Hair Fall after birth

ksohfeng

OMG! My hair has been falling...after giving birth 3.5months.
ALOT... wake up see the pillow all my hair, esp after a hair wash...alot....
V scary..dont dare to wash hair. :(
Is it a temporary?
Please help..anyone experience this?

STmummy

it's normal. hair lost will start ard 4th month after delivery. last for 1-2 months then will be normal already. dont worry.

Button

Yes, it's quite scary and depressing having so much hair fall out. But it does grow back. You'll start seeing some baby hair growing from your scalp after awhile. :) Hang in there!

Button

I'm not sure about serum. I thought serums are used on hair ends for preventing dry hair. Does it say for hair loss and growth?

My hair stylist told me to use a hair tonic which I bought from her shop. It's by Hoyu. I did notice baby hair growth after awhile and was quite happy with the product. But then again, I'm not sure if it's because of the tonic or because my body was normalizing again - which caused the baby hair to grow.

Either way, be sure not to clog up your pores with oily products. That might prevent new hair growth.

ksohfeng

I'm not sure about serum. I thought serums are used on hair ends for preventing dry hair. Does it say for hair loss and growth?

My hair stylist told me to use a hair tonic which I bought from her shop. It's by Hoyu. I did notice baby hair growth after awhile and was quite happy with the product. But then again, I'm not sure if it's because of the tonic or because my body was normalizing again - which caused the baby hair to grow.

Either way, be sure not to clog up your pores with oily products. That might prevent new hair growth.
oh tonic got use...think i should go buy n use... expensive...haha no choice

vonndav

Is not true it only drop 1-2 months, it depends on individual, mine drop until early botak, regret not doing something to it earlier. Went to see a Chinese physician, I drop for a good 4 months.

luvbene

For me, i started using hairloss shampoo during pregnant.. but still hair fall is a lot almost like a carpet for hair when my boy is around 5 months... use hair tonic etc , for me i feel is like self console.. haha.. Still have to continue using hairloss till now my boy is 21mths coming and i still use hairloss not only hairloss n hair become grey more!

Rebec

Hairloss is normal after birth ard 3.5-4mths. Suggest that you dont use oily scalp shampoo & apply hair tonic after each hair wash.

pmcheng

Me too! I'm afraid of running my hands through my hair during bath time cos soo much hair that drops off! I'm coming to 3mths after delivery..

Is it ok to dye our hair after delivery? I'm thinking of doing something to my hair to brighten myself up and look less 'aunty'. Haha!

PrincessAriel

after 2010 baby comes out, my 2011 baby also came out last Dec. Now going to be 4 months and my hair is starting to fall out. Haiz....looks scary. And the thing I don't like is every time, I wake up, see a lot of hair on the pillow. My eldest daughter (now 3years plus) ask me why I am dropping hair so much. My 2nd one will pick up my hair and ask me to collect it.
:embarrassed:

annawtb

omg, i thought only me having this problem. My hair also started falling ever since I gave birth during 2010.Quite badly that I kept triming and go for treatment. I guess is due to the hormones changing.