Gymboree or Kindermusik?

pkshl

any mummies brought their babies to either Gymboree or kindermusik?

pls give review on both. thanks!

cmeilim

are u looking for more music n movement type of class, or more specifically geared towards classical music training? if the latter, i heard from another forum that staccato is good.

camom

IMHO, both are play classes n play gyms.

We went to Gymboree with my elder kid. They don't really do much crawling n climbing despite the impressive setup. DD especially hated the bubble time (I don't know why, she loved it when we blew bubbles at home).

For gym, we had a better experience at another centre at Forum Galleria.

cmeilim

i saw a gym at the family section of marina square, on level 3, two weekends ago. lots of parents and children at the classes. and the class looks fun with children being taught how to move up and down soft obstacles, do rolls on narrow beams etc. can't recall the name though. but the fees are not cheap...

win_mum

any mummies brought their babies to either Gymboree or kindermusik?

pls give review on both. thanks!
my fren sign her gal for a term in kindermusik. very good, she mentioned. I believe she & her daughter enjoy the class a lot. however must buy class materials which is compulsory which is quite ex & she told me not much use. somethin like hidden cost:001_302:

u can go for the trial class & find out:tlaugh: if i not wrong, trial fees is ard $40.:001_302:

stonston

Are you looking for music experience or physical play experience?

If you are looking for physical play, can try Tumble Tots. My boy loves it so much that he automatically asks for it!

pkshl

Are you looking for music experience or physical play experience?

If you are looking for physical play, can try Tumble Tots. My boy loves it so much that he automatically asks for it!
tumble tots looks good, how are their fees like? do they ve sunday class?

Last edited:

jojoki

Netanya loves kindermusik whn she was younger.... ( when she was around 5/6 mths) I havent brought her since she turned one. Gymboree, we've only gone fr the free plays and she likes it too but i think she prefers kindermusik.

As for gym , u may wanna try little gyms at forum... quite good reviews.

mrsmorgan

What do they do at these classes when they're ard 4-6mths? Im thinkin of signing up for my son nxt time too but nt sure which centre to go to.. Need to do more research.. Pls help me mummies! Hehe

bakaholic

anyone tried kindermusik classes outside tanglin mall?I know some cc schools have classes on weekends. I have been to the tanglin mall for trial and my boy likes it but now i am considering to try nearby areas cos tanglin mall kinda far for us.

babayneuro

I've tried both kindermusik and gymboree (same level of tanglin mall anyway). noticed that they are pretty different in their structure. Kindermusik is a music school, preparing the children to appreciate and love music, Gymboree on the other hand is a gym, that focus more on movement. I personally am more confortable with Kindermusik as the classes are structure for the babies, their music/song collection is so wide. Plus, the teachers will actually explain the reasons behind each activities which i really appreciate (least i know what i'm paying for).

ziggyy

Alpha Male
I've tried both kindermusik and gymboree (same level of tanglin mall anyway). noticed that they are pretty different in their structure. Kindermusik is a music school, preparing the children to appreciate and love music, Gymboree on the other hand is a gym, that focus more on movement. I personally am more confortable with Kindermusik as the classes are structure for the babies, their music/song collection is so wide. Plus, the teachers will actually explain the reasons behind each activities which i really appreciate (least i know what i'm paying for).
Hi, for kindermusik, are there any additional costs besides those stated on pricing page? Say for CDs/materials, etc?

Might like to join a trial class to see if my baby likes it too

babayneuro

Hi Ziggy,

I'm not sure which pricing page you are referring to. They will charge for the number of classes remaining in the term plus the materials for that term. Personally feel that the materials for the baby classes are a little pricy but the CD is indeed useful. My girl will actually sing to the songs and actually remembers the lyrics! This just amazes me. Let me know how your trial goes ya..All the best!

noellamenon

Re: M&M: Why not try Rhythm-n-Rhymes....affordable & 1-2-1 sessions in the East

Hi mums of toddlers - I run toddler sessions in the East....It's called 'Rhythm-n-Rhymes'.
- Edutainment for toddlers age 1 to 3+yrs every Thursday between 5pm to 6pm
Slide1.jpgRhythm-n-Rhymes flyer 2012.jpg@ 09-01, The Waterside, 9 Tanjong Rhu Road, Singapore - 436894. Registrations open for 2012!! SMS Noella @ HP: 82004142 OR e-mail noellamenon@gmail.com for more information! (Facilitator: Professional VO Actor / Jingle Artist / Singer & winner at the Hollywood Film Festival! Check out http://www.voice4ads.com/ )

Please click on the collage and flyer below - Actual snap shots taken during the Rhythm-n-Rhymes sessions.....every week tiny tots look forward to a different theme - Besides new songs, percussion fun, hymns, story time and muppet shows, we've covered sharing and caring, friends, saying sorry, good manners, seasons, festivals, animals, handy helpers and more! We recently celebrated Valentines Day ..the kids wore red and pink, learnt the 'I LOVE YOU & other Valentines Day songs, took home a surprise heart with their photo on it for their mums and dads and were told a story of LOVE!! They all had a blast!

As a special promotion - you can sign up for 2 trial sessions at $15 per class (UP: $25).....

gryphonmonster

Since this forum has been rather inactive, i'd like to share my experience at Kindermusik at United Square. My daughter is 19 months and currently enrolled with them. My daughter loved rhythm and music and we wanted to enrol her in an enrichment class with a music focused content. I followed her into her second lesson and saw how much she loved and followed what the teacher was doing. I was with her for a few classes when she was in China but her reception was lukewarm. Over at KM, teacher Andrea (or is it Audrey?) was just fantastic. She has such a beautiful voice and connected so well with the children it felt so natural. I have been to other schools and gosh the expression on their faces are just too exaggerating. There were about 10 pairs of parents and kids in the class and the teacher handled them with ease. The teacher started off by asking what each children would like to do.. they clapped, jumped, dance, and i cannot remember what else but my girl seemed to be having the time of her life especially when the music started. After that there were some remembering of sounds, then started running around... rolling around and then quiet down with some music. The class ends with a story which i felt was a tad too long for my 19 month old. My girl may be the youngest but i think she felt right at home with this group. The demographics were about half local half expat. There are also music materials and shirt which you can bring home when you sign up a term with them. I don't have comparisons to make but i'm really happy i've signed up with kindermusik.

For a more personal experience and lower student teacher ratio, try www.facebook.com/MusicTransforms
International school classroom music teacher (not private piano teacher type, real teacher). No registration fees deposits hidden costs. Just pay per class. She knows all the teaching methods and reasons behind the songs and movements. She exposes kids to lots of other instruments that she has at home like flute and harp!