Have you ever accidentally called your MIL "Ah Ma"???

jal

I did it before... Twice in fact... Because their age gap was closer compared to my mother & mother in law.
Alternatively, have you ever accidentally called your father in law 'ahKong'???

Last edited:

apollo

haha no... but there was a few occasions i accidentally called my MIL 'aunty' when i just got married not long ago.. and when my MIL wanna tell me abt FIL she will also accidentally said "uncle say......." HAHA!!! But now okay alrdy though once in awhile nearly call her 'aunty' cause we seldom meet... LOL!!:tlaugh:

Domique

Ya i wanted to call aunty and uncle too.....

even coming 2 yrs of marriage.
:p

haha no... but there was a few occasions i accidentally called my mother in law 'aunty' when i just got married not long ago.. and when my mother in law wanna tell me about father in law she will also accidentally said "uncle say......." HAHA!!! But now okay alrdy though once in awhile nearly call her 'aunty' cause we seldom meet... LOL!!:tlaugh:

Domique

I never but its funny lor!

I did it before... Twice in fact... Because their age gap was closer compared to my mother & mother in law.
Alternatively, have you ever accidentally called your father in law 'ahKong'???

Queenbabe

haha my hubby totally opposite with you... he will keep call my mother "MAMA!"
Wahahahaha sounds like he is more close to your mother :001_302:

Huh? Why is that so???
Dont know ... i do greet them but since staying under same roof & im at home everyday tats y i seldom greet them if not like that im very busy dont know must greet how many times a day hahahaha .... even their own son my hubby also never greet them lor ...... :tlaugh:

Stan

JAL, you are so cute!

address them by Father or mother...
BUT my mother in law refers father in law to me as "Daddy".... freaking weird!!....... i dont even call my own father daddy...

Last edited:

apollo

JAL, you are so cute!

address them by Father or mother...
BUT my mother in law refers father in law to me as "Daddy".... freaking weird!!....... i dont even call my own father daddy...
very weird to call fil "daddy" leh!!! i only greet fil & mil "pa" "ma" and full stop. will not call them unnecessarily.. haha!!:tlaugh:

Ting

hmmm, bf also call his mother mummy, n i also call my mum mummy....
next time duno how liao. -.-"

sean-tan

i did call my mil ah ma b4 a few time, mayb coz of her age, nearer to my granny. my hubby was 10 yr older den me n e youngest, so e age gap bt my mil n me is big.

bellerichez

I never greet them at all ever since after married cos feel weird lor and somemore i dont like them. Anyway they also don't call me by my name they call me "OEI" or "WEI".

bellerichez

Eh... So the dislike is mutual? LOL.
Cos they are old people mah don't know how to call me by my english name. So they call me "wei" but is FIL who call me "Oei". I also don't bother to call them lor. I don't think they know that i dislike them. But my hubby know i dislike them very much. Haha.

There's once my FIL accuse me of not waking up my hubby for work then i got so angry i scolded my hubby the moment he wake up, after that he scolded his dad for accusing me. In the end FIL apologise to me and bought durian back to compensate. :001_302: