Happycall double pan from lejel

marshmallows

Hi any mummies bought Happycall double pan featured in lejel home shopping (channel U)? Looks good and made in Korea. Kind of tempted to buy :shyxxx:

jos17

I tried to make a online purchase on 3/8/2011 and all I got fm Lejel is a email that the order is pending. I waited for two days (5/8/2011) until friday received sms fm the the deliveryman (I got two missed calls fm the deliveryman beforehand) on what time to deliver. I replied anytime and no further updates given.

So I sms a time range on that day, I received after 7pm. I sms I referred Sat or mon on certain time range. I still received no further update. I smsed and called the deliveryman. Only then, the deliveryman said mon reluctantly.

I called lejel and to my shock, the delivery was on 9 aug. My husband called to cancel the order as the customer service was bad (no update and bad attitude fm the customer service - they did not bothered to check why you cancel order and the lady was rude) and no update fm the deliveryman on delivery time despite the sms on preferred timeslot was sent - the deliveryman did not even bothered to advise that the delivery date was on 9 aug.

So frustrated. If you are interested to order. Please do PHONE order and do contact the deliveryman on phone, not through SMS. Or you might be waiting for a long time at home for the order.

marshmallows

Sounds bad. My dad just placed an order with them through the phone and was told that the delivery would be on 11 Aug as it is a HOT item. Hmmm.. dunno if it's really that hot or just they are short-handed. Hopefully they'll deliver as promised.

jos17

Make sure your dad got the correct timing for delivery or he might wait at home for the product in vain.

camom

I have this pan. Yes, it is used for normal cooking. The rubber seal allows u to seal in the food so that it gets cooked faster.

camom

A friend helped me buy from a spree, I think via SMH. After delivery charges, about $50+. So far, I have made a few items with it - grilled prawns, enoki muchrooms bacon rolls, popcorn, fried fish & heated up some ready-cooked food like ham, otah & frozen veg.

These are some of the pics (i didn't take all, but those I was experimenting with only)
prawns.jpg bacon rolls.jpg popcorn.jpg

Last edited:

Phoebii Cheng

A friend helped me buy from a spree, I think via SMH. After delivery charges, about $50+. So far, I have made a few items with it - grilled prawns, enoki muchrooms bacon rolls, popcorn, fried fish & heated up some ready-cooked food like ham, otah & frozen veg.

These are some of the pics (i didn't take all, but those I was experimenting with only)
View attachment 61367 View attachment 61369 View attachment 61368
Looks good, and the price quite ok too...btw, what is SMH?

camom

camom, how do you make the popcorn?
I use a proportion of 1/3 cup dried maize or popcorn kernels to 3 tblsp of veg oil cos the happycall pan cannot take more than this. Any type of veg oil can be used, so long as it has a high smoke point. I used Canola oil cos that's what I have at home.

Put oil in pan and turn on heat to med high. Place 3-4 kernels into oil and cover. Once the kernels start popping, pour the rest of the dried kernels into the pan on a single layer and cover loosely with lid. This will allow the water vapours to escape and give you a crispier popcorn. Remove pan from fire and count to 30. Place pan back on fire. You should hear the corn kernels popping in the next few min. Shake the pan occasionally and when the popping shows down to an interval of 4-5 seconds. It's about done. Remove from fire and pour all popcorn into big bowl immediately.

You can add toppings as you like. There are lots of recipes on the internet :)

JF-1

I use a proportion of 1/3 cup dried maize or popcorn kernels to 3 tblsp of veg oil cos the happycall pan cannot take more than this. Any type of veg oil can be used, so long as it has a high smoke point. I used Canola oil cos that's what I have at home.

Put oil in pan and turn on heat to med high. Place 3-4 kernels into oil and cover. Once the kernels start popping, pour the rest of the dried kernels into the pan on a single layer and cover loosely with lid. This will allow the water vapours to escape and give you a crispier popcorn. Remove pan from fire and count to 30. Place pan back on fire. You should hear the corn kernels popping in the next few min. Shake the pan occasionally and when the popping shows down to an interval of 4-5 seconds. It's about done. Remove from fire and pour all popcorn into big bowl immediately.

You can add toppings as you like. There are lots of recipes on the internet :)
Hi Camom, i would like to buy 1 too. Is yours PAN/JUMBO/DEEPER size? I saw 1 in gmarket, abit reluctant on its genuine. Can u refer your friend to me ?
i read your review, how would you rate it? the cooked food is nice and crispy? TQQQ

AgnesKX

Hi, care to share where to buy? Feel safe and relief when see and buy personally rather than order online and call. Thanks

superbmothers

hi, i a newbie in this forum, i buy online the deeper happycall from gmarket. it is not scary to buy online. i have also come out with a list of happycall faq in my blog Superb Mothers which you can refer. My latest check the pan is selling at $64, if you get a discount coupon you can get it cheaper.

superbmothers

Is it good?

cos I have heard from friends that some said its good, others said its not good :p
it really depends how you see it. if you like grilled meat like fish, chicken, steak, etc. this is ready good. cos it does not make your kitchen messy (almost no smoke, no oily stove, etc). you can look into my blog (Superb Mothers) under faq - recipes, those are food cook by happycall pan via mothers like us.

If i could get a happycall pan again, i will take the ocher deeper as it is coated with clay, it is heavy 1.9kg but i own a deeper which is 1.7kg. most of the time you no need to flip and you can flip with both hand. if it is too heavy, the standard one will be fine for all mums.

the only thing which "i don't like" about buying happycall is the waiting time for delivery, it is really long but worthwhile. also consider buying extra sealer as it will wear and tear.

download the english manual to have a look (also in my blog) so you will know how easy to maintain the pan and i update most of the happycall bargain on the top right hand corner of my blog so you can get a good deal.

have a happy time

superbmothers

Dear Mums,

We have officially launched the happycall spree and all the details out and running. Visits Superb Mothers: SuperbMothers HappyCall Spree 01 - 01 Nov - 07 Nov for more details

Regards

Superbmothers
Dear Mums,

We have just completed our 1st Spree. For those that have orders their happycall pan thru us, we thank you for your support. The pans will be shipping out of the supplier tml. For update, pls visit the spree announcement for more details on current order and upcoming spree. If your company wishes to have a happycall demo, do feel free to drop us an email

somestores

Re: Happycall double pan

Dear all,

I just came back from Korea for holiday and bought 10 LATEST Happycall pans (BROWN ones; the red ones are the older version).

Koreans named it the "Happycall Deeper Pressure Pan"
Dimension: 275mm x 245mm x 75mm
Weight: 1.9kg

Delivery: Self-collection (as it's quite heavy; not very ideal to send via Singpost)

Price: SGD 78 each

To purchase, text me at 91874834 or send an email to somestores@gmail.com

Cheers!