Head of the house

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
I guess there is no really no such need for the title of Head of the House though conservatively i think a man needs to appear like he's the head of the family. Mutual Respect, Trust and Understanding is important for us. :)

Generally, i make decisions on domestic and education issues but would keep him updated on all decisions. Bigger issues, we would make it a point to discuss and make a decision together. :)

rjj

Yes yes yes, sister.. :tlaugh: Ya lor, most of the time, he listen one as he dotes on me ma.. Heehee.. :red:

I believe your hb dotes on u too.. He's such a friendly giant!! :tlaugh:
always call him friendly giant... haha..... he so big meh????

celine

for us there's nth call head of the house...
big issues we will discuss...
unless thingz tt i cant make up my mind then i listen to dh... :tlaugh:

Mrs Xie

There's no "Head of the house" for me and dh... we share before we do, try to compromise.... but of coz, sometimes I will still give dh 'face'...... cos I think men should oso deserves having prides.

awish

i believe in mutual respect and no mcp for me. One needs to listen to the other party who has got a better valid reason, thats how a relationship should be like.

MsKoh1973

usually I decide, my husband excute, unless its things I cannot do or don't noe, like changing light bulb etc. My house, from what house to buy, what budget, what renovation, what tiles, what sink, what pipe, I choose, if my husband got second opinion, he will have to speak up, otherwise, forever remain silent.

Even what childcare, what enrichment class for my girl, I also decide. And what investment to buy, what bank a/c to open etc.

I am the president, Minister of Finance / Foreign affairs / Technology / Defence / Education / Health etc in the family. My husband is the Perm Sec.

angiebaby

usually I decide, my husband excute, unless its things I cannot do or don't noe, like changing light bulb etc. My house, from what house to buy, what budget, what renovation, what tiles, what sink, what pipe, I choose, if my husband got second opinion, he will have to speak up, otherwise, forever remain silent.

Even what childcare, what enrichment class for my girl, I also decide. And what investment to buy, what bank a/c to open etc.

I am the president, Minister of Finance / Foreign affairs / Technology / Defence / Education / Health etc in the family. My husband is the Perm Sec.
haha same as me, my house im the one who made decision, sell house buy house, reno, investment, all decide by me, hubby always ask me even if he just want to buy something like game set or some clothes, he will tell me when and where he goes but i no need tell him...

noelsmum

In our family, husband has 60% say and I 40% say. We discuss about issues before deciding. Sure, there are times that I'll just shut up and agree even though I disagree but I've learnt to pick my battles. We dated for 10 years and this year is our 9th anniversary so to a certain extent we know each other well. Once in every 2 years, I spend 2 or 3 weeks in States without him and he's fine with it. So I guess the key to everything is a little of give and take.

shopaholic

But when we are outside with his friends or family, I will naturally shut up and be a "yes" wife. Give him the face and the ego boost.
Me too! May not to the extent of "yes" to everything, but if I really need to voice something out, I will do so gently.

Back to the topic, we will discuss on the major issues (eg. buy big ticket items, children's education etc) and make a decision together. Small things like buying necessities or even my shopping stuff, I make my own decision. I dont need to bother him with small matters.

Last edited: