to care for your babies and yourself. She's in high demand so it's best to book her early! Ya Mei: +60 16 612 3115

Have a wonderful confinement!
Hi mummy,
did the nanny stay over you place during the confinement and how much did she charge?
Please share more about her, thank you.

Hi Malibu,

Yes, my nanny slept at my place. Ya Mei slept with my babies while i slept in a separate room. I could have a good night's sleep as i had the assurance that my babies will be looked after when I am sound asleep.

Hmmm... What else can I say about my nanny? I think this should sum it all... I would have no worries in raising my babies if I could engage Ya Mei on a permanent basis :) I know that each thing she does was done to the best of her ability and for the benefit of my babies and I. My babies adore her and I could tell by their smiles each time she carried them.

To me, the primary responsibility of a confinement nanny is to take good care of the new born and mummy and Ya Mei has excelled in doing that.

Regarding Ya Mei's rates, she prefers to be contacted direct. Her rates are reasonable and is within the market rate. Ya Mei is currently in Singapore so you can contact her at 9374 0687.

Angel9

hi,

anyone looking for day nanny? i have a nanny looking for day care confinement. she is very experienced. trained with the hospitals in singapore. from malaysia. normal rates. no exorbitant rip-offs. PM me asap as all the annies are taken up quickly this year.

she is also looking for live-in confinement, so let me know if you need live-in or day care only.

i am not an agent and not related to any nanny. i am not making a single cent from recommendations. just want to help out and to save people from companies like PEM ripping people off.

thanks

Beenies

hi there!

*not sure where my previous post went to so re-posting it again*

need some advice as we are engaging Auntie Pan who is recommended by a friend's sister. The confinement lady would like to collect the deposit from us on Saturday as i was wondering if we need to have any form of written agreement or contract after passing her the deposit? Would you also request for a photocopy of her passport just in case?

Also, we are expecting twins in mid dec and will be engaging a maid. Hence the confinement lady mentioned she will cook for hubby and myself and look after the baby. The other household chores will be done by the maid. Sounds reasonable?
Thanks in advance for any advice rendered!

verlbb

Hello... Am new here.

just feeling lucky that I'm one of the few that emerge and manage to have my confinement finsih with a "smile". Gotten this contact from my colleague and thank heavens! its's stress-free and rewarding! :Dancing_wub: Hope mummies out here have another source to get contact. you may email me at my email: verlbbbb@ymail.com

Hoping to post a video of here here... (check with the moderator first)! :001_302: Am not trying to 'promote business' but rather encourages mummy (esp first time mum) with little or no experience get the required help and knowledge from experience and reliable nanny (recommending my nanny to you). Her name is Amy (Yoke Peng), 46yrs of age. cantonese and well-versed with confinement knowledge and cooked very delicious confinement meals during my confinement. Her simmered pig's stomach is very delicious and she also cooks sea cucumber with du zhong tonic are the two dishes I missed most! During the night... I had very ample rest as we knows Amy is doing a good job b'cos we seldom hear our infant cries.... she targets to attend to our infant before she cries so that I (a sensitive and light sleeper) could rest well. She attends to my c-section wound with care and was very experience in clearing my block ducts.... thanks to her suggestion my hubby and I could get ample rest during the night b'cos I latch during the day and pump out my breast milk at night. My sister-in-law had engaged her this month and I simply went over for her cooking!

On personal quote:
My personal confinement experience was just to gather confinement information from my surrounding relatives, friends and even colleague's wife and decide if engaging a CL is really worth...Amy shared her numerous confinement experience with me and I do agree with her that each person "deserves" to have our 'OWN' confinement experience and not to follow other people's experience.

Being a first time mum.. I faithfully and sincerely in giving the "BEST" to my infant but rather find 100% latching on too tedious and time consuming. I'm glad Amy did follow my way initially supporting stringe feed my infant when my milk did not arrive but she did advise me that eventually with little milk, my infant's jaundice will shot up and it really DID! With the two days in the hospital was indeed stresssful but I was more annoyed when eventually the hospital feed my infant with FM! After discharge... I begin to take charge of my confinement.... feeding with all my breast milk and supplement FM.

Amy helped with my c-section wounds and along with my preference in food, she suggested and planned my confinement meals. I never have to worry about my infant care or least my household chores.....I can safely leave it to Amy to do it.

I do not have any qualms in recommending my CL to anyone deserving her. You may email me.

slothbal1986

photo.jpgphoto1.jpg

Hi,

This post is not meant to bad mouth anyone but is meant as a warning to all that if you were to engage this CL in the above pic, be prepared for hell! My wife just ended her confinement today and throughout the 28 days, it was torturious for my wife. Her name is Mei Yong, in her 60s. As this year was a dragon year, CLs are hard to come by as they are all fully booked and just so when I thought I was lucky to get one, my nightmare begins.

She practically dozed off on every feed.. Couple of times, she dropped the feeding bottle while feeding. I told her off but she simply ignored me. My wife, instead of resting throughout her confinement, have to stay awake to make sure she doesnt fall asleep and have to constantly wake her up.

And this confinement lady just cant stop COMPLAINING! She would complain when the baby poo, pee, cries, etc..
Isnt that the job of the CL to help clean and feed babies??? So why is the complain??

I understand that CLs job is not an easy task, so i allowed her to sleep in the afternoon. Despite so, she rather talk to my maid than to rest. This makes me even more boiled!!

There are just too many things to state.

Just a piece of advice to all:
Do think THRICE before engaging her.
She is way too old for being a Confinement lady

ann123

Hi Everyone, I would like to recommend a good confinement nanny that have just finish doing confinement for me. She is auntie Siew from Tangkak, M'sia. She have taken good care of my baby girl,very attentive to her as I did'not hear my baby cry often and auntie will attend to her within minutes once she start crying.

Auntie Siew is also very hygine as she will mop and clean the kitchen everytime after cooking and does'not mind to help me with some light house chores(moping, washing toilets and etc). She will also do all the marketing for me daily as the market is just few blocks away.
Every meal she will prepare a big bowlof soup for me to boost my breast milk supply and will prepare dinner for my husband as well for dinner.

I'm not receiving any token from her for writing this, it's just my little appreciation to her for taking good care of me and my baby girl during my confinement month. Btw, she is a stay in confinement nanny with me for 28 days which gives me a good night sleep at night as she will take care of all the night feeding.

She is contactable at M'sia +6016-6870058 / SG-83058350 if you are interested to check her out.