Good Lactation Consultant to recommend?

Starbat11

you want to try latching when your baby is super 'blur' like sleepy at night?
this kind of time, they are not fussy :)

so sad, sister kang on long leave. try to call Mrs Wong? contact breastfeeding mother support group?
Ermmm, actually Mrs Wong tried to help me latch when I gv birth. She is v bz and cld hardly see me for 5 mins. During the 5 mins, she kept pulling on my nipple to latch baby. Subsequently, my nipple cracked and bled and it became so painful that I dont want to bf...I contacted Mrs Doris Fok from the bfmsg who told me to pump exclusively. She said my chances of success to latch my little one is :shyxxx:

isabelandrew

oh dear, im sure someone can help! Gees! We are in the world of pro=breastfeeding.
maybe u wan to call the BMSG to get them to give u all the lactation consultants!!! :)

Lynnie

Don't give up yet... Have you tried breastfeeding your boy while walking around (so he's being rocked) ?

There's still Sister Kang... should try a few more lactation consultants... Some might have brilliant ideas to help your boy latch on...

toys_r_us

I had problems latching my girl on in the beginning, it got so bad that at 2 weeks old, she would rather take the bottle than me.
Everytime, after struggling for 30mins, both of us would be tired and frustrated, and I would feel super sad!

After praying hard and persevering she finally decided to latch on again, miraculously man!

Actually even if you have to express to feed your baby, (one of my friend feeds her baby ebm exclusively and has been at it for almost a year) don't feel bad about it. When it happened to me, all I needed was for my hubby to tell me itz ok. And it really is ok! Cuz baby is still getting all the goodness from you.

bedrock

Can try Helen at Raffles Hospital. my wife and I found her helpful and patient in helping my wife n baby with the breastfeeding process.

Winkle

Thank you so much. I tried to contact Sister Kang a week ago. She is on long leave =( and wont be back untill mid/late Oct. She told me that it might be a little late by then. She asked me to look for someone else to help me.:embarrassed:
hello,

how has it been going? i'm thinking of calling sister khang myself. baby now appraoching one month. hope you haven't given up, we must keep trying :)

uddermummy

i agree with Cmeilim! and erm, she nursed all her 2 kids, so she's had first-hand experience in nursing, unlike some consultants in the hospitals who only know the tjeory.

Doris Fok is the main reason why I didn't give up breastfeeding and am still breastfeeding dd today. I will always be v grateful to her.

I had a lot of prob starting out and she was v kind when i called her up in tears, a few days after i was discharged.

She actually made an appt with me the very next day, before she went for work at NUH.

She didn't only offer me bfing advice but also gave me a lot of other advise on how to cope with unwanted comments on bfing etc. And she was v kind and understanding when this hormonally haywired mummy started sobbing and complaining to her. :001_302:

Her charges are among the most reasonable in Singapore, but cos she works with NUH now, it may be more difficult to get her for pte consultation.

Last edited:

camom

i agree with Cmeilim! and erm, she nursed all her 2 kids, so she's had first-hand experience in nursing, unlike some consultants in the hospitals who only know the tjeory.

Doris Fok is the main reason why I didn't give up breastfeeding and am still breastfeeding dear daughter today. I will always be very grateful to her.

I had a lot of prob starting out and she was very kind when i called her up in tears, a few days after i was discharged.

She actually made an appt with me the very next day, before she went for work at NUH.

She didn't only offer me bfing advice but also gave me a lot of other advise on how to cope with unwanted comments on bfing etc. And she was very kind and understanding when this hormonally haywired mummy started sobbing and complaining to her. :001_302:

Her charges are among the most reasonable in Singapore, but cos she works with NUH now, it may be more difficult to get her for pte consultation.
I totally agree abt Doris Fok. She is also the main reason why I am still bf after so long. I didn't birth at NUH but luckily, she took me on as a pte client. I didn't mind travelling all the way to NUH to see her. I feel so reassured after just 1 session with her.

happy mother

I totally agree about Doris Fok. She is also the main reason why I am still bf after so long. I didn't birth at NUH but luckily, she took me on as a pte client. I didn't mind travelling all the way to NUH to see her. I feel so reassured after just 1 session with her.

Please text me Doris private clinic address please

andieluv2

Any mummy went to a LC before giving birth? Or u booked them prior to birth? I had my 1st baby and only managed to bf her till 6 months only. But I did exclu pumping. Didnt manage to latch her bcoz pf short nipple. Now after getting more experience, I would like a LC consult first prior to birth so as to prep me better. Anyone have similar experience?

belovedchloe

Any mummy went to a LC before giving birth? Or u booked them prior to birth? I had my 1st baby and only managed to bf her till 6 months only. But I did exclu pumping. Didnt manage to latch her bcoz pf short nipple. Now after getting more experience, I would like a LC consult first prior to birth so as to prep me better. Anyone have similar experience?
Hi Andieluv2, I'm the same as you. I also exclusive pumped. I didn't like thomson's parentcraft service as they were always busy and hence not very friendly. The sessions were also not 1 to 1.

Anybody hired sister kang from Mt A before birth before?

eldarwen

sister kang was my lactation consultant when i gave birth and i really like her. she is patient and encouraging. i saw her at the babycare festival and even though she's so bz she took time out to speak to me about my concerns of breastfeeding after going back to work. she also gave a talk on baby massage techniques and i found that helpful.

I loveeeeee Alice Teh from Thompson. She is sooooo different from others at Thompson that are harsh, impatient and fierce. She is kind, very patient, also makes sure I know how to do it myself rather than just showing.
Problem is its expensive for house calls - Thompson rates are $190 for 1.5 hrs and if you go to parentcraft center there is no guarantee you will get her - they will assign whoever is free. Parentcraft center is only $85

She helped me latch on day 4, massage my lumps away at week 4 and week 8. I wouldnt be breastfeeding my boy at 4months now if it wasn't for her. Expensive but worth every single penny!

Tingle

My baby is 2 months plus now and is currently bottle feed (formula) as few weeks ago he rejected my breast. Previously, every feed I will direct bf him first then top up formula with bottle. But right now I really missed and want to total bf him. I don't wish to give up. Is there still hope to switch baby back to bf?