Has any mummies send their kids to cc?

angelwendy

Hi mummies.. Has any of u start sending ur kids to any childcare centre already? I was intending go send my son to childcare soon on nov.. He is 19.5 months now.. Don't know why I keep worry that he will cry without me around .. As I took care of him from newborn till now.. So he is quite sticky to me... He don't really speak yet.. So I worry he cannot express himself if there is any unhappiness in childcare... Any mummies has the same worries ? & how u cope? Pls advise... Thx

Spiralng

Hv send my son to cc when he is 18mths. 1st day veri happy and sticky dun lwt me iff his sight but no crying. 2nd day know wat to expect started crying n kept pulling me asking me to leave the class. If not he will act like a mop n roll on the floor. In the end, i let the teacher handle him while i did my disappearing act. 3rd day cling on to me n refuse to let me leave so i wait till his teachers hold him then i disappear again. When i chk wif the teachers, they feedback tat once i m out of sight he is ok. Conclusion... Find a reliable cc wif teachers n supervisior who love kids n let them handle. Cos i realise normally the kids will cry or fuss when parents r around but once gone they will all guai guai participate in the class

angelwendy

Actually was scare that he is not ready.. Then we decided to let him stay home.. But enroll him to those 2hrs playgroup...

megtan

My son now 21 mths. Sent him to half day cc when he was 17 mths (wrote in to MCYS) to get permission for early enrolment (instead of official 18). Reason being he was very sticky to me and I couldn't get any chores or cooking done at all.

Stayed at the cc for first 3 days. First day, he stuck to me like glue. Second day, I let the teachers take over, and I hid in the room. He kept crying and I almost relented. Third day, he also cried, I couldn't stand it and decided to leave. Heard from teachers that he cried, stopped then cried. For 3 weeks, he cried. But after that, ok already.

He couldn't talk yet too, but could indicate some of his needs through signing like more food. Based on my observations, the teachers and auntie (who cleans and cooks) quite caring and friendly, so I'm assured.

His father send him to the cc every morning and I fetch him at noon. When he was 20 mths, I let him take school bus home. He cried for a few days, but after that ok already. The school bus uncle and auntie quite nice couple.

Kids build their resilience very quickly. At least now I can have a whole morning to do chores and cook lunch and dinner.

bumping up this thread. I am sourcing for a cc for my 18mt son too. I actually signed up with Treasure Box at Marine Parade. But thinking back, my hb n i realized that they actually open up the windows win the children r sleeping. So we decided to cancel the plan so our admin fees gonna be forfeited. The decision was too rush coz back then our son was running around n we were distracted. Anyway, mummies, care to share which cc or playgroup to recommend?

We went to check out Julia Gabriels , GUG n Bibinogs. Im also very confused now, dunno to send him for 2 hrs PG or cc. Coz he is v clingy n these classes all require parental involvement. Ya n he can't speak yet. Hai,....

kireipiggy

Yes, im confused too. Actually i prefer natural ventilation as lowers the possibility of airborne virus transmit. But so far I was told only those old PAP offers such environment.

Otherwise I will have to enrol to airconditioned school but where?

Ya but they open the windows n there are no grilles! So scary! Non air con cc , there r alot I think. Can check out Agape, MMI , Learning Vision, Sunny Bunny .. These r the ones Im looking at so far. Alot of them all non air con. Cherie hearts has alot of branches too

luvbene

HI, my bene is coming 21 months, does not really know how to talk too but he understands what we talked to him. He is super playful, very active etc. I like to send him full day playgroup.. m looking into My First Skool.. cos i stay in hougang area, Learning Kids in hougang green super long waiting list. Lots of headache with my maids, this is 4th maid and she will be going back as she does not want to work with us anymore. I think sending bene to playgroup is good so i could do some household chores or maybe part time maid.. what do u all mummies think?