Hello everyone~

Vivian Chen

Hello all~I'm Vivian and I'm new here. Just wanna say hello to everyone. My son was born in last October. I'm still breastfeeding him but my milk is decreasing... If somebody knows good ways to boost breast milk, please kindly share your methods or eating recipes for me :)

Dora Su

Hi, recommend you to drink pork knuckle soup cooked with peanuts, TCM soup with vaccaria seeds, and chicken essence. I tried these soups during my confinement and that really help!

Hi Vivien,

Welcome to MummySG Forum! Congratulations on having your bundle of joy!

As for increasing breastmilk, one of the most effective ways to increase the supply is to increase the demand. Meaning, latch your son as often as you can. FEED ON DEMAND. That is the way our body signals our brain to produce more milk. Amazing, right? Although fenugreek capsules might work, and other galactagogues, nothing beats the increasing the demand to produce more supply.

It is also important to know if you are indeed lacking. Most often, mums can easily get frustrated when their babies cry despite after feeding session. Important that you know crucial stages like growth spurts.

Also, our website, MummySG, just type on the search field "breastmilk" has a lot of relevant articles that address your concern.

Thank you and God bless!