Heinz Puree

JOANNA-

Mummies, do you give ur ds/dd Heinz Puree mixed with cereal or jus feed them e puree from e bottle ? pls share ? thanks !

jedamum

Mummies, do you give ur ds/dd Heinz Puree mixed with cereal or jus feed them e puree from e bottle ? pls share ? thanks !
hi...i am a bottled puree 'expert'....heehee.
i introduce bottle puree straight from the bottle (warmed up the portion needed) around 5 mths. my ds2 started plain cereal around 5 mths. At around 8 mths, i then mixed puree into one of his cereal meal. At 13mths now, both his cereal meal is mixed with pureed.

stonston

wah! give bottled food every meal will burn big hole in pocket!! plus no variety lei...y not cook fresh?

jedamum

wah! give bottled food every meal will burn big hole in pocket!! plus no variety lei...y not cook fresh?
haha...ya...a big hole in the pocket. imagine...1 bottle a day. so i give organic range a miss.
y not cook fresh?
1. dunno if nutrients will be correctly retained
2. i am a cook-idiot. can only cook instant noodles. ds1 also prefers his dad to fry egg rather than me. :shyxxx:

JOANNA-

hi...i am a bottled puree 'expert'....heehee.
i introduce bottle puree straight from the bottle (warmed up the portion needed) around 5 mths. my ds2 started plain cereal around 5 mths. At around 8 mths, i then mixed puree into one of his cereal meal. At 13mths now, both his cereal meal is mixed with pureed.
Thanks jedamum for sharing :Dancing_wub:

JOANNA-

ya cant be bottled food every meal of course . lols . pocket will definately burn big hole esp those organic type is more exp . Im still learning to make home-made puree, jus bought a book about baby firstfoods . :tlaugh:

JOANNA-

haha...ya...a big hole in the pocket. imagine...1 bottle a day. so i give organic range a miss.
y not cook fresh?
1. dunno if nutrients will be correctly retained
2. i am a cook-idiot. can only cook instant noodles. ds1 also prefers his dad to fry egg rather than me. :shyxxx:
You can get books to try cooking on ds food ? :tlaugh:

jedamum

You can get books to try cooking on ds food ? :tlaugh:
:tlaugh:i got one...see already, fell asleep. :001_302:
the last time dh gave me instructions to make half boiled egg, i misunderstood him and i 'blew' the microwave and cause a slight short circuit. :shyxxx:

JOANNA-

:tlaugh:i got one...see already, fell asleep. :001_302:
the last time dh gave me instructions to make half boiled egg, i misunderstood him and i 'blew' the microwave and cause a slight short circuit. :shyxxx:
haha.. so u gave ur ds bottled puree n cereal every meal ? But i heard bottled puree has got preservative in it, can't give too much to baby ?

stonston

yes, bottled food has preservatives which r not good...

dun worry abt nutrient retention, definitley will be betta than bottled! cos bottled food r cooked at extremely high heat, usualli alot of vitamins gone le!!

if dunno how to cook, can learn...u want come to my house i show u...very simple one...

JOANNA-

yes, bottled food has preservatives which r not good...

dun worry abt nutrient retention, definitley will be betta than bottled! cos bottled food r cooked at extremely high heat, usualli alot of vitamins gone le!!

if dunno how to cook, can learn...u want come to my house i show u...very simple one...

still learning to cook lo . :Dancing_tongue:

Mrs Xie

Giving my dd puree food like pumpkin and fruits for maybe twice a week... other than that, would be porridge with fish, meat or veggie.... fresh fruits like apples, pears and bananas.

Last edited:

JOANNA-

Giving my dd puree food like pumpkin and fruits for maybe twice a week... other than that, would be porridge with fish, meat or veggie.... fresh fruits like apples, pears and bananas.
Mine still cant take porridge yet . But i've let my ds tried milk cereal . :red:

Mrs Xie

Mine still cant take porridge yet . But i've let my ds tried milk cereal . :red:
Started off with cereal as babies' first solid food is fine... my dd learn to take cereal only when she was 6mth-old and started porridge at only early 7mth-old.... and once she is ready, she really enjoys the food :tlaugh:

JOANNA-

Started off with cereal as babies' first solid food is fine... my dd learn to take cereal only when she was 6mth-old and started porridge at only early 7mth-old.... and once she is ready, she really enjoys the food :tlaugh:
my ds enjoy his cereal too . :Dancing_wub: