Has anyone tried hypnosis to improve teen behaviour? (rudeness/lack of concentration)

Fivewishes

Hi,

I have a teenage son who isn't interested in studies and not motivated at all.. I am considering taking him to a Hypnotherapist to help 'change his way of thinking'.. but none of the therapists I have contacted are willing to give references, etc.. except for testimonials on their websites. Therefore, I don't know if it is really effective..

Has anyone tried hypnosis/hypnotherapy to help their child focus more in school and willing to share their experience?

My son is also quite rude towards his teachers and classmates lately.. any suggestions how to curb rudeness?

Thanks,
Fivewishes

Ting

Re: Has anyone tried hypnosis to improve teen behaviour? (rudeness/lack of concentrat

i think it is more of a passing teenage phrase. esp for boys..
hypnosis??
hmm, ive seen b4 on tv.
the show was abt to help obese ppl lose weight, so they hypnotise them n when they see unhealthy food (like burgers, fries, snacks), they will wanna vomit (i think they make them think its shit.) but they see veges n fruits they will gobble down..
but im not sure how true it is.. cos afterall, its on tv.....

yellowpudding

Re: Has anyone tried hypnosis to improve teen behaviour? (rudeness/lack of concentrat

I reckon you meant hypnotherapy. It's still relatively new in Singapore but however I do know of a few located at Camden Centre started a course of treatment for issues such as stress level management, obesity, quit smoking etc. :)

For your son's age, actually counselling will be good enough. In relating to motivation wise, if you like to, you may wish to enter him to Adam Khoo's motivation camp. :)

Ting

yup, i think u shld start on counselling first rather than hypnosis..... :)

Fivewishes

Thanks ladies for your replies..

Yes, Hypnosis is also known as hypnotheraphy.. Looks like no one has experienced this before..

Where would I find cousenlling? Is it from school? Or do you mean psychiatric help where it could also be known as counselling by a health professional?

Cheers,
Five Wishes

Ting

hmmmm i think sch shld hv counsellors too?
but u need to work closely with them to deal with the issues.
mayeb u can check with his sch first to see if they hv their own sch counsellors? :)

Eileen10

My nephew who is pri. 5 this year actually went for hypnotherapy sessions at Camden Medical for study performance and improvement for concentration. He enjoyed the sessions there very much and it seems to be working.

I am also considering bringing my son there since consultation is free anyway. Well, hope this helps. :yellow: