Hair loss and thinning

sumentha

Hi mommies, I am a proud mother of a 3-week old baby boy. I had thick, dark, and long hair before my delivery. I was horrified to see my hair getting thinner each day after delivering my baby. My mom said it is quite natural and we tried many hair oils. It was of no use and I tried some online tips for this. I saw this blog while searching for this. [ http://inthebackyard.ca/10-beauty-products-hiding-in-your-garden/ ]. I read, using rosemary herbal rinse after shampooing would strengthen weak hair. Is this a remedy for my thin hair? Can anyone here suggest me better ideas? It would be of great help if you suggest some methods to regain the thickness of my hair.

Super Cute

Good news is that when your body is adjusted back it will stop. I change my diet to less acidic food. Cutting down on acidic food and increasing more alkaline food. Black beans soup minus the meat also help in the hair colour and hair lost. Be patient and eat wisely.

MichelleZ

Hi, sumentha, what Super Cute said is true, but depending on your genetics and other factors it might not fix by itself with just some time. If at any time you start to really worry about it I suggest you consult with a professional, it wouldn't hurt. This is what I did and I ended up getting some valuable advice. My husband went to www.follicle.com.sg for hair implants and I decided to use this opportunity for myself as well :)

Sky Teo

Hey Samantha, its great that you are considering natural remedies.
I have being using essential oil on my scalp and hair and the result is great.

Peppermint is great for hair growth. I use Peppermint for hair growth.
Only one drop per day
https://eunatural.com/peppermint-oil-hair-growth/

I don't use conditioner, instead, I only apply 2-3 drops of Cedarwood and my hair is smooth and not fizzy at all. Cedar wood is also very good for the scalp.

Of course the essential oil you choose is also very important. Im using Young Living essential oil.
Don't worry, not selling here.. just sharing what has worked for me.. email cupcakes13@hotmail.com if you are interested

Belle Sim Yee

Hi, I am new to this forum. My sister recently just gave birth and she is suffering from hair loss. She is very worried about her hair. Was wondering beside the treatments you recommend, is there any other quick resolution to hair thinning? cos she wants to see immediate result. She is worried sick. How about hair extensions? Anyone here has any experience? Some say hair extension is very bad for the hair but are there any good extensions about?

Sky Teo

Hi Belle, as mentioned in my earlier post, I feel it is better to consider natural remedies.

First of all, it is perfectly normal to experience hair loss after child birth due to the sudden plunge in estrogen levels after giving birth. It is more of a hormonal reaction and usually takes about a year to be back to normal.

I have had two kids and I know how scary it is!
Seeing so much Hair on the floor is shocking!

I'll be very transparent with you.
I am a Young Living member and is happy to share my experience with you.

I have previously used both Rene Furterer and Phyto Shampoo for thinning hair.
You can find both brands at Guardian and Watsons.

Of the two, Phyto works better for me. I used Phyto for close to three or even four years until I found the Lavender Mint Shampoo by Young Living. The Lavender Mint Shampoo is plant-based, safe, and absolutely no harsh chemicals. And I see many small baby hair growing after using this shampoo for 3-4 months!
Two other friends whom I recommended this shampoo to also gave me the same feedback!
Yes, it strengthen your scalp and promotes hair growth.
https://www.youngliving.com/en_SG/products/lavender-mint-daily-shampoo

Other than that, I also apply essential oil on my scalp/hair.
I use a blend of Lavender, Cedarwood and Rosemary.
Refer to this for more details : https://draxe.com/hair-thickener/

Last but not least, after addressing the external treatment, do remind your sis to be mindful of her internal health. Since hair loss after childbirth is mostly due to hormonal imbalances, it would be good if she could google for more information on what food/nutrients are needed.

If she is interested in supplements, I would highly recommend Young Living Ningxia Red and Young Living Sulfurzyme supplement.

Ningxia Red
https://www.youngliving.com/en_SG/products/ningxia-red
http://ningxiared.com

Sulfurzyme - has a combination of MSM, the protein building compound found in breast milk and Lyceum Barbarum to support the immune system and to slow down and stop body degenerative conditions such as hair loss, poor nail, skin issues, poor muscle tone, arthritis and gout.
https://www.youngliving.com/en_SG/products/sulfurzyme-capsules

If you would like to buy sulphur from the pharmacy, do be careful not to get man-made chemical sulphur.
Use only organic sulphur that is derived from plants.

Don't worry, not selling here.. just sharing what has worked for me..
I am an independent Young Living distributor and is happy to offer YL products at 10% off retail price.
You can text me at 8365-6983 or email cupcakes13@hotmail.com if you are interested.

I also have a fb page https://www.facebook.com/InnerHarmonyYL/ where I share about essential oils and health in general.
I am going to start a series of how we can use essential oil in accordance to the Traditional Chinese Medicine Wisdom! do join me if you are interested.

Hope my sharing helped!

Cheers, Sky

SherminMK

Hi, I am new to this forum. My sister recently just gave birth and she is suffering from hair loss. She is very worried about her hair. Was wondering beside the treatments you recommend, is there any other quick resolution to hair thinning? cos she wants to see immediate result. She is worried sick. How about hair extensions? Anyone here has any experience? Some say hair extension is very bad for the hair but are there any good extensions about?
Hi Belle

I'm a mummy of 1 and i'm facing the same problem as what your sister is facing. I even had oily scalp, dry hair due to hormone changes. But recently i encounter a product which actually helps to solve my problems for the hair loss and the products actually received quite a numbers of good reviews. Maybe if you are interested you can msg me, i can give you more details on the products

WOWOSG

Hi mommies, I am a proud mother of a 3-week old baby boy. I had thick, dark, and long hair before my delivery. I was horrified to see my hair getting thinner each day after delivering my baby. My mom said it is quite natural and we tried many hair oils. It was of no use and I tried some online tips for this. I saw this blog while searching for this. [ http://inthebackyard.ca/10-beauty-products-hiding-in-your-garden/ ]. I read, using rosemary herbal rinse after shampooing would strengthen weak hair. Is this a remedy for my thin hair? Can anyone here suggest me better ideas? It would be of great help if you suggest some methods to regain the thickness of my hair.
Hi Sumentha,

I have been experiencing hair loss condition until my house cleaner thought that i having cancer. haha
But recently, i found a ginger product shampoo which help me to improve on my hair fall condition. It also make my scalp not as oily as before. You can pm me if you are interested in the shampoo.

BeeChoo Ladies

Dear Mothers, if you would like to try an alternative yet effective way to remedy your postpartum hair loss, visit us at www.beechooladies.com.sg at our 5 Pahang Street outlet (Near bugis area). It is exclusive for women only.

Our herbal treatment is chemical free, so you still can do it even when you're breastfeeding.

Affordable treatments ranging from $41 to $69 per treatment - check out our reviews here - http://www.beechooladies.com.sg/reviews-and-testimonials-of-bee-choo-origin-treatment/

Bee Choo is a homegrown, Singaporean brand and now has outlets all over Asia. We believe in providing honest, affordable treatment. Check out this testimonial from our customer!

Shannon Yeo

Ladies..

Hair drop is normal de. The hair that dropped was actually the dead hair that was stuck earlier on the silicone oil on our hair scalp. Silicone is one of the major reason for hairfall. When stucked, it blocks our hair scalp, causing hair not able to absorb nutrients, therefore hair dies and drop. Just like plant, wither and dies.

Me myself used to drop a lot of hair too.. dry and frizzy.. 1 of the reason is also becoz I colour my hair and rebonding many times.. but once I start this ginger shampoo, omg!! Not only my hair drop lessen, my hair also become so soft and smooth. My hair regrowth too.. I am so happy that this small little bottle help me cleared all my worries and I’m very appreciated..

Good things must share!! PM me if u r interested to find out more.. :) wash ur hair is like doing treatment on your hair..

shulyn

I have severe hair loss problems after childbirth. Whenever I comb hair it's like a pool of hair coming off. If the scalp is well taken care of, you will see a healthier scalp which means your scalp is no longer oily = less hair fall. To be honest, I have tried many products, all claimed to be hair loss but none help. Got introduced by a friend to www.SMIB.com.sg Anti hair loss SMIB shampoo from Korea, tried for 2 months and I can see lesser hair fall. My comb is the obvious sign and it's really just a few strands than a pool of hair. As a mother, my shopping list is no longer normal shampoo. No harm trying cos their products is made of high grade calcium, one of the most important ingredients for maintaining a healthy scalp. By keeping your scalp healthy, it helps to stop hair loss.

Motherslcub

Hey mummies! .Are you currently expecting and in first or second trimester? .We have a baby box specially curated for you and guess what? It's a FREE redemption and we only give out 500 boxes per month! What's in it? .There's a bunch of newborn starter pack for mummies to experience it before you are going to get well prepared on what brands you wanted to buy for your Lil' baby..What you should do to redeem the baby box . Remember to check on the Terms & Conditions before you redeem your baby box so you will not miss out your redemption! .Mothersclub Baby Box Link:

Email to us (mothersclubsg@gmail.com) to get your BABY BOX now!

lysagrey93

I think maybe you need to add some vitamins in your diet and maybe change your hair care products. I have had a lo of problems when it came not only to my hair but also my skin and my general well-being after I gave birth. Even though I was eating healthy I still felt like something was missing. I decided to go to a nutritionist as well as start going to they gym as well.
I was always kind of interested in sports and I thought that the trips will help me with my appearance.
At my appointment I asked what I needed to change in my everyday menu and I asked her a lot how sports impact nutrition and what changes are needed when you start going to the gym regularly. I mean I was always interested in consuming sports nutrition since I heard that it is high in protein and gives you that boost of energy that I seemed to be lacking these days but I was also worried because I was not sure if it was goo vitamin wise.
I am very happy that I met with her because she has been a lot of help. I did add some protein shakes as well as some vitamin complexes that athletes usually use and I noticed a drastic difference. If you want some more information send me a DM

Last edited:

maryramp

It may be related to the hormonal background. This phase usually lasts for several months. The second theory is related to the fact that coronavirus infection leads to the formation of micro clots. They can be in the microvasculature of the hair follicle. This is why the hair does not get enough blood supply, oxygen, and nutrients, which leads to hair loss. A third cause can be medications with a powerful immunosuppressive effect, which can contribute to increased hair loss. To check whether you suffer from excessive hair loss, you can only consult a trichologist at https://goo.gl/maps/iS5HPMLozPDjZxrJ7 .