Hammering at home

xicloudix

Sometimes, it's just better to avoid than regret. :)
If you know, try not to do lor. If you don't know, then you will be excused.

Make a pregnancy ticker

yes try to avoid... but somtimes u encounter cases like mrsneo, she did not know her father was hammering.. and happen to see him hammering and she feel uneasy abt it as she is pantang.... her mood (if she is very angry and keep thinking/ depress/ mood swings as she is preggy now ) will affect her baby....

Mrsneo: dun worry abt it... dun let it affect ur mood... be happy and dun think!

delldoown

If he's calm Robert Terai, pianist just opened the instrument, out of the action and started playing with the surrounding environment, hammer, until everything is under control. This is the place in Handel, Haydn Symphony Hall concert on Friday night, the middle of Beethoven's Fourth Piano Concerto.

MrsNeo

yes try to avoid... but somtimes u encounter cases like mrsneo, she did not know her father was hammering.. and happen to see him hammering and she feel uneasy abt it as she is pantang.... her mood (if she is very angry and keep thinking/ depress/ mood swings as she is preggy now ) will affect her baby....

Mrsneo: dun worry abt it... dun let it affect ur mood... be happy and dun think!

thanks =) ya.. i've already treat it as nothing big deal ;-)

maneo0302

I sprained my foot last sat. My hubby rub for me on Sat night and Sun. But its still painful on Mon and Tue. So yest night went to Eu Yan Sang to have it treated. The female dr says that she can't rub or even paste the herb plaster on my foot. I can't eat any medicines too. Wasted trip.
Actually my hubby cannot rub with ointment, but since done is done. I will also forget about it. its just like hammering. Don't think and it will be fine.

keefu

Hi mommies!

Just wanna ask anyone encounter any of your family members drilling/hammering while you're at home?

Just realise my dad was hammering in the living room while i'm in my room -.-
Which for what i know, is quite "pantang" not to do it right..
But already done.. feeling super angry and uneasy over it.

Was wondering if anyone went through the same situation during pregnancy and baby was perfectly fine when born?

Thanks =)
It's okay cos you are in your own room while the hammering is in the living room, means you are not witnessing the process. When I was preggy, my in laws had to drill a new mirror in one of their bedrooms and reno the kitchen and toilets, all I have to do is just hide in my hubby's bedroom. And now my baby's a fine boy. :)

My husband was drilling and hammering, putting up new shelves for the baby room. I had no problems at all. I guess the old superstitution is just trying to give the pregnant mother a more serene environment to rest in.

maneo0302

My husband was drilling and hammering, putting up new shelves for the baby room. I had no problems at all. I guess the old superstitution is just trying to give the pregnant mother a more serene environment to rest in.
I think most impt is the individual. What you believes in, will become true. :)

KimKee

Hi, sorry to dig out this thread after so long.
But I'm facing this issues as well.

My house needs to undergo some minimal Reno work today. Taking up some of the tiles in both bathrooms to redo, cleaning up the bathrooms and also redoing the tiles' grouting. I felt uneasy as I read about all the pantang things doing Reno work when pregnant. But my husband insisted that its alright. Argh

I'm currently about 5 to 6 weeks pregnant. No choice, I stayed in one of the room the whole day instead and told the baby in the tummy what's going etc.

I'm so paranoid , cant stop not to overthink about this. But what shouldn't be done had been done. Can only pray that my baby is not affected . Huhu

Any mommies out there had experienced this kind of things before? Hows everything now? I think I kind of seeking assurance.