Gynae for Lupus Pregnancy

invin

Hi i have been having lupus for 9 years and am currently 3-4 weeks pregnant.

Is there anyone out there with or without lupus who can recommend a good gynae that is familiar with lupus or complications?

Any help is much appreciated!!

Suziesan

Hi there,

I have lupus about 15 years and just give birth in March 2013.

I was seeing Dr. Eunice Chua from Thomson. She is good and always make sure that my pregnancy goes well. Despite her busy schedule, she is willing to answer queries and takes time to explain. She does assure me that in case of complications which she cannot handle, she will refer me to SGH. However she does not offer any package so her charges are quite expensive.

Is there anyone out there with or without lupus who can recommend a good gynae that is familiar with lupus or complications?

invin

Hi Suziesan, thanks for the recommendation! 15 years is a long time and i hope yr condition is stable!

Can i know hw much does it normallly costs per visit?

This is my 1st pregnancy so i'm quite nervous..do you mind sharing your experience with me?

Like did you experience any difficulties, and if you opt for cs or natural birth?

Right now, i'm experiencing alot of phelgm and have difficulty breathing due to the phelgm, can feel my heart pumping hard due to the blockage.. and will vomit phelgm alot of times a day

Felt unwell sometimes and sapped of energy and weak..i have no idea how i'm going to be able to go through the process of giving birth and am terrified. :wecry:

Suziesan

Hi,

Currently my condition is stable. May I know how lupus has attack your body? For me, my kidney is affected so have to see doctor every 3 months.

For the first visit, the fee is ex. Can cost more than $300, including consultation and medicine etc. Subsequently, her consultation fee is about $80-90. Depends on the time length. Each time, she would do the scanning to check the growth of the baby. That is about $40. She will also prescribe medicine or supplement according to your need. Folic acid and multivitamin are a must. Besides, you need to do OSCAR scan on the 12th week and glucose test cum detailed scan on the 20th week. I can't remember if I need to pay once for both tests. However, if you find that it is too costly, you can ask your doc to recommend a good gynae from the same hospital, so that they can monitor your condition and the baby.

During my pregnancy, the Gynae found there was some virus at the vagina. It could pass to baby and affect his breathing system if I opt for natural. So I had no choice but to opt for c sec. But my lil one couldn't wait so he was born through natural. Everything happened too fast!

It it is normal to feel tired, especially the first trimester and the last one. I had evening sickness and it was bad. I couldn't eat properly. Other than that, I was ok throughout my pregnancy. You have to seek advice from your doctor. Which doc are you seeing for your lupus? Get a Gynae asap so that she can help you.

Dont think negatively k? For patient like us, we have to keep ourselves happy. Support from family and friends will help too. When I feel lost, I will pray. Sometimes I will talk to my lil one and ask him to bear with me so that we can go through this together. Jia you invin!

invin

Hi Suziesan, so sorry for the late reply..i was hospitalised cos of persistant high fever and multiple organ involvement...ever since then, i have been taking medicine regularly and it has not affected the organs since..but i keep feeling sick and other vague symptoms that can't be diagnosed but make my life a misery..

i am seeing doctor benjamin tham now also from thomson but i did not realise that he is a senior consultant. I am worried about the costs now cos i have been having nose bleeds and i'm worried that other symptoms may pop up which will increase the costs.

I have also heard of complications which can involve costs of up to $10k and i simply do not have the money.

Suziesan

Hi,

during the pregnancy, our immune system will be lower and will get sick easily. Since you are worried about the cost, why not you transfer to see Gynae at SGH or KKH? At least there is subsidy from government. There may have many unforeseen complications.

Hope everything goes well for you =)

Geula436

Is anyone else in here, using medical marijuana for lupus? I have read many articles suggesting highly concentrated cannabis oil can be effective and alternative meds for people suffering with lupus. Pain and inflammation are two commonly recognized therapeutic properties of cannabis, so its ability to treat lupus effectively is not surprising. Like this review from platinum kush http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/platinum-kush/. This plant has very high CBD and pain suppresing effect. Let me also hear your thoughts or personal experience when it come with medical marijuana. Thanks

Alibionia1982

Hi. I can't recommend anyone, but in any case, I wish you and the baby good health. I can only say that any chemical drug is harmful to health. Weed is used even in medicine, no matter what anyone says. And so I can only advise you to stop smoking anything during pregnancy, use CBD oil at most to sleep peacefully, etc. And then buy equipment here https://topgrows.com/best-rosin-press-review/ for growing marijuana, as I did in my time. I wish you and your baby good health :)

Last edited:

Dusenya

thanks
I've been thinking to buy medical marijuana for health purposes
I also have heard about the health benefits of using marijuana, judging by the research, it is so obvious that I do not understand why cannabis is still forbidden in many countries, maybe it needs some limits, fine, maybe only for some legal medical companies which can have a special license for selling it or provide as a product, I think now I will start smoking vape with CBD like my best friend do it, so I can completely stop to smoke classic cigarettes, I found CBD vape pen https://knockoutcbd.com/cbd-product-category/cbd-vape-pen/ it is with cannabis oil, in this website they say it makes mind and body feel calm and relaxed, looking forward to trying it

Candiess85

My gynae Dr Chris Ng is a good choice. He helped me get through a high-risk pregnancy (preeclampsia) and I know in my circle of friends he's also the go-to for more complicated pregnancies.