Heinz for my 3 month Old

paradize

Hi MOMs ,

My baby boy is now 3 months old. I am wondering if I can include/introduce the below foods for my baby.

1.Nestle Cerelac Brown Rice.Can I just mix this with hot water and feed him or mix in MILK Formulae and give him?
Nestle products especially for your baby - NESTLÉ® CERELAC® Infant Cereal Brown Rice

2.Heinz. Can I just start to give him spoons of Heinz?
Apple and Banana Custard
Egg Custard
Pear and Banana
HEINZ BABY Food :: Baby Food

Please guide or share with me what kind of foods can we introduce to a 3 month old baby?

Thanks alot.

Cheers
:Dancing_wub:

apollo

3 mth old is way too young to start semi solid!! i think the safest age is 6mth old or maybe 5mth+ if u wanna start earlier.. but 3 mth old is really too young..

3 months is too young, my dear.

"Most common recommendation for weaning age comes from the World Health Organisation (WHO), which suggests to wait until 6mths of age to introduce solids. We know, however, that babies' digestive and immune systems can tolerate food A LITTLE earlier (from around 17 weeks of age), and so the exact timing is really dependent on your baby." - Annabel Karmel

Please wait till at least over 5mths before you do it. Introducing now can be very bad for baby.

HoneybunnyZ

Can your baby sit up well even say with support? If she's not stable with support introducing solid now can also pose choking hazard and at such a young age solid is not the best for their sensitive digestive system
So honestly 3 months is really too early.
I wanted to start back then at 4 months not as a meal but just to let him try the taste of cereals as he could sit with support relatively well
But my pd told me to wait till he's at least 5.5 months which I did
Most would tell you to wait till 6 months if baby is soon well on bm/ fm.

paradize

Hi MOMs,

Thanks alot for your most wonderful support and guidance. My wife started to give my 3 months old baby semi solid food after listening to AUNTIE/GRANDMA tales. No research was done.

Somehow I felt that things are not right and started this thread. So happy to see enlightenment. I also GOOGLED and found that 5 to 6 months is the best timeframe to introduce SEMI SOLID FOOD.

Have anyone come across any good site having valuable information on this?

PinkDiamonds

The MINIMUM age to introduce cereal and semi solid is 4 months old, usually more applicable to full-term babies.

But this may expose the baby to food allergies as the digestive system may not yet be mature enough. The best time would probably be 6 months old.

If you do decide to introduce semi solids at 4 months old, stick to single grains like rice cereal.

And personally I don't think you should introduce egg custard even at 6 months old. A recent study in Australia recommended that egg be introduced past 1 year old, as they found that egg is one of the most common allergens for babies. My #1 was allergic to egg, from my breast milk. After she turned 1 year old she outgrew the allergy!

HoneybunnyZ

Hihi
You can try this link Right below
I did sign up to receive updates on child's development by month
And most times they are quite informative
Let your wife know yes it's true last time those aunties etc may hv done things differently;
Good if nothing happens ...
But y take the risk? The kid is not going to be any smarter or better by being super chubby or big with tough meat. Old aunties like babies like that.
However I at times wonder y my stomach always easily irritated etc
We may not know the long term effects by doing things based on old wives tales
If your baby is doing well on fm just let her be:) there's no hurry really.

Introducing solids

Priya Diva

Hi

Besides the websites, you cn also look for this bk called ' First Foods' which cn be bought from Popular bk store. I actually gt to know abt this bk thru mummysg forum. Its a very gd book with simple asian based recipes, how to make baby purees and so on written by our local nutritionist. They will tell u when to roughly intro the different types of food. Its a good starter.

zenmoonflower

Hi MOMs ,

My baby boy is now 3 months old. I am wondering if I can include/introduce the below foods for my baby.

1.Nestle Cerelac Brown Rice.Can I just mix this with hot water and feed him or mix in MILK Formulae and give him?
Nestle products especially for your baby - NESTLÉ® CERELAC® Infant Cereal Brown Rice

2.Heinz. Can I just start to give him spoons of Heinz?
Apple and Banana Custard
Egg Custard
Pear and Banana
HEINZ BABY Food :: Baby Food

Please guide or share with me what kind of foods can we introduce to a 3 month old baby?

Thanks alot.

Cheers
:Dancing_wub:
Doctors recommend that you should NEVER start feeding a baby semi-solids before 6 months of age (some say 4 months). Their digestive systems aren't mature enough to process semi-solids.

And, a baby should at least be able to hold his/her head upright before you even start to think of feeding them semi-solids.

Also, look at the packaging of all the baby foods you mentioned. They all state an age range (e.g. 4 to 6 months). Commercial baby foods will also state whether they're Stage 1 (single ingredient) or Stage 2 (multiple ingredients) baby foods. You should always start a baby on a single food (e.g. rice cereal - that's the safest to start with, mixed with breast/formula milk). Then wait four to five days before introducing another new food. In the interim, you should observe your baby to see if he has any adverse reaction to the new food you introduced. So those Heinz baby foods you mentioned are out, even for a 6 month old, because they're all multiple ingredients.

Last edited:

meiteoh

Doctors recommend that you should NEVER start feeding a baby semi-solids before 6 months of age (some say 4 months). Their digestive systems aren't mature enough to process semi-solids.

And, a baby should at least be able to hold his/her head upright before you even start to think of feeding them semi-solids.

Also, look at the packaging of all the baby foods you mentioned. They all state an age range (e.g. 4 to 6 months). Commercial baby foods will also state whether they're Stage 1 (single ingredient) or Stage 2 (multiple ingredients) baby foods. You should always start a baby on a single food (e.g. rice cereal - that's the safest to start with, mixed with breast/formula milk). Then wait four to five days before introducing another new food. In the interim, you should observe your baby to see if he has any adverse reaction to the new food you introduced. So those Heinz baby foods you mentioned are out, even for a 6 month old, because they're all multiple ingredients.
If you read the ingredients list on Nestle cereals - even for stage 1 - they are not single food items as they contain traces of dairy, gluten and even soy! Just FYI.