Gyn Irene Chua from KKH

first consultation is $150 + scanning $120 = $270+GST (exclude any pills,etc )
Folic Acid for 1 month supply, $5 +GST

2nd consultation onwards $150+GST per visit ( consultation+scan ), exclude pills/vit,etc.

16weeks onward, package is $950 for 11 sessions (consultation & scanning), if go more than 11 times, u gotta top up $.

all $ exclude detailed scanning, down syndrome tests, pills.

doctor's delivery fee, $3500. you can choose to delivery at: thomson/gleneagles/mtE/mtA.
Delivery fee of $3500 is c-section or natural with epi?
I have ask her yet... i am seeing her since 9 weeks.....

Hi all,

May I know how good is Irene Chua? As I m considering her as one of the gynaes. But seems her charges r quite steep, is she reli tat gd or over rated?

Gem2505

Hi all,

May I know how good is Irene Chua? As I m considering her as one of the gynaes. But seems her charges r quite steep, is she reli tat gd or over rated?
I'm seeing her currently. I've been thru with 2 gynae at KKH. Both aint up to my expectation. I just feel very comfortable with Dr Irene Chua. I felt the $ i spent is all worth while with her. Actually I compared her pricing with KKH pricing, its not very much different actually.

here's my comparison.

KKH- im seeing consultant ( my previous preg ), each appointment is about $70+- ( at clinic A ). TPS, about $80+-.
---- Waiting time, HELL LONG! at clinic A, average waiting time is 1 hour. At TPS, my avg waiting time is about 30mins.
---- Still have to queue to wait for payment.... -_-" i bought package at KKH ( $500 ). After each visit, can just go off, dont need to make any payment. they will deduct straight from that $500.. until u finish up that $500, u can either purchase again or just queue and pay like normal.
---- Gynae dont see patient everyday i think? coz diff gynae got diff appt "day" ( tues/thurs only, etc ). so kinda difficult to change my appt time.
---- Taking pills from the pharmacy, maybe another 40mins? each visit, average waiting time, almost 2hours or more.
---- Anything u wanna reach your gynae, like difficult? they dont have a direct number u can reach ur gynae. you have to call the clinic then refer then wait for the gynae to call u back.

At Irene chua clinic: ( im not too sure if other private gynae is the same a not )
---- Average waiting time to see her, 15mins or less.
---- payment and taking pills, less than 5 mins
---- anytime i feel uncomfortable, just give a call and you can reach her. change appt time and date is easier.
---- avg time spent, less than 45mins.
---- bought the package at week 15. average per visit will come to about $80+-.
---- first few visit before 15 weeks, a little more costly. $150 per visit.
---- Detailed scanning is $200 compared to KKH $80.
---- Down syndrome test, amount about the same.

about the hospital bill, i went for C sect at KKH. stay in single bedded A ward, total bill came up to $9k+.
Estimated bill for Gleneagles for C sect, in single bedded ward, also about the same, $10K+-.

other than pricing, seeing the right doc is definitely impt. Dr Irene is ALOT better than my 2 previous gynae. she's soooo much more caring and really explain everything very detailed to me. she wont "rush to finish the consultation".. im pretty sure i've made the right choice and regret why didnt i insist in choosing her during my previous preg when she was still in KKH. never too late. =)

I'm seeing her currently. I've been thru with 2 gynae at KKH. Both aint up to my expectation. I just feel very comfortable with Dr Irene Chua. I felt the $ i spent is all worth while with her. Actually I compared her pricing with KKH pricing, its not very much different actually.

here's my comparison.

KKH- im seeing consultant ( my previous preg ), each appointment is about $70+- ( at clinic A ). TPS, about $80+-.
---- Waiting time, HELL LONG! at clinic A, average waiting time is 1 hour. At TPS, my avg waiting time is about 30mins.
---- Still have to queue to wait for payment.... -_-" i bought package at KKH ( $500 ). After each visit, can just go off, dont need to make any payment. they will deduct straight from that $500.. until u finish up that $500, u can either purchase again or just queue and pay like normal.
---- Gynae dont see patient everyday i think? coz diff gynae got diff appt "day" ( tues/thurs only, etc ). so kinda difficult to change my appt time.
---- Taking pills from the pharmacy, maybe another 40mins? each visit, average waiting time, almost 2hours or more.
---- Anything u wanna reach your gynae, like difficult? they dont have a direct number u can reach ur gynae. you have to call the clinic then refer then wait for the gynae to call u back.

At Irene chua clinic: ( im not too sure if other private gynae is the same a not )
---- Average waiting time to see her, 15mins or less.
---- payment and taking pills, less than 5 mins
---- anytime i feel uncomfortable, just give a call and you can reach her. change appt time and date is easier.
---- avg time spent, less than 45mins.
---- bought the package at week 15. average per visit will come to about $80+-.
---- first few visit before 15 weeks, a little more costly. $150 per visit.
---- Detailed scanning is $200 compared to KKH $80.
---- Down syndrome test, amount about the same.

about the hospital bill, i went for C sect at KKH. stay in single bedded A ward, total bill came up to $9k+.
Estimated bill for Gleneagles for C sect, in single bedded ward, also about the same, $10K+-.

other than pricing, seeing the right doc is definitely impt. Dr Irene is ALOT better than my 2 previous gynae. she's soooo much more caring and really explain everything very detailed to me. she wont "rush to finish the consultation".. im pretty sure i've made the right choice and regret why didnt i insist in choosing her during my previous preg when she was still in KKH. never too late. =)
Hi Gem2505,

Tks for ur reply, I tried to pm u but can't send thru, can I hv ur email add so tat I can ask u more info? Hope u dun mind :)

Dr Irene Chua jus delivered my girl!
Know what? Her stitching is really good! Almost the following day i dont feel any pain.. jus slight soreness.
Which i think is very normal! Especially that my baby is huge.. almost 4kg and i did it naturally no vacuum.. totally natural! :)
I think most doc will use vacuum and suggest c sec.. LOL
I am very happy and comfortable with her too! She is very assuring...
Yes.. agree that her charges is kinda on the high side compare to most private clinic
But i feel its worth every dollar spent! And agree waiting time is abt 15mins or less.
Payment of bills is almost immediately!
Appointment time is flexible too..
For me short waiting time is very important ... imagine every appt u need to take half day off or even whole day jus to see the doc :)

MummySeah

Dr Irene Chua just delivered my girl!
Know what? Her stitching is really good! Almost the following day i dont feel any pain.. just slight soreness.
Which i think is very normal! Especially that my baby is huge.. almost 4kg and i did it naturally no vacuum.. totally natural! :)
Yes.. agree that her charges is kinda on the high side compare to most private clinic
But i feel its worth every dollar spent! And agree waiting time is about 15mins or less.
For me short waiting time is very important ... imagine every appt you need to take half day off or even whole day just to see the doc :)
Can i just check is this Doc still in KK or other hospital and any other good doc there as i had check up a few and they are not in KK anymore... Please assist urgently as I am trying to get a good doc..

Gem2505

Dr Irene Chua jus delivered my girl!
Know what? Her stitching is really good! Almost the following day i dont feel any pain.. jus slight soreness.
But i feel its worth every dollar spent! And agree waiting time is abt 15mins or less.
For me short waiting time is very important ... imagine every appt u need to take half day off or even whole day jus to see the doc :)
congrats!!
rest well. take care!

Gem2505

Can i just check is this Doc still in KK or other hospital and any other good doc there as i had check up a few and they are not in KK anymore... Please assist urgently as I am trying to get a good doc..
Dr Irene chua is no longer with KKH. she has her own clinic situated in gleneagles hospital. her prices is kinda high, but definitely worth it. you may consider going to her for your future appts.
my nx appt is nx friday .. going to have my detailed scan and monthly appt.. so excited!

Jamesbond

May i know one bedded or two? Is the service good? Anythign to take note of?

Much appreciated! couldn't find much info on the net .

May i know one bedded or two? Is the service good? Anythign to take note of?

Much appreciated! couldn't find much info on the net .

I chose 1 bedded for Gleneagles...
Service is very good... thumbs up for everything.
Love the food... nurses is effective, fast, helpful...
Great support from lactation consultant too :)